In search of content!

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It has been 2 months now after I started my new blog. But in these 2 months I have just posted 3-4 articles. :(

The thing is, I'm getting no idea on what should I post! I want some content on which I can execute by words. And I'm 16 years old so a bit slow in capturing new ideas. I want someone to guide me on how to regularly blog; and also need some friends who can interact with me on my blog (here I mean TRAFFIC :P).

Any experienced blogger can help me out please?

My blog : A Thousand Miles

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Added blog link
Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

There are so many things to write on Ankit. Take IB CONTESTS for example.. The topics are good and you can try them outWink.

There are also other contests out there which you can give a try for.

There are other blogs, like Blog-A-Ton and Haiku Heights... And many more...

Just write about what you feel. Current issues or things going on at your school... You can check my blog if you want. Its a personal blog as well. I write whatever I feel like writing...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a very good suggestion. Even my blog posts for the past two months are entries for one of teh other contest (But at times,(and most of the times) I write something completely different from  the topic of the contest but still submit them. After all, it is my blog and all that the contest organisers need is a big number before the number of entries) 

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ummm thanks... your reply has inspired me a lot. I will surely try what you said. Anyways, can you please provide me the links to Blog-A-Ton and Haiku Heights! :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You are welcomeSmile. And Inspired?SurprisedPleaseTongue out.

We are not supposed to give LINKS on the forumCry. Just Google both of themLaughing. The first result itself will be the direct linkSmile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You can give links Antara. Self-promotion is not allowed and giving links here is certainly not sef-promotion

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I'm POOJA aniTongue out

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

LMAO! LMAO!

EVEN You can write this as a post//// like i am trying to post a post but i cant...

open your eyes, observe things and describe them from your view !

No books can teach you but experience and reading as many as blogs can help you !

good luck :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Perfect

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

nobody is born empty in the head. even a new born child has a lot of stuff in its head, you are 16 < has nothing to do with it. explore your own thoughts.. last but not the least GOOGLE!

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

tysm friends... :) :D

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello dear stay put you will get plenty of ideas.  In cricket you can dicuss or blog so many aspects of the game, player, and opposition etc.  In movies there are at least 2 movies releasing per week, just go for it and write review, like you have done it for phone booth, further you can write about your personal trips and experience in college etc.

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

nice idea.. umesh ji... n tysm for reading my blog.. :) from all the ideas mentioned above i hav got a push in writing content.. :D after so many days I added an entry today... it gives a nice feeling.. :P

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Now that you have taken up the 10 day challenge by Pooja, there will be no dearth of content and inspiration for the next ten days. Keep taking up similar challenges and in the due course of time, you will continue to blog even if no such contests/challenges are spotted by you.

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, I'm actually enjoyin it! :D Eventually the two comments on my blog made me happy too! :) :P

my site reached the 80's due to this contest i took up

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ohh ... cool! maybe I can reach atleast 70 .. :D :D

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

GodTongue out

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

i made it to 5th dude Wink

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I didn't get you @Anunoy Samanta! :O

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

arey simple yaar... i made the 5th comment there in your post... lol

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ohh yes... i thought you meant that.. :P thanks n I replied too, with THE PIC.. :P

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

i just checked out your blog. i like the tidy look and arrangement; it is very easy to navigate :) so Kudos over that. your photography is great too :)since you are looking for posts to make for your blog, why not start with your photography itself. you can make posts with 4-5 pictures and a short description about them- in that way you can interest your reader with information and treat them with good captures too.

if you want you can take up the lyrics iof a song or a poem and associate it with your photographs- you know, relate each line or phrase with some good shot you have taken or stumbled on from any other website.

and ofcourse you have so many trending topics and competitions on Indi- that would be a good food for thought :)

and a tiny suggestion- while going through your blog, i jumped at the label 'poetry' and the first impression i had was that YOU had written it :P so the label was a bit disconcerting :P you could have detailed that post with how that poem had inspired you and what you learnt or something like that. 

i see you have already started on book reviews, movie reviews, cricket, Pooja's 10-day challenge etc so i am not suggesting them again :P

if you have a good eyes for nature and photography, browse the photography websites on the internet. i am sure you wont fall short of inspiration. there would always be something that would draw you to write :)

the best things to get inspired from are your day-to-day happenings. i mean, it all about what you observe and what you feel. age is NOT a matter for blogging; i am 16 too :P if you dont get inspired to write anything creative, just rant. rant about some guy who doomed you or some girl who broke your heart and Bingo! you have a post. In my intial blogging days, ranting was all i used to do :P still do sometimes :P believe me-its fun :P and most stories spring out from such stuff too. just let your imagination go wild, you find HUNDREDS of stuff to write on :)

and then, as Deepak said, the best way to learn is by reading other's blogs. and there are so MANY wonderful writers in this forum, it would inspire you to no limits :)

if you are into poetry, then there are many blogs and forums that give you muse to write on like Jingle, Promising Poets parking lot and then Leo's Haiku heights. you can learn new forms of poetry, try your hand at it, read other's interpretation of the same muse and have fun!

phew, that was too long!! good luck with blogging :)

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, that was too long! But it was full of usefull content. Actually while reading, I was thinking as to what would I reply to her. You have taken pains in writing the tips and ofcourse browsing my blogs. So tysm! I've already noted down all your tips. And thanks for appreciating my Photography. Would love to stay in contact with you. :)

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So, here's my second challenge : 9 Loves. @Kirti : Please join it! It's fun... :D :P

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Keep writing your thoughts....you will get more ideas.

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ohhk... as you say... I'm generating thoughts, now-a-days.. :P

If you are interested in photography you could post your pics and write articles based on your pics.

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

that's the IDEA which most of the bloggers' here have suggested me! :D I think I could well start with it! :)

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Kool, go ahead Smile

All the best

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Laughing

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hey Ankit,

Good to see you blogging,buddy first make up your mind for the topic but as you already written not getting topics so you can separate your topics like

1 ) A blog about your daily experiences like http://ankitsadda.blogspot.in/

2 ) A blog on your hobbies like music,games,movies whatever they are as I dont know

As your hobby would be your area of interest you wont ever be short of words or topics for your blog.Never give up and keep trying for a better blog your blog has an alexa rank I remember my first blog dint have any alexa rank for months,when I started blogging long time back

Just make sure dont mixup everything in your single blog if you are concern about traffic or subscribers/followers.If it would be a niche blog people would like to subscribe to it so that they can get your next update .Else they will just read and move on once they discover you are posting about everything ina single blog.

Best of luck for blogging

Regards

Neeraj

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey, thanks Neeraj for your ideas! It will really help me further ! :D :)

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Anytime buddy

Ankit
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Laughing

Ankit
Ankit
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hello people! I would really like to appreciate you'll for spending your time on this thread and helping me out in my blogging issues. Coz of your advices and tips I'm now able to blog regularly and frequently! Thanks again.. :D :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread