Blogging Mistakes

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Namaste Friends!

What do you feel as your mistake in blogging? Did you correct them? 

Any kind of mistake, like template, fonts, or any other thing.

Thanks..

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I feel, I should have started blogs on WP, I can still shift, but the commenting and templates, changing the template, everything is easier in WP. 

Sometimes I forget to approve the comments, once I forgot Arti's comment to approve and I felt so guilty can't tell you. 

Also, sometimes I used to explain much in replies, now I don't repeat the things. 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Changing template in WP.com is easy because there are very few choices, Mohinee!  Tongue out if you are looking for good designs and changing template a lot often, I'd definitely stick to Blogspot. However, if you're self hosting with a WP.org, then sure, I guess lots of options. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Guilty... No Mohinee.. Mistakes do happen by all of us and harmless ones *specially between sisters Wink* really need to be ignored.. Smile

Erase that incident from your memory system completely, that is your punishment from me! Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

@Leo - I am new to WP, didn't know this one. Can't we have templates from other sites like B - Templte etc. I don't change much frequently still.

@Arti - Ohhh aapki punishment badi achhi hoti hai. abhi tak bhai logon ke punishments ke aadat thi. You know, how the brothers are! I loved sister wali punishment...Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hehe, yes I know.. Glad you loved my punishment Mohinee. Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

yes......Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

.....Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee, nope. Nothing. You use what they give. And it's very different now in the comments too. Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, I think if Tihar Jail had you as the jailer, the prisoners would love it. So easy punishments. Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

@Leo this limitation is really bad....from WP.

About Arti Jailer of Tihar Jail.......I can't just imagine! Arti is so sweet.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I know Tongue out the prisoners would love her punishments na Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Baap re, itne responses! Surprised Threads are on fire... Difficult to track replies Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, to track mat karo Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

They would love me... if only everyone in Tihar jail was my sister or the only prisoner there was Mohinee Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Mohinee is in Tihar jail? Innocent Naya info re. I think even she dint know that. Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

OMG..........Tihar Jail! So Arti, is clear about punishment, it's for me only, otherwise, she is very strict I know very strictTongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think Arti disappeared on a sudden yatra to my blog, (hopefully!) Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee, WP.com has always had that limitation. Not a new information Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, beware of me! Cool Only sleep yatra right awaiting for me now.. Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

typo *awaiting for me right now, I meant Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Can you take that yatra "after" you read that story Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Okies.. Here i go... Smile

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

May be I should have learnt a bit about javascripts and all those web designing stuffs...

I tried and thengave up.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

hehe...  no once upon a time learnt basic HTML so thought why not to invade more into these stuffs... but once again impatience and lethargy won Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

@Anunoy - I also learnt Javascript etc after blogging. Sometimes it's really boring.

@Pramodji - Still you change templates more often, which needs more knowledge.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Even with Javascript as part of my knowledge base, I find it really boring at times Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Leo, it's really boring....

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
very much :-P
Ankesh
Ankesh
from Raipur
12 years ago

Should have chosen a different url for the blog. It is long and somewhat misleading.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

ya i saw... but you know, sometimes people tend to remember longer URLs if they convey a meaning in the form of a sentence...

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Ankesh! I saw your url, though it's long, but as Anunoy said, it's easy to remember coz it has meaning penningdowntheworldaround........see I remembered. Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I agree with Anunoy, it doesn't matter if it is long, if the sentence it forms is strong and memorable. Smile 

Btw, in your Indi-profile, the title of the blog is shown, "Not Funny" and your blog's actual title, when I visit, is "Penning Down The World Around". Do fix that.  Tongue out

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mohinee, blogging mistakes can be multiple.  We are not professionals or paid for our endeavour.  It is only our attempt to strive for perfection, so spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes can occur, replies dilemma does not arise if one has automatic approval of comments, we can always delete the spam

right umesh ji.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Umeshji, that's really true. Blogging is more fun and expression of our thoughts than the perfection in software things.

the worst one I see, I added intense debate as comment box. Now, when I changed template and configured blogspot comment box, intense debate comments gone for a ride. old posts too, it was a hectic task to bring the old box in. How do I get intense debate comments on blogspot comment box, is there any way.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Intese debate seems very complex, also I have some issues with disqus too. That's why I liked wordpress, because the commenting system is natural and simple there. Still, I don't know how to add third party widgets to wordpress.

