Re-Visiting A Blog

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

How many of you Re-Visit a blog/blogpost just to know the what "REPLY" has been given by the Writer to your comment?Surprised

How many of you REPLY to the "REPLY" of the writer? Tongue out.

Well, I don't know what all of you do, but I go back to every single BLOGPOST I commented on just to check their replyLaughing. Many a times, I leave a Reply again for their commentTongue out

Many people may visit to check the REPLY but do any of you really REPLY for the second time?Surprised

I have seen only ONE person other than me do it, and that is AnkitSmile.

So, I really want to know how many of you do itLaughing.

Please shareSealed.

Thank youWink.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I visit my blog for the comments and respond to relevant queries.  Sometimes i do visit others blog to check what the reply is ?  Majority of the times people take their own time to reply, now the new feature to configure reply makes it easier, but i don t know how to install

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Configure reply is not a reliable thing as it is automated and does not REALLY take into account what actually has been comment or what commenter actually meant

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm. Thats good to know Umesh jhiCool. I have no idea about the new featureTongue out

This reminds me I haven't visited your blog lately, will surely do so soon.
Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

In fact, I have never visited it. I'll check it out tomorrow.... err today

I always make it a point to reply and reply to the reply if the scope or query demands. But I seldom go back to the site I had commented to see their reply bk
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Oh. Its good that you reply to the RepliesLaughing. Aah, Well never mindWink. But its funTongue out

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i visit so many blogs/websites and comment that i don't even remember where all have i replied on, no offence to bloggers. but if i go on following each blog comment on those blogs, i would probably spend the rest of my life just doing that lol

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

+1 Chaitanya , Very rarely revisit the bLog to check replies ......

Yo, well said
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Well Partner, I visit many blogs tooSurprised, not as much as youTongue out, but yeah ManyWink. I don't know why but I have this EXCITEMENT to know their replyLaughing. I sit here and wait for them to replyCool.

I used to have that excitement in beginning, but was shattered. Then I stopped looking back
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I hope that doesn't happen to meSurprised

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lots on the internet to experience :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Agree

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I used to reply to the comments made on my blog till a few days ago to see the comment count increasing Sealed but have stopped it as I feel that I ma too busy these days Cool I always wished that people leave long comments on my blog with lots of questions so that I get a chance to speak out all the nonsense that I am capable of. Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HahahahaTongue outThats funnySealed

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Now, since the discussion has anyway popped up, do any one of you know any softwares/ ad ons/ extensions which help us keep track of our comments? Do share them if you know any. Pooja might be in need of them. Tongue outSmile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Keep track as in?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out. I don't need themSurprised. I remember every blog I visit and comment onWinkCool.

I don't think there is any such tools btwTongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Just subscribe to comments

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Like Chaitanya i too forget where all i left my comments though i am always very eager to read the replies....sometimes i check up my history of the previous day to follow the replies...i wonder how others do it --i mean those who don't have an elephantine memory!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HahahhaTongue out. I don't have any great memorySurprised but I make sure I visit every one of themTongue out. Indivine keeps tracks of mostWinkCool.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

han pooja is perfect:P

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

No I'm not DD jhiTongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I leave replies only when I like the post or I have something really important to say in favor of or against the post.

When I expect author to reply back to my comment, I actually remember those posts and re-visit them. There are authors who have a habit of not replying to comments of they don't like it and you can know them after few visits. I stop commenting on those blogs.

Deepak Karthik is a blogger who replies to each and every comment and I enjoy commenting and in engaging in discussion with him. Another such blogger is Chintan Gupta.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree with you againWinkLaughing

DEE is an awesome person Cool

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I reply to comment and go back and check 70-80% of posts on which I have commented for.

I earlier had installed disqus installed. That would deliver my replies to people who commented in their mail boxes irrespective of whether they wanted ot not. But I had to remove it as I was doubtful if it would increase blog loading time. Also I found some comments were getting lost.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

That is nice TF JHICool

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Disqus has eaten all my comments on Just like that when I moved to custom domain. I wrote a lot on social issues on this blog and there were some very precious comments there.

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

When I like the post I simply subscribe to comments to get going in the conversation so its always a good idea to install the plugin or option for subscribe to comments.Recently I saw a blog via indiblogger where I commented the owner to install the plugin so that I can reply to comments as I wanted to subscribe there

If no plugin is installed its impossible for me to go back on every blog I commented on to check for the reply as I visit so many blogs if I am free to read stuff and not for commenting lolz

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Agree with you againSealed. But I don't visit many blogsCry, So I keep track of the blogs I visitTongue out.

BTW It is really sweet that you do soWink

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I used to comment - re -visit, reply - re - reply everything....! 

Nowadays, least active. :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Wow Mohi DiiSurprised. Thats like super coolCool.

Aah, well times changeUndecided. But it doesnt matterWink. Getting one comment from you will make anyone happyLaughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread