Your Blog Launch

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Let us all recollect the preparations that we have made and the manner in which our blogs have been launched. Recollect those pleasant memories and share them with us so that we all can draw inspiration from them and make our blogs look and feel better with every passing day. To help you, here are  a few questions which you may consider answering:

1. Date and Time at which it was launched

2. The manner in which it was launched: Changing blog status from private to public or by simply posting a HI to the world or in some other way

3. The poople present around you at that time

4. The future of your blog that you had in your mind at that very moment

5. The number of posts you have were ready with so that you won't be facing a deficiency within months of launching your blog

( More questions will  be added as suggested by the members here and by taking clues from your replies)

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good way to recollect our blogging history.  I believe it was spontaneous decision to be a blogger and i liked to share my travel and marketing experience which was the motivation factor.  Initially i was perturbed or apprehensive that whatever i publish might be pirated or copied, I kept it underwraps without much promotion.  After joining many forums incl Indi, i decided to open up to the public.

1.  September 2007  2.  Low Key  3  Colleagues  4 Nothing specific  5. Not many reserves.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Short and sweet answers! Wink Going by the date mentioned, you are a very OLD blogger Tongue out with great experience...

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

NiceLaughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Let me give the first reply. Smile My blog was launched on 18th of October (I had to look at my blogger account to find this date)  between 8:50 and 9:00 am in the morning. I had been preparing for the launch since many days. By launch I do not mean any celebrations but just putting everything in place and choosing good colours and font for my blog posts and so on. believe ir or not, I have worked on these things for more than a month! I asked one of my friends to wish me (He doesn't know the reason as to why he was wishing Wink ) and then changed the visibility of my blog from private to puiblic and then posted two blog entries which were prepared beforehand. At that time, I had no idea that blog posts can be saved and then published later on. I had copied everything from a word document and then hit the publish button. I was already ready with a few more posts that I should be posting and had also prepared a time table which I never followed. The only day when I would be getting free time in those days was the weekend at night time and that was the only day when I would be posting. I had a lot of dreams about my blog. I myself have forgotten what those were. I only faintly remeber that most of them were related to the number of blog followers. I have also gone for a movie on that day. It was just a coincidence and wasn't a preplanned celebration or something of that sort.

Now, its time to share your stories! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Let me give the first reply.

I didn't expect it to become the second one.... Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ranjith i am unable to spot the date and timing feature on my blog.  Remember fastest finger first Lolz

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ umeshThere is as such no such feature. The date I mentioned was the date on which my first blog post was published which can be accessed on your blogger account.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Posting > Edit Posts

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
12 years ago

I started in June 2005. With a lot of reluctance, addicted since then :D The only thing I was sure of was about starting a travel blog.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Nice jhiLaughing.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Reluctance to continue blogging or reluctance to get addicted? Innocent

Everyone here seem to be gray haired Laughing

Mridula
from NCR
12 years ago

Thanks Pooja. Ranjith started with reluctance but then got addicted :D

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Let me tell you that you have been doing wonderful things since 2005. I loved your blog and am ashamed how I missed it till date. 

Mridula
from NCR
12 years ago

Purnendu thank you :D

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Mridula A Beautiful space you have there, I am getting addicted to your blog too Smile

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

WaahCool. This is an awesome ideaWinkLaughing. Would be nice to remember those Old/Gold days right?Cool

1. March 6th 2011Cool.

2. By a LOVE post to my little NieceLaughing.

3. Net Friends/Bloggers - Kamal, Hiral, Rahul and Mayank.

4. I didn't even know that I would keep BLOGGING for a yearSurprised. I thought that would be my first and last postTongue out.

