China- eating up India?

Aditi Verma
Aditi Verma
from New Delhi
14 years ago

While I am sure all of you know that China has occupied a part of India in Kashmir, I wonder if anyone has noticed the travesty of a political map shown in the latest LG advertisement.

The ad that says something along the lines of 'Bharat ek Jaadu ki nagri hai' (India is a magical land)... they first show India's political map lit up by many lamps, or lights, or whatever... and I noticed that though they show POK as a part of India, they don't show COK at all...

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending

China needs to be watched. It has its eyes set on Arunachal as well. Recently there was a scandal when China refused to grant a visa to an Indian IFS officer from Arunachal, saying that Chinese citizens don't need a visa to visit China!

China is also supplying arms to Taliban and if they take over Pakistan, we will have serious trouble on our western border.

K.Ramesh
K.Ramesh
from Bangalore, India
14 years ago

I am an Indian living in China and frankly China doesn't care one bit about India. They are so far ahead economically, that they don't consider India worthy of attention. Its a humbling experience to see how far ahead they have gone in so many areas.

They'll make noises on border issues, but they really aren't bothered enough to do anything about it.

Aditi Verma
Aditi Verma
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Haha, yes- I agree to both your posts!

My primary concern was to point the ad out to everyone.

I visited Shanghai and Beijing last year. I agree with Ramesh that at least these two cities of China are light years ahead of our Mumbais and Delhis.

However, I don't know what the situation is in the inner regions of China. We travelled by train from Shanghai to Beijing and back. From what I could see through the train window of the interiors of China, I couldn't notice the kind of abject poverty that one can see during a similar train journey in India.

We were in China with a troup of our children (three families, six kids, ranging in age from 3 years to 15 years) and everywhere the Chinese would look at the children with amazement. Some even got themselves photographed with them! The one-child norm that has been stringently enforced in China has evidently left deep pschological scars in many Chinese.

The Chinese have invested a lot in their people and their human resources indicies such as life expectancy, child mortality, literacy rate, etc., are way ahead of us.

We have a lot to learn from the Chinese even though they have been mostly hostile to us since our Independence and have cultivated the friendship of our neighbouring nations such as Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal and have instigated them to cause trouble for us.

LockSign in to reply to this thread