Why do YOU Blog???? Creative outlet or Attention..

blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
14 years ago

What drives us to Blog...

1) is it to seek an outlet for your creativity

2) Get the world to notice you... and your skills??

3) Is it to seek opinions... ratify your opinions

4) Something else....

Why do you blog...

And when do you know that you have succeeded in whatever you sought to have acheived through blogging????

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
I just love blogging. Don't need any other reason
AJCL
AJCL
from Singapore
14 years ago

I mostly blog for point 1. When I started off initially, though all that mattered to me was the number of hits my page got. I guess, that phase wore off quickly (thankfully) . Also blogging keeps me happy :)

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Well, I started blogging in order to provide an outlet for my creativity and to express my opinion.

But, in a way I blog for all the three reasons that u have given above.

http://worldofteenager.blogspot.com

Sheba
Sheba
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I started blogging one fine day, when I was dead bored in office..Now I find find blogging enjoyable coz it helps me to get some excess thoughts out of my head and make room for more Smile

Mukund
Mukund
from Noida
14 years ago

I think all the three things you mention apply to me... It started out as an outlet, A bit of attention and appreciation is what I thought was my next move and now I think its a great way to connect to and exchange thoughts with so many people from all over... So, ya all three apply to me...

Nicky
Nicky
from Chennai
14 years ago

People told me that my life needed to be documented so I started a blog for that and then ended up writing something else! :D 

NT Balanarayan
NT Balanarayan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I am a journalist, so I spend a lot of my time writing and rewriting copies. There are things I can't write in a newspaper, but can be posted in my personal blog. It's so because some thoughts are personal or opinionated or biased and that's not how things are written in a newspaper. So they go in my blog. Laughing

Also, I post all my gaming stories, which came in print in my gaming blog. So I have a directory of most, if not all the stories I have done. Comes in handy when I shift jobs. Wink

Kush Sharma
Kush Sharma
from Pune ,Lucknow
14 years ago

As I understand it,each soul is living under a veil ,creativity is the glimpse of that real look that all of us are granted by the creator.So when the inner thought process becomes so intense that you cannot hold it to just yourself because it belongs to larger cosmos (you) or any one, writes/paints/sings /laughs/or some times just smiles (like the infants in their sleep ).

I think that is the compulsion of creativity.Wink

You may find futher supportive argument at the link below:

http://sachmein.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html

Chicky Kadambari
from Jaipur
14 years ago

Brilliant! Love the way you have put this in words! I feel the same way too! In fact, I call my blog as the entity that looks at my reflection in the mirror through my eyes... my TRUE 'alter ego' perhaps ??? Or a 'split personality' perhaps?

Aravindh C.
Aravindh C.
from Trichy
14 years ago

Man gains joy when he is able to express his creativity; and when someone appreciates it,  or when they present their opinion. That is why I think many say "all the above." To some it is a joy, to others it is a purpose, to still others it is sheer timepass....

Websnacker
Websnacker
from New York
14 years ago

Mental Relief more than the attention! Blogging is a stress buster for me. Besides, I get to meet like-minded friends.

cheers

Review my Blog / Follow me on Twitter / Websnacker / Ideasonic Studios

blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Whow... Something has happened here... I put this up around two to three weeks ago and after some initial response things appeared to be dying down. So I relegated this forum post to somewhere at the back of nowhere.... till I checked things again recently and to my pleasent surprise... many have shared their opinions over the last two days...

I thank You all... The reason for the post was that I could not really rationalise what was driving me to blog and this was worrying me...And thats what brought me to all of you to try and figure out why we like to "hang it all out there".  And it has helped. Thank You.

I look forward to more responses... and in the meanwhile... I did a quick count and here is a summarisation of what fellow-bloggers feel...

1) A majority blog to find an outlet for creativity

2) An equal number of others wish to either get the world to notice their skills OR to seek, express and ratify opinions

3) Another popular reason appeared to be social networking and making friends

3) Some interesting, out of the box responses include a) beating boredom b) Backing up work c) documenting life d) blogging to beat stress

Look forward to hearing more from you...

NT Balanarayan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

It was Sheba Kunhimohammed who dug up the topic Smile

blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank You Sheba... and thank you NT for pointing that out

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

Well well well.

1. Because I can
  2. Because it is soothing
  3. Because i am able to document my thoughts so it acts like a diary for me
  4. Because I am looking for like minded people to interact with
  5. Because it is better than going on roof and shouting
  6. Because I think I can make a difference
  7. Because I think I can reach a large audience and they will come and read my blog a second time for the simple reason that they like it.  This gives high to me ( so I guess i am an attention seeker)
  8. Because it has given me the discipline
  9. Because one day I will make some money from my blog ( I guess this is on back of mind of most serious bloggers)
blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Prasad. Very explicit. Very clear.

Sheba
Sheba
from Mumbai
14 years ago

There's one more reason why I started blogging. I used to keep a personal diary..But it's too cumbersome to write in secret code, so that others don't understand it. and one day I realized I was cribbing more and more in my diary..So, I stopped maintaining the diary. I like blogging coz I know I can write about anything, keep it a little personal and a little impersonal

blog gore
blog gore
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Sheba... I understand... I too am obsessed about remaining incognito... Dont know why... but probably... if one does not know much about the writer... then any preconceived bias that one has goes out of the window and its easier to focus on what is written...

Lets see...

Vinay Bavdekar
Vinay Bavdekar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I blog mostly for reason 1. But apart from that, I use blogging to improve my writing skills. I have found it useful and it has shown in my writing at other avenues too.

Oh yes,  I do care what others have to say about my blog. And it is nice to hear different views on a topic in the comments section. Improves my perspective of a particular topic.

Vinay

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
14 years ago

i blog... coz i think it makes me happy. No other reason!

Jithin K.Rajeev
Jithin K.Rajeev
from Kalpakkam
14 years ago

Blogging for me started as a fantasy. Because it was new at the time, when I started. Then I was like blogging just with the aim of monetizing it. But that weared out, soon. My blog today represents me to the online community. This habit gave me exposure and recognition. It helped me expand my network beyond social networking sites like orkut and facebook. 

My blog has helped me achieve things which I wouldn't have achieved without it. I believe, My blog is what I am.

I recently moved to my own domain. Blogging is a passion now. I like to live, not just survive, be it online or offline.

LockSign in to reply to this thread