5. Read the above answerTongue out.

Mridula
from NCR
12 years ago

Keep blogging.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank you. Wink Blogging is an addiction even greater than FB. Once our opinions are voiced, we can't step back and  stay silent. We need the world to bear us and the world too needs us to allow the pain killing balms to make a profit. Surprised

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Mridula jhi

Will do so jhiSmileThanksLaughing

@Ranjith

Couldn't agree with you moreWink. Thats for 2 reasonsTongue out. One I LOVE BLOGGINGLaughingSecond I hate FBTongue out.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Glad to see atleast some people who hate facebook Wink

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Cool

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

wow. this is a nice thread! 

so sharing my experience:

1 &2. 'launch' seems a very grand way of putting how i actually started my blog :P it actually started with me posting a 4-liner in my FB status

"My eyes hold dark pools of nostalgia,sneak into them and see the images;but be careful not to disturb them,for tarnished memories wipe away the lovely faces"

and my cousin saw it and was like- i never knew you wrote poetry! and adviced me to open a blog. i didnt even know properly what a blog was then; yet i opened it on November 16th, 2010 at 1:30 and the first post was this poem itself which i had extended to 5 paragraphs.

i dilly-dallied in opening it the next week but i already had 7 followers and 4 comments. it felt super nice :)

after that the journey started with me just posting random poems and exactly when blogging became a part of my life, an ESSENTIAL part of my life... i didnt know :)

3. My cousin, Anil, who got me started(he is a mathematician but somehow writes beautiful poetry). A friend Mohit who lives in Mumbai who is a brilliant poet himself. I just love the way he writes. he is very honest with his words :) adly he has stopped blogging, or rather became very irregular. seems like i have to kick him soon :P

also, my maternal grandfather who is a writer himself though all his stories are in Telugu :) he is a great inspiration to me...

4. honestly, i had nothing in my mind at thhat time. blogging was simply like haveing a place where i can keep a record of my poems.i had NO idea it would bring me this far...

5. Ahh... i am so NOT a professional blogger. so my blog posts used to be very erratic, depending on my mood. i am a more ardent blogger now :)

thankyou for the thread Ranjith Ji. i had a nice time :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

:)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

CoolCoolCool

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

hey buddy you made a nice thread (everyone other than spammers puts an effort to make their thread nice anyway Wink)... so here i'm answrering your well-set question sheet:

1. Date and Time at which it was launched: I've got two- first one for writing/photography and the second one I opened for scribbling my travel logs/photographs. First one I had launched on Saturday, August 11, 2007! Innocent

2. The manner in which it was launched: by posting 4 of my poems in that same day Laughing

3. The poople present around you at that time: I had a net friend who was the sole inspiration.....Smile

4. The future of your blog that you had in your mind at that very moment: will be very famous someday as the blog of some well known writer LaughingTongue outLaughing... i was under high dose of antidepressant then... did it overact on my neurons Surprised

5. The number of posts you have were ready with so that you won't be facing a deficiency within months of launching your blog: atleast 60... sadly my crashed hard disk left me on the road... i was too broken having lost so many poems, along with a longggg story (may be a mini novel) which was 95% finished... you must be thinking how full i was not to keep backup... yes you're right.... [sigh...]... anyway life goes on...Smile

Aah, anunoy da, sad to hear of loss, bad luck, but life goes on
I started my first blog on 15/3/2010, I had google searched some query and was taken to a blogspot blog. There I saw an option create a blog. Enthusiatically searched and plunged in. When I created , maunvsion, my first post was a welcome post. There was no friend or reader for me. Just my desire to put up religious views. Seeing no joiners, a doctor friend of mine, he didn't even have email I'd , I had created his account, I knew his password. I joined him. Then getting new ideas in mind, I created 4 blogspot blogs. I could oncentrate only on one my musings. Since I joined indiblogger, friend list grew and I give full credit to friends here for guidance from time to time. I
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

So, was your first followe the doctor? Surprised I wish that you never in the future write about apples on your blog.... 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

1. 21 April 2008 - Don't remember if it was morning or evening

2. I thought a lot about title for blog and my blogger psuedonym. Then started with an explanation of the name. Then to go with that, I found 2 articles from the internet - one an essay by Bertrand Russell and another a poem by Henry Davies extolling idleness/leisure keeping with my blog concept and re posted them 

3. I was alone. Started telling folks through gmail. 2 of my school friends were first followers. Then somebody on a site pagalguy where I regularly give MBA advice told me to put blog link on signature. That was a golden advice. To date pagalguy has been my biggest traffic and follower source.

