Blogging Firsts..

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I remember my school friend suggesting that I get into blogging, so my poetry, which he knew to be good, can not be lost. 

It was his blog I read first, and his words that inspired me into blogging.

1. Which blogger did you first read, and do you still read his/her blog? Was it he/she who got you into blogging too?
  2. Which blogger first read your blog, and do they still read your blog?

Smile

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: -
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending

1) My elder brother impressed me and ispired me to write a blog :D 

am not following him and neither he follows me :D

2) First person to read my blog ? is my school friend and she continues to read my stuffs :D

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

How come, DK? Different areas of interest in blogging?

School friend.. ah.. similar story!

Tanveer Khan
Tanveer Khan
from Lucknow
12 years ago

1) The first blog which I read was of Darren Rowse at problogging.com. Yes, he inspired me to get into blogging.Yes, I am follwing his blog. Apparently he hasn't heard about me as yet, so he isn't following me. But he will, one day. Cool

2) I really don't know who read my blog first. I think it was 'K', if I am not wrong....

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I hope your inspiration does follow you some day! Cool

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago
  1. Which blog did you first read, and do you still read his/her blog? Was it he/she who got you into blogging too?                                                                       ---> I think it was a blog from some British fellow. He had provided download links of various international music albums... all were direct d/l linksLaughing!!!... unfortunately I've lost his bloglinkFrown.... no I came to blogging without any inspiration from any blogger... I came to blog as it was getting difficult to publish my craps in a free wbsite which I was taking care of for quite a sometime Wink
  1. Which blogger first read your blog, and do they still read your blog?

---->My first reader wasnt any blogger but again,  unfortunately I don't remember the first blogger who cared to read my blog Tongue out... so obviously for the second part of the question my answer is 'dont know'Frown

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

LOL Anunoy! Laughing Anyways, hope you find that blog link someday, in case you need re-inspiration Innocent 

Moses
Moses
from Chennai
12 years ago

1. The first blog I read was some random guy who posted an article about "Wow, you guys reading this are really privileged to be reading my blog. I looked at a few others and they were crap" or something along those lines. Some people may see it as egotistical (and based on the comments from that post, there were a lot!) but I found it just hilarious. I dont read it now, but I wish I could find it again

2. I have no clue who first read my blog because I just randomly started writing without telling anyone about it. I was completely satisfied when I finally reached 10 page views after around five posts!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I got the humor through your words itself, Moses. I think a lot of us do lose track of that first blog, the one which got us strted! Hope you find it again someday!

Good too, maybe its a good sign Smile

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

1. The first blogs I read and followed were coverville by brian ibott and leo babautas writing. I had already started blogging though I did not know it was called blogging some years before that (geocities page in the early 2000s!!). Leo Babauta's work inspired me to get into regular blogging to some extent. Brian Ibott, who does a podcast featuring cover versions still continues to shape much of my writing on music.

2. The first readers of my blog were my family, and some of co-workers. Most of them are still following my work. For the first few years, I had just six people who regularly read my blog. Today, there are hundreds, but those six are still very precious to me, they kept me writing for them!

Tanveer Khan
from Lucknow
12 years ago

Oh, even I am a big fan of zen habits. I like his simplistic style. Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I opened the Zen Habits blog now, after you mentioned. I was unaware of it before, but I like his writing too, Subhorup. Thanks for introducing me to another Leo! Smile

Six or six hundred, they are still precious! You have a super six then. I assume they still find time to read you now also? Smile

I had queried something on google, can't rem what, but got idea to have my blog since it was free. I don't rem going back to his blog again. I searched several blogs to add on my blog, that I liked best on their blog.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Maybe you can find that again, PL Smile someday... 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

1. Which blogger did you first read, and do you still read his/her blog? Was it he/she who got you into blogging too?

The first blog I ever read was my Best Friend's blog named "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"Embarassed. Yes I still do read her blogWink. I make sure I'm the first one to comment on all of her postsLaughing. She was the one who got me into BloggingCool. I used to tell her my stories and poemsLaughingand she asked me to create a BlogCool. Love her for itLaughing.

2. Which blogger first read your blog, and do they still read your blog?

It was my Best Friend who introduced me to BloggingWink, HiralKiss. Yes, she doesLaughing.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Interesting name to your friend's blog, Pooja. And good that she got you into blogging too. Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yeah LeoSmile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

1. I am afraid that I don't remember what was the first blog that I had ready. My entry into blogging hasn't been impulsive but the wish to blog gradually rose in me. So, I can't say whose blog was the one I had read first.

2. I think ..... myself Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh well, first come first served.. and u r first to your blog na Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

That's great!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

It is? Innocent

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

1. I read only books written on cricket!! No blogs. It was just an experiment during some spare time!!

2. Dunno........ Myself (sorry Ranjith for copying your answer)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
DS u r tagged in my blog tag:-p
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Whats that???

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
go see na :-P
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I saw. But I do not accept tags! Sorry!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@DS, good that you got wise and came to blog instead of writing a cricket book immediately. We cricket fans found a good spot! Cool 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Cricket book... Hmmm... I can write that!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah.. absolutely  DS.. but blogging mat stop karna Tongue outCool

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
No... No...
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Good... good. very wise of you Smile

Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

Well, I am new to Blogspot and Indiblogger of course... and I started writing in my corporate blogs... so answering your question

1)The first blog I first read was of a guy who had a pseudoname "Illiterate" I cannot stop admiring the command he had over the language and the way he had written.The title of his blog is, "Love is in the air and it stinks" That was the time our blogsite was overflowing with so many crappy love stories and he had mocked all the love stories with his subtle sense of humour. I was very badly urged after reading this blog, so I posted a poem I had written long back. The first comment was from my Godfather.. :D and then he sent me an e-mail personally on how I can improve my writing. He is a great critic and he always points out what is wrong about my writing and then appreciates me. Over time we became such good friends and now he helps me by reviewing all my work, I make sure I post the first comment on his blogs.. :) Oh yea, his name's Sanjay Madhavan.. He's such an inspiration. Thanks a ton to him coz today If I am here in writing it's because of him.. :)

2) The person who first read my blog is Sahaya Joseph and yes he still reads my blogs and is about to create a fan page for me.. :D Thanks to him too! I wouldn't have persuaded with writing if not for people like him.

I think I will do good with the acknowledgements part of my novel.. :P :D

And thank you for bringing up such a topic.. I think it helps us recall those beautiful unrelated soul who helped us improve our writing.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Gayu, that is so nice, and so modest blogger to read first. I think that's a good start. Is your Godfather on Indi as well? Will find his profile and visit him sometime. Smile

When is your novel going to be released? This year sometime? Do reserve a copy for me Cool

Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

yea he is! Well no he is not here, I can send you the link to his blogs. But I must warn you, not everybody likes his blogs most of his writings are controversial yet they speak the truth. He's been hated by many but me I always like him. He wants to be a scriptwriter and so he writes screenplays now and I get the pleasure of reading it first! Laughing They are superb! We don't find faults with our role models, do we? They are always perfecto! Laughing When a whole lot hates Chetan Bhagat I always defend him.. Innocent So yea, I can share the link if you are interested.

And about the novel, It's being continuously rejected by my Godfather, more literary, more proper Grammar, more imagination... 'You should stop adapting blogging language in your novel, give it some respect!' more and more and more... blalalalalalalaa... he keeps hitting me on my head.. Frown I never improved Tongue out so he pushed me to a creative writing course in English which I will start from this Monday... but yea I am hoping to publish it by end of this year... it purely depends on the publisher.. my manuscript should be accepted first... I already sent 2 pages to a publisher and they replied saying the content is very good but the narration is a little kiddish.. May be I will learn after finishing my creative writing course... Undecided but there will be books in my name in future!! To be a writer is my dream and I will make it happen... wish me luck.. Smile lol Laughing yea I will reserve a copy for you.. and yea that's me I talk a LOT! Sorry.. heheh.. Sealed

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
oh. that is okay :-) I'll find his profile n visit soon. link not needed. All the best with your creative writing course n the novel :-)
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I think SM's blog. It is really good. And I was really happy, when I also became a blogger, and I got the chance to discuss with him. It was unbelievable for me. Even I could know his real name too. :) ! He is really ideal blogger. and I wonder, how he manages to reach all the blogs, read and write so many diff. issues from Politics to fashion and update blog daily. 

Also, about inspiration, my Gurudeva, told me to publish my poems, I found the means of blogging and started ......Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Oops Forgot the second question : I think Avlok first read my blog, commented too. And I think he makes PPTs more than writing, I am following him on slideshare, his PPTs are incredible, so as his blog. 

Later, Sameer and Pramodji read my blog and yes, Pramodji first followed my blog too, when me and my brother were only followers...I would be happy if they are still reading my blogs...Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

SM? Kahin suna hai, but ab yaad nahi aa raha... Undecided

Good that your gurudeva pulled you into blogging, Mohinee! We found a gem! Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think I missed following thy wonderful space, Mohinee, but will come by and do so soon Laughing I don't miss the read, coz of the Passion Blogger's group.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

CoolCool

I like and really marvel your talent and deep-rooted heavenly poetries straight touching the heart.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh I marvel at that too, PL Smile Mohinee ji is very talented at that! Maybe coz spontaneity comes from the heart Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Such a sweet sweet words! I used to day dream about some awards....I think I have got more than any award can give!

I am really blessed, if I wouldn't be in blogging, I would never met such a wonderful blogging family. One more thing, about poetry, I used to think, I will write on divinity and on God only. Somehow, I felt God different than world (dulaism - Dvaita), and now, I feel God is not different from this world - Oneness - Adviata and many of my poems are dedicated to my friends, brothers, sisters, the usual incidents happening in life! This is really Gurukripa.  I don't think I can write all this.

@Leo and Pramodji, I can't say just thanks, coz this Indilove is more than anything, any award. Becasue of blogging, at least virtually I can meet you all from my little town. Smile .

