Happy Holi To All IndiBloggers

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hello Friends I wish Happy Holi To All fellow bloggers.I have seen bloggers here from all part of India mostly from South India.I am familiar with the Holi in the Northern India but dont have any idea about the rest of India.

So  how do you guys celebrate Holi?Now for the people who must be thinking that Holi = playing with colors + water balloons let me tell you I have seen different kinda Holis like beating with a thin stick etc apart from just colors,water balloons,eggs and tomatoes.If you dont mind writing much you can also tell when do you wake up on the holi day and till what time you play holi.

Long time back I used to wake around 6 am and used to start preparing water balloons.As soon as the clock used to ring 8 in the morning thats it my Holi used to start like this few years back till the 2 or 3 pm.As if now it has been quite a long time I quit playing Holi and love to sit around inside the house.Today`s plan is working on the computer whole night and then sleep around 5 in the morning so tomarrow I would be sleeping in the holi time and once I shall wake up Holi 2012 is gone.

Your turn plz.... :)

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Animesh

Good to know that in the morning with wet colors and in the evening with Gulaal.I know about here in Delhi that youngsters play with Gulaal and mostly elders love to play with Gulaal

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Happy Holi Neeraj.

Even we used to wake as kids and fill balloons with water, prepare colour and run out at 8. Now the novelty has sort of worn off. My friends don't come out to play and the new people who step out are not sporty.

So I prefer to watch from the confines of my home. :)

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Happy Holi buddy ,yup well said

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Happy Holi to all Indies

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Please don t waste water 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I've never played Holi in my lifeCryCry. But I guess its the same way everywhereSurprised.

Happy Holi to everyoneCool

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No. Its not same everywhere.

I have seen Holi in Bihar, UP, MP, Orissa and Maharashtra and there is a change in the flavour Wink

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I forgot to mention NCR Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmmm!! I have no idea how it is played hereTongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Just read my reply above, you'll know how we play at Bihar

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

In burma border they used to play holi with only water no colours Smile

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

No its not same though basics may be same like water and colors but there are other complementary things that vary.

Do people play Holi in Bangalore?Yesterday I called a friend who moved to Chennai last year to know how he gonna celebrate the fest and he said that no Holi in Chennai :o

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Happy Holi to all .. I have office today Cry

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Happy Holi......:)

LockSign in to reply to this thread