4. I wanted to become a popular political strategist and commentator on the internet

5. Nothing. Had no clue what I was going to do with the blog. First 2-3 months I had to rake my mind to find ideas. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

On the second day of starting my blog, I had been to the local library by auto. The auto driver cheated me. I was fuming with rage. This situation served as content for my first ever original content.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The day i published my first post was a weekend. I had got my dad and brother to proof read the post before hitting the publish button. Dint have any more posts in hand but got down to it soon after publishing. And about the future, was too busy enjoying THAT moment to think anything further, i guess :) Nice thread Ranjith, soaked me in nostalgia :)
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

After that first day, we were all busy ENJOYING in reading your postsCoolLaughing. You are awesome deediWink.

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Had you imagined then that you will become a star blogger soon? :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Poo Smile

@Purnendu: No, no Purnendu.. I am no star blogger... You are just being too kind,  it's the love and blessings that you people shower on me... And I am so happy to have it... Thank you Smile

Nisha
from Mumbai
11 years ago

And now you have many, many readers to your blog. :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

I am a relative newbie to blogging / travel blogging and photography. So this is how it started.

1. April, 2010: Great Lakes: After 4 years of work, Great Lakes happened to me. 300 young, vibrant and energetic people around me 24x7 and some of them were great photographers. Gladiators (as our batch was named)  were great company and made wonderful models for photos. 
  2. June, 2010: Camera: Though I had decided to learn how to take photographs, there was a big hurdle - I had no Camera! And I had never handled one. So with my zero knowledge about Digital Cameras, one night I asked one of those photographers what camera should I buy. He asked if I knew photography, and I lied sayin yes had a good experience Tongue out. So he wrote a name in a chit and told me to buy that one whenever I went to Chennai. Well thats how I ended up with a D3000, without an idea on how to use it Undecided
  3. June 2010-Nov 2010: Photography: Now since I had a camera, had to learn it anyway. So started with the user manual, read it like Ramayana and then would go and bug the photographers. The Photography Club of my college did help a lot to us newbies by conducting late nite training sessions. By Nov 2010, I started shooting in manual.
  4. Nov 2010: Blog: Finally in Nov 2010, I decided to take part in a photography competition of some B School. Its prerequisitive was that I should have a Flickr account or a Photoblog. Now Flickr I never understood in those days, so thought of creating a blog. Since the theme of the competition was Shadows in black and white, named it Shadows Galore Laughing. However, the blog remained unused after that competition for alomost 7 months. 
  5. July 2011: Shadows Galore 1.0: College over. Was in my new job and on bench. So all I would do all day was to browse the internet. One day i came across a blog called "Me and Frenchie". It was the travelogue of a French couple all over the world. It got me hooked so much that I started thinking that being no less than myself, I should also write something about my trips and become a Marcopolo ASAP. Shadows Galore was taken out from mothballed trunks, dusted and put on web again that night. This was Shadows Galore 2.0
  6. Oct 2011: Shadows Galore 2.0: 3 Months down the line, Shadows Galore has some 25 posts and 9000 visitors! It was overwhelming!But there was a problem. Being blogger, flexibility was very less and I just wasnt able to put a photogallery in the blog with breaking functionalities. So after a lot of deliberation and research, shelled out some $50 and bought a hosting, learned how to use wordpress, took 2 days leave from office and kept working on it endlessly. The end product was what you see now, not as beautiful as that Blogger blog of mine, but much more flexbile. 

Phew! This is my story. I must say, that in these months of blogging, I have met wonderful people and have been so happy. Creating something is so beautiful! I must thank you all for the constant support you have shown. Am grateful ! Smile

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Loads of typos .. sorry :(

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All the passion and hard work you have put in, shows in your photographs. The end product is wonderfully beautiful, you are a prolific photographer and your photos speak to a reader, Best wishes Puru.. Smile

Nisha
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yes newbie, we are aware of your awesome blog and even more awesome photos. You are being read and appreciated without fail. Laughing

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

It just happened, like love..Smile 

Nice to remember all the memories...but just happened. 

Blogging is just a very small part of goals which I had in life, so just trying to work on every aspect. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Just happened ...would really be apt for a spontaneous poetess and a photographer like you Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Nods at Arti Deedi's WordsSmile

Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hmmm,

Since I was travelling most of the time and the memories/stories/experiences had started getting accumulated, the blog happened. Smile I wanted to pin down everything that was happening but it's always lagging behind. Even today, I travel more, and write less on my blog. The backlog is so much that I can keep writing one post everyday even if I completely stop travelling for two years !

From 'only' memoirs, slowly the blog started recording other aspects of travel from across the globe. Fir to Mai akela hi chala tha janib e manzil ko magar - log sath aate gaye aur karwan banta gaya Laughing

One blog is enough for me. Very dear to me, it has given me many more travel related opportunities and name at international level.

And yes, there were already a few Indian travel bloggers when I took up this job. Smile

Santosh BS
Santosh BS
from Bangalore
11 years ago

As always, I'm late here... keeping up my trend :)

Nice to recollect the journey that started a few years back. Being a traveler, I wanted to put my experiences in some place, help people, make a list... so to recollect those wonderful moments much later (probably when my memory fades and grey hairs replace my entire continent of black) :)

28/5/2008 was when my first blog post came out, I din't know what was blogging, who was a blogger, what to post, where to start... a intelligent dud to start off :)

Forget putting it as private or public, I just hit the publish button and it went live !&*%$*#@!

I was alone then and absolutely had no idea of what would be the impact and what the future holds. I just needed a platform to put in my experiences and share with the world, and help fellow people who would want to go there, do that.

Once I started with a nonsencial post, the flood gates opened... (I was an hardcore traveler and trekker than, so was sure of not sitting idle for the next few months which were already planned up) :) But continuing the trend sometimes got tougher due to time constraints, 'the state of mind', 'time for editing photos' and sometimes lack of content, but all along one thing that always drives me was and is that 'there are few people who are looking up to your blog, waiting and reading your posts and enjoying the content' and you should not make them wait endlessly :)

Shashiprakash Saini
Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago

As i am writing hindi poems from childhood when i was in 5th class

i always maintained my diary lost the 1st dairy which contains poetry of kid(1995-99), still have 2nd one (1999-04)

after that orkut and FB came an i started my poetry community 

at that time my frnds said to me why dont u start a Blog

and my answer was u rarely come to orkut n FB community who will come to my blog

on November 16 @2:25am i wrote a poem 

पिछवाड़े की कटीली तार by getting inspired by frnd's pic

from here story of my blog शशि की कविताये   started 

i took me almost a month to decide should i start blog or not

on December 11 @ 12:53am was the time when my blog was online with the 1st post 

पिछवाड़े की कटीली तार

at that time only some frnds of mine was followers  

and i dint get much traffic untill i joined Indiblogger in Jan 2012

never was in deficiency stock is always full still some poems rest in my dairy

my poetry  is simple so as the same of my blog is  शशि की कविताये

Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago

on Dec 11, 2010 started my blog 

Thoughts Unrestricted
Thoughts Unrestricted
from Pune
11 years ago

I launched my blog on 16th August 2010 at 10.16 pm and I have never looked back since then. I started blogging just because I love to write. I had and still have no agenda for my blog. I will continue to write and post photographs I click for as long as it makes me happy. I dont like to plan ahead and wrie just so I blog as often as possible. Rather I keep it simple and blog when I think of something substantial. And all this makes blogging the most fun for me!

I love to see the orange notifications on my wordpress page :)

Nothing can make me happier...!

LockSign in to reply to this thread