I am so honored, so honored by your words.

@Pooja CoolCool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Pleasure to have met you too, Mohinee Yell Thanks! We are honored by your words too Laughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Smile .

I hope I can write haikus like you Leo!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

HAIKU... not ending with an "S" ... plural and singular.. both are spelt as HAIKU, Mohinee YellSmile

And I'm sure you can write more better haiku than me too Cool

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

oopss Sorry Tongue out HAIKU ! HAIKU

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah.. Haiku! and you start publishing them now! Innocent Or I'll complain to the haiku king that one of his friends is hiding the haiku talent CoolInnocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

OK Leo Sir, I am still not confident.......Undecided

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's okay Tongue out try first. Perfecting can be done later, if there is such a thing as perfection. Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I forgot to share, Chaitanpuja - my Hindi Blog, I just started, as experiment, and Arti read and reviewed it first. I can't ever forget, I thought she is my old college mate Arti, later I came to know, she is my past life's Sister - bichdi hui...indi pe mili...Smile

@Leo Sir, so homework done! Haiku challenge....:)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I first came to know about blogs when I heard a about a senior who had a famous blog and a batch mate who used to blog regularly. But I did not used to read any blogs regularly as such.

After thinking for more than 5 years about taking up writing, finally decided one fine day to start a blog. My first readers were 2 school friends. They slowly disappeared after I started posting for contests and prompts. A blogger with blog name cris used to follow me when I wrote my famous bride hunt series. She disappeared when I took a 4 month break from blogging.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That is one long thought process, TF. Good it ended up with you creating your blog! Smile

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

The first blogger I read, as I said was my classmate. Other than his blog, the first blogger I read was Cinderella, of the blog Intelligensia. She was also the first blogger to read me, as my friend was busy with somethings and didn't come by my blog till later. Cin still reads me sometimes, and I read her blog too! 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

No one notices the host amidst the hubbub Foot in mouth

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Cinderella, I think I have heard but can't remember which is her blog? It's great, you both still read each others' blogs

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Her blog is named Intelligensia. She blogs rarely now Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I read earlier her blog's name , still got confused.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, Even I know one Cindrella from Indiblogger... but she is no longer active now Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Many Cinderellas around Tongue out

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

First blogger I read who left a strong imprint in my mind - Anuradha Shankarn's A Wandering Mind - the way she wrote, the simplicity and an effortless flow in her writings maintaining a degree of sophistication inspired me with my yatra stories and helped me improve them further. I still read her blog and she still remains my inspiration. I hope I can write like her someday Smile

My first blogger readers were from cooking blogs, and yes they still continue to read though they themselves dont blog often. First readers are always special and its always a joy to hear from them... truly lighting up your day Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
Cooking? :-) Were u a cook blogger when u started out, Arti?
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That was what I had just started to learn and still trying to Laughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
oh cool B-) hope u do learn soon. take precautions just in case O:-)
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Those who EAT IT are the one who have to take precautionsTongue outInnocentLaughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
that's secondary. she has to take precautions making it first. O:-)
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
hehehe! :-D
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its a sign of your class that even after almost 3 years, the first readers still come to your blog!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Of course, DS Smile Arti is of the highest class. Last bencher, but highest class Laughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great Arti! Great about cooking too. 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I pray her cooking and those who eat her cooking also feel great Mohinee Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My mom says cooking is a lifelong thing to learn and she has still not learnt it completely Surprised

@Poo Hehe.. dont know abt them but I do ensure that I am thoroughly precautioned Tongue out

@Mohi Thanks dear Smile

@DS @Leo Very kind of you, I feel you poeple overrate me a lot Innocent And DS, it is not my class, it is THEIR love and humilty.. I am really blessed Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Is she the one teaching you, Arti? Mums can be such fantastic teachers in cooking.. Smile (tho the only thing I can cook is Maggi Tongue out)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

And the only "over" DS and I discuss of is the over in cricket Innocent so we're definitely not "over"rating you Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yea.. Undecided She doesnt like what I do in the kitchen, and she says I am very messy too Frown Dunno abt my cooking skills but yeah, I have now learnt that mums are very difficult to please when it comes to cooking Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dont stump me with your words leo and same applies to DS too! Yell

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Arti! Don't worry. My technical brain once put rice in cooker to cook without water and I was thinking a lot, something is missing! I couldn't find any clue. Finally I asked my brother....bas aage hamara gyan mat poochna! Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Ahem... "stump"? Innocent again, we can't. coz that's cricket, and you certainly don't feel to be like a stump. Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Mums are generally very difficult to please too.. cooking or otherwise Innocent

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

1 . First blogs read - Payaniga  and Trek and travels . When ever i searched for a place , these were the two blog that used to top the search . Since then i have been following them and yes they have been the greatest source of inspiration for starting a blog .

2 . First blogger to have read blog : Magic eye and Arti .

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
wow!! :-) famous bloggers all!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

WOW! I was one of your first readers, dint know that... Highly honoured and proud to be one Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Erm.. you can come read mine too, Arti.. you could be the last, if not the first Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread