COMMENTS WHICH ANNOY

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Surprised Why do some bloggers delete comments which are contradictory to their views ,or even critical ? Nobody's views can be universally acceptable,& any comments that project a different viewpoint balance the piece.Abusive comments,of course deserve the waste bin.

Is that why we mostly come across superlative comments only ?

Am i right ?What do you think ?

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Indu - That is one side of the story. The reason for superlative comments is lot of blogger tips mention that to get traffic you need to visit other blogs and leave comments - So what many bloggers do is they visit a large number of blogs and leave superlative comments by just skimming through the post for key words or getting hints from other comments and hope that the blogger will return the complement. So it all becomes a game of hollow complementing each other like the Indiblogger voting system.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

TF, the point you are making and the one which Indu has mentioned are two different things basically. Let us speak about what are you have mentioned here.

The basic pproblem is with the those blogging tips websites which tell that to make your blog visible, you should visit other relevant blogs and websites and comment there with a link to your blog. What they fail to mention and what people fail to understand is that its not about commenting, its relevant commenting. I'm sure almost everyone makes this mistake in the beginning. While this approach works fine till the time, you do so on other relatively new blogs, most of the oldies recognize it and delete them. I did both these mistakes; just commented single liners like good one and left my link and also allowed such comments on my blog. Thankfully, I understood the secret pretty soon and corrected myself. Actual problem is when people do not understand it even after a considerable amount of time.

Marita Abraham
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I fully agree with you. I think it really becomes a game of  "you like my work, I'll like yours". I've actually had someone say, "Follow my blog and I'll return the favour". And even though it was very politely put across, it isn't the best way to publicize your blog. 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Bascially i feel comments should value rather only praising the coverage and photos uploaded.  Negative comments are also welcome if the information dished out is wrong or subject to corrections.  Many a times the cost indication of travel, tickets etc are subject to dynamic world.  Deleting comments is part and parcel of the virtual world.

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@umesh ----a negative comment does not necessarily mean that the info given is wrong---a reader may have different thoughts on the subject & say so to give a wider coverage on the topic....as The Sorcerer has said,it becomes a prestige issue for some.

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@ Animesh------ya very true.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago
I have made it a rule that I will not delete comment unless they are obscene, communal or insulting some blogger in particular. This has not happened and therefore I do have few against my view comment still there on my blog...
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Smile thats a good policy Farida.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats the way Fareeda jee, in fact, I only delete spams. Fortunately I have not got any comment till now which can be categorised in any one of the above categories (mentioned by you), but if I get any, I'll still not delete them but reply back.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

As many of my readers could be underage, I need to keep the obscene comments off. I had two posted by unknown women promoting something I cannot post here either ;). Other than that even I do not get many comments in the category above. 

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I've deleted tw comments till now from the few that I have received on my blog.

The first was about the commenters preference of what size a woman's twin parts should be.

The second compared my website to beggar's vomit.  No, not kidding.  The commenter actually said that I had a terrible website and the colors were worse than beggars vomit. He left his name and email of course.  I contacted him for some REAL feedback and also informed him that beggar's vomit probably looks the same as anybody else's only to find out that the email address belonged to some American girl's. She was so apologetic that I didn't even tell her that it was probably just a random guy who had typed a random email address.

I don't really feel any remorse at deleting those two comments. I even go back and read the american girl's apology email if I feel like a laugh.

I also occasionally delete double comments because first time visitors don't read that their 'comment is held for moderation' and end up repeating the comment a second time right away. I don't really consider this deleting a comment.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

These are spam bots. I get them a lot and luckily I have ekismet which does the job for me. I will soon post some awesome comments here so that all of you can enjoy :)

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Oh, I use akismet too.  I'm not talking about spam.  It's easy to tell the difference because spam will always be accompanid by praise and a link. eg:

"You have a great site. How do you prevent plagiarism when you have so many great posts.Http://somerandomwebsite"

The above is quite hilarious because the first time Akismet missed catching it was when I had 2 posts on my site.

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@rumba ho -comments mentioned by u deserve to b thrown back on their face or deleted---depending upon the reciever's nature.

@animesh- yes ,i m waiting eagerly for those comments.

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I have deleted loads of comments (More than 100), when I had reviewed Ra.One(had got tickets for the premier) & predicted the fate of Ra.One. People are just abusive, they really don't read the comeplete article and just blabber whatever they feel about. But I had the last laugh!!

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@ RAO WORDS----now,now ,cool it man,everybody is not abusive.

Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Indu - I am cool and was happy that day!! my blog got the most hits on that day!! It would take next two months to match that one days hits!