When I had some issues about Intese debate, I contacted them, their answers were funny and irritating. :(

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I jave messed up between the url of my site with www. and without www. I am feeling traffic is getting split between the two sites affecting my rankings. Don't know how to solve this issue.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

If you are really facing any technical issue TF, you can try starting a new thread for it.. someone knowledgable might help you.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Sorry TF, I just missed to reply, don't know how, I am confused, didn't get your problem. But as Arti, said, it will be helpful for us, to start new thread on this issue

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

TF, send a mail to Renie, asking to change to one without www in it Smile Take a ticket, using the contact form at http://www.indiblogger.in/contact/ Undecided I think he can fix it on the Indiprofile. 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

When I started I had a default templateSurprisedFor around 3 monthsUndecided.

But then I customised itCoolSmile

I have no more regretsCoolTongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

Laughing

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Embarassed

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

That's so cute...Smile sweet template of sweet Poo. Cool

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I wonder how can you find smiley in limited stock of smileys, we should have more smileys.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee: Oh don't worry about that. Poo finds smileys in a box without smileys too Innocent

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HeheheLaughingThanks Mohi DiiiiiiiiiiEmbarassedKiss

HeheheTongue outYeah we need more and more smileysWinkCool. Lemme call RenieTongue outMoney mouth.

@Leo

heheheTongue outTrue wordsWink

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Mohi dii? Tongue out sounds so cheesy. Call her Mohinee dee na. so rhyming and nice Innocent

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

She asked me to call her MOHI DIIITongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

HIHI Tongue out ok. then even I will call her that. Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Mohi is my nickname given by Sanjeetha on this Indi. before that i didn't have any nickname...

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohi di, OK Smile I didn't make fun of it. It was just Mohini and MohiDi na.. sounded very different yet same Smile

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think the one regret that I have is not being able to stick to one URL, but it is something I couldn't control! Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

that's okey i suppose Undecided

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

possibly! Undecided the mistake would've been to stop writing I think. which I haven't yet made.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Why do you need to change the URL? any specific reason?

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I had to because of some personal issues, Mohinee. Couldn't avoid them. Frown I couldn't continue at that URL. Now trying to stick to this one. Smile

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

google does all the mistakes :P it UPDATES! a lot of research has to go in while starting a blog, from its name -> link -> blogs link structure and various other factors which affect a user's experience on a blog.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

So many things, I think most of us have started the blogs...just aisehi.....url and everything....

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Once I deleted one of my friends comments, by mistake of course Innocent, instead of publishing. And you know which post that was.. the 2 yr celebration post, such a sweet comment she had written... I apologized and she was even kind enough to write it again but I felt really bad about it.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
Ohhhh. it must have happened in accident. so many comments to moderate na.. one might have got trashed..
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yep, I dont have a clue on it still... how it just vanished Innocent

It actually showed her name and then --> This comment has been deleted by the moderator. It saddened me so much Frown

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

AwwFrownThats kind of sadFrown

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
As you have written above Arti, mistakes do happen.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

This happened by me also! Once by mistake I deleted Geeta's comment, which was so important...! But I think comment was saved in mail, so I reposted.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Leo is right, so many comments to modearate na !

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You were still lucky Mohinee, I have not yet activated the mail feature... no, no not that many comments as such.. God knows how that happened Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Hmm, it happens sometimes.....Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, yes yes. 60-70 comments, without your replies.. that's "very less". ya right InnocentTongue out

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My only mistake is that I left blogging for a year. But then revived it when 2011 World Cup began.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

One complete year???Surprised why DS?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, why DS.. All your fans missed your cricketing wiseness Surprised

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Just lost motivation and inspiration to post... But am glad I revived it.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes, yes. We are glad you got it revived too Cool else I'd be one guest post short. 

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great you are active. DS

Ankesh
Ankesh
from Raipur
12 years ago

@Mohinee wow, that was so nice of you, thanks!

@Leo: I've started acting on your advice. Have changed the template, switched to dynamic view. It is still bland and lacks gadgets, but I'll take some time to experiment around. And about the title, I am soon going to change them both to something new, something catchier.

LockSign in to reply to this thread