Should there be a new category for Facts ?

Akshay Aroor
Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Friends,

I am a budding blogger and have a website by name Factshunter which has a collection of facts. But now that I am in indiblogger too, I am finding it hard to categorize my posts, as there is no category for facts(as far as I know). Please let me know what you guys think about this.

Cheers

Akshay Aroor

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Why don't you categorise your blog under HOBBIES and PERSONAL.

Usually, not everyone writes about FACTS. Even if they do it will be mixed in their blog which would be of many different categories. Thats the reason why there is no Category for Facts, I guessSmile.

Wait for the Moderators reply thoughLaughing. I'm sure they'll be able to look into itWink.

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Pooja,

As you say, facts may span across different categories like medical, entertainment, sports etc. But while putting it on indivine, I just felt that a category named facts would have made sense for blogs dedicated to facts, bloggers like that may be rare as you said. Anyways, since I am new to Indiblogger just thought that I could use some leads, thanks a lot for your response. Have a great day ahead :-)

Cheers

Akshay Aroor

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

That does make senseLaughing. Wait until the Moderators arrive okSmile

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Smile I just voiced my opinion, the moderators will have the final say.

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Pooja, thanks,i am glad that you liked my post. I hope to improve over the days as I grow up in this blog world :) I will not be online frequently so replying to u here

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

There is demand for lot of new categories. I think you'll find a thread regards the same. I think it is not something that'll happen very soon, but it is in the pipeline. I suggest that for now, you can put under personal. A category for facts might be useful, but I agree with Pooja on this. Perhaps you can even put it under what category the fact falls. Because even if a new category of that stature is formed, with less amount of bloggers who'll use that category, there is a lesser chance of perusal. My two cents, thats all :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

SmileSmile

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Leo,

I will have to agree with you guys Smile putting facts into its related categories is not a bad idea till a new category for facts is created sometime in the future 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Akshay log in at Business and post it under ethics and responsibility which is the closest to facts, i believe too many category creation may not be technically possible.

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yes Umesh, a ot of categories may lead to confusion and may be hard to navigate and categorize your posts under

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

There was one more similar request for facts ctaegory inclusion a few months back, If my memory serves me right. Apart from what is being suggested above, you can consider filing it under the GK section. :)

Also, voice your opinion/suggestion in this thread here --

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=10759

Happy Blogging Akshay! Smile

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Arti,

Loved your Blog, specially the Sringeri Mutt post, because I am from Karnataka Smile Keep your passion for blogging alive.

Cheers

Akshay

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Akshay,

Thanks so much, I loved your blog too. It's very neat and well structured. Your blog actually reminds me of a very dear blogger friend of mine - Geeta Singh. Keep those amazing and intersting facts coming. Best wishes for your blogging journey ahead Smile

Akshay Aroor
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Arti,

Thanks a lot for the kind words, nice to have you as a friend on indiblogger Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Same here! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I meant, I was going to reply what Arti has done :P

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Your blog categories seem to cover everything. I would just suggest: 1) that you combine "Living Beings" with "People"; and 2) if you have an "Animal" category, then you ought to have a "Plant" category as well.

LockSign in to reply to this thread