Constructive approach is necessary. I never received any Supe negatives till date, but one, for my spiritualist v/s antispirituslist post. A Christian reader contradicted my views vehemently. I didn't delete it, but put forth, further evidence. She hasn't replied back yet. But....., My comment was deleted by a blogger, which I see as my badluck, wasn't able to drive my point well, I suppose. But that's it.
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

pramodjee even i have had 2 comments deleted although there was only mild disagreement nothing abusive at all...however it is also possible that i forgot to publish those comments bcoz nothing in them deserved elimination...i always give the benefit of doubt....u did well to clarify your POV....even i would have done the same

mine got published, then it was deleted, so no benefit of doubt there. 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I've never deleted a single comment on my blog till nowSurprised. Maybe its because, everyone who comments, does it nicely without spamming itLaughing. I love my Readers KissEmbarassed

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

pooja even i have been v. lucky in this respect..all my readers are a class apart...love them!

Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Pooja, That's nice. Hope your luck continues!! Cool

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Indi

Lucky usLaughing

@RaoWords

Yep! Hope soLaughing

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

oh, I am not suggesting everyone were abusive. But many people can't digest the truth, especially fans of movie stars.

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

actually i m not interested in movies so  i cant say anything about this...but yes some people do not have much tolerance.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Irrelevant comments disturb the reader! I used to allow all comments and even used to discuss a lot. But afterall, it's only disturbing the space. When readers come to read something important, unnecessary and absurd comments disturbs them. I got such reaction too. 

Also on political issues, people comment just by emotions without presenting proper facts which again disturbs the blog! 

Differing view can be accpeted  when it is presented properly and have facts especially when people are trying to contradict the author, they should be enough responsible. 

if a blogger turns pro politician, and demands from all readers to also be affirmative of his/her hardliner stand, is a way of thinking. this I see as corrupted intellect. and hardliners think of others, as their intellect gone for a ride. religion has been exploited by nations and politicians for their cause. it's high time each and every individual rose, and put relegion in a sealed box and said he was human first and each other is my brethren. 

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@mohini---- interesting viewpoint there mohini .

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

Relax Indu... Why don't you write a article about this agony on your blog?... I think it's not a bad idea...

Otherwise just, Let It Be Wink

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

OK,good advice...now i have postponed the decision to commit suicideCry...happy?

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

hmmm happy to save a soul from such an obnoxious crime... cheers Laughing

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

Is the discussion over?  I always get nice comments Laughing but recently one blogger deleted my comment after I appreciated certain points he made on his post Surprised.  btw Indu ur readers r indeed class apart Laughing

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Smile How can the discussion be over sans a touch of humor?..now deleting such comments as mentioned by you is certainly a new trend--very puzzling indeed....i know many readers just skip through a post without grasping the meaning,but not reading a comment properly?...perhaps if one got hundreds of comments this may have to be done..but poor me...does not even touch a 100....i am thinking of roping in my kith & kin...what do you say?

Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

of course u can do that.  and don't worry about comments, u sud see the declining trend on my blog.  soon i ll have no other option but to say - i write for self satisfaction.  on a serious note, yes, even i have seen how ppl frantically comment on all the blogs.  and it's virtually impossible for the blogger to figure out which one is a genuine comment.  either he or she has to give everyone benefit of doubt or delete all the comments Laughing

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Laughing haha you truly are a laughing gas....i often wonder how people take out the time to read so much & comment so much !

Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

Laughing didn't see ur msg here.  see, even i visit many blogs and if i like the content i leave a comment, not always intended for a return visit.  although there is  nothing right or wrong about how u get ur visitors.  leaving a comment for a return visit is fine as long as that person reads with sincereity.  but i guess that's an entirely different topic right?  so if someone deleted ur comment intentionally and u didn't like it then u can always ignore that person.  there may be reasons why that person did that but we cannot get into the psyche of each and every person.  ignore and chill, that's what i do Laughing

Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

and how about editing comment replies Indu Laughing.   hahahaha that was just hilarious.  well done.

s.kalyanasundar
s.kalyanasundar
from Bangalore
12 years ago

If the comments are relevant to the post and not abusive or offensive, the comments should be published ,even if it opposes the blogger's point of view.Publishing or rejecting a comment depends on the mindset of the blogger.The blogger should not be intolerant to divergent views and should be receptiveto varied interpretations.

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

s.k.-This is precisely how i see it ,you have said it very well.Laughing

@Indu: I will not delete comments which opposes my view abd i have deleted a comment only once.I apologised to him in person.But Indu, why do you bring such topics to forum? what's the use of it? every blogger has his right to  delete or approve the comment. he holds the right of it.Who are we to question them ?If someone deleted your comment, kindly ask them why or totally ignore them.,Why bring to forum and develop a hatred environment? i would request you to blast them at your blog.-- People who have commented in this forum. do you think all of them are a wise one... i know few black sheep here :D 

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

I thought we can write about whatever we want clarified...there is no question of hatred my dear, it is just an exchange of views...nobody has hurt me so much that i should feel the need to blast ..it is O.K...don't take it so hard....enjoy blogging...if i have hurt you then i am v.v.sorry.

LockSign in to reply to this thread