Imagine living for 500 years or more Debate

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Scientists have identified method to replenish the dying cells or enhancing life more than 5 times current life span.  Under such circumstances what will be the scenario ?  Debate guys

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending

LOL :D then i can see Raja and Kalmadi getting bail again and again

and Kasab demanding Human Biryani :D

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

haha!!We can but I am pretty sure some part of human essence might be sacrificed to get that. Let's face it, we only cherish that is sensitive, important and with limited lifespan. 500 years is a very large lifespan to achieve a lot of things. One might end up taking life and human essence that defines us as....humans.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great and showering of flowers on Kalmadi!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

There will be no space in jail, only selected few will be jailed rest will be on perpetual bail Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Scientist have to discover tablets instead of sumptuous food for people to survive Smile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Or jail will be normal way of life and criminals will be kicked out of the jail Undecided

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Then i think only Kasab will have the power to reduce earth population.Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

If it will become true, it will cause more and more emotional problems (first thing came in my mind) and everybody will get so bored (may be, not sure), if people don't stay healthy...then?

All the countries will invent more and more dangourous weapons! so many things......can't imagine further. :)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe that war mongering may come down instead people will seek financial stability to last so long.   It will set off another series of dubious means of earning

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Emotion is already a forbidden thing

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't know if it is worth it. Its all relative. Most people are not making good use of the 100 years. What will they do with 500 years. People seek time pass. Even if 100 years, you need special initiatives to make life pass, what will one do with 500 years.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe one has to discover way to switch on and off Smile  

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

TF, absolutely true. People want to live a long life just to wake up, eat, go to toilet, earn, watch movies and sleep.

Most  (more than 99%) don't know why they want to live so long. No targets!!!! Just to do what I describe above? Don't they get bored?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Errrr.... what is that Umesh?

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hibernation and Active Life, maybe one should go on sleep mode for 5 years and wake up for another 5 years that is the concept

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Those will be robots then, not humans

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That would be better. Robots have no feelings and can't fight the way humans do it for silly things. Smile

When can one retire
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Retirement would depend on one's employers discretion after 75 years of age i suppose

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Never expected that one would ask about the age at which one can retire. It actually depends on how much wealth you have accumulated and how many more years you still wish to line. Isn't it true? Cool

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mentally retire to sathiyate sathiyate ho hi jayengeWink

Apki bhi umar ho hi rahee hai abTongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If I am given a chance, I would start my journey to heavenCool right now. So, there isn't any question of me willing to live for 500 years. Surprised

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Will you prefer some space ship or make stairs to the heaven?Tongue out

Ya phir lift????

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ranjith the stairway to heaven is a long journey Smile  

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

better take escalators

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Escalators, stairs or lift - Whatever be the path taken, the destination is what finally matters! Cool 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

But I prefer to move on an escalator. Walking on the stairs would be tiresome, taking the lift would give me  a sensation of different parts of my body ready to get separated and fly in different directions.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

But I heard that heaven is given only holy spirits. Are you sure you're eligible?Tongue out

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

In India escalators have been known to kill.

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Such a long timeSurprised. I don't want itTongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Neither do me

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It is like 7 janam ? i mean 7 lives according to myth

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I thought guys would think of enjoying all good things in life Smile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sir, Osho maharaj ne bola tha ki good things bhi adhik enjoy karoge to usase ghrina ho jayegiCool

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I hope Osho magic will return in future....have you been to his ashram Ani Smile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No, coz his followers are not worth visiting. They just took out only comfirtable part of his teachings.

He was a great man followed by less than ordinary people. I am big follower and fan

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Happiness is better when it is for a short time Umesh jhiLaughing. I want to experience EVERYTHING in life in the amount of time that I have been givenWink

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I hope we have a re incarnation of Osho ANISmile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hope so. Glad that you also are a fan of him. And it must be because you understand the ACTUAL meaning of what he said.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Osho mastered the art of delivering kamasutra with wise cracks according to me.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I will then be able to travel so much more! wow.. Wow.. WOW! Cool

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And everywhere you'll find so much crowd

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Aur ye wow wow Saif Ali khan wala tha kya?Tongue out

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Imagine a situation all forms of fuel gets exhausted, back to cycle and bullock carts, it would make life more healthy i suppose.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And what if we are left with no animals for that also? Bus number 11?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Won't animals too have the opportunity to live for 100*5 years?

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Rahul Gandhi will 250 years and be termed as Youth Icon!!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Rahul G needs time to mature......i hope he learns the trick of trade in a span of two years before the next Lok Sabha election

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

he will not be mature even in 1000 years.

Dynasty does not teach maturity, at most it can get you chair

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Rahul G did a damm good job in UP, he toured the length and breadth of the state and lost 5 kilos in the bargain

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Agree agree. At least he saved few thousand bucks which he otherwise would have spent in Gym. 

All money he spent on petrol and all anyway did not go from his pocket

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a good joke and a good trick to loose weight!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Will nuclear families pave way to gaint (and not joint) families due to lack opf space on Earth or will man conquer the nearby planets? 

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

We might live to see freedom from legalized force and violence. Or perhaps not. After all, the tyrants (hello Mamata) who are living now will also be alive 500 years from now.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

F***!! I can imagine myself being the Family Patriach for around 150 great great great great grand children!! yeahhhoooo!! what da heck life will look like!

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

How will we tolerate our politicians AND corruption for 500 years ?Yell

People living 500+ years? Sure, population explosion is not a problem now, why would it be then? *end of sarcasm* Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread