What's your biggest fear in Blogging?

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
do you have any fear in Blogging? maybe some genre you are good at, but afraid to write? a fear of keeping things too simple?
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HmmmUndecided. I used to fear to write storiesSurprised.

They are kind of kiddish and sillyCrySurprisedUndecided.

But then, I posted my FIRST STORY for KFC CONTESTCoolLaughingand I got some nice responseSurprised.

My bhabhi told me that I was very good at it than I was at with any other thingSurprisedCoolLaughing.

That made my dayWinkand now I'm not afraid of posting Stories in my blogLaughing.

I actually wanted to try SenryuLaughingbut really afraidCry. I don't want to post something which doesn't make senseSurprisedand ruin its nameYellUndecided. Lets seeSurprised. We'll hope for the bestSmile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh I started story writing late too. It used to be only free verse poetry at first, not any form or anything! I was very afraid to take up the long quill and write stories, but one of my readers, Pallavi, she told me I should try, and I did. She used to tell me, I need to write a novel, or a short story book and get it published soon. Even if I got brickbats from other readers, her encouragment is what I took to try writing more stories!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Smile

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

What about yours Leo?Surprised

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I fear using too much smileys, Pooja Innocent once upon a time, I used to put a lot of them in my posts. Then someone told, too much of smileys is unprofessional in blogging. So I stopped using them, or rather, I use them very rarely Smile

If it is genre, I think I am scared each time I try a new form of poetry, "what if it doesn't come out right" " what if I am ruining the honesty of the form" etc.. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HmmUndecided. In posts yeah it isSurprised. Thats why I don't use them on poems or storiesWink.

HmmmUndecidedJust like me ah?Surprised

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Since when do you use lesser smileys? Innocent you're always overboard with smileys. Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HahahaTongue outCheck my blogLaughing. I don't use Smileys in all my postsWink

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's coz blogspot doesn't have facility for these yellow smileys. Else you'd fill it it with so much smileys, you'd have to rename your blog to "yellow somethingz" Undecided

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out

Now that I penned my secrets, a little afraid, otherwise I am dauntless.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Smile hope you stay dauntless, PL.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I think a lot before publishing political and patriotic issues. The condition inside, is really threatening, really frustrating when we think about the future, but we have to think a lot, especially taking the leagl issues into consideration. Also, many of the issues, the way international community tackles, and the way India takes every threat lightly, the seriousness is devalued by Indian media and politicians too, sadly. So, it becomes very difficult to write sometimes. But now, I am improved a lot, keep improving. Also don't write much on politics, once in a month, but with deep analysis.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think patriotic posts do need some thought over, lest it boil into something more.. so I think that fear is quite warranted Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Yes..:)

Braveness is nothing but hiding fear :) i will continue to hide them and will stand like a brave personality :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I feel Braveness is facing the fear, once you face it, it vanishes....

I am worried about Haikus ooooops (Haiku), I would post them now, without any fear! Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@DK.. answered like a true politician Tongue out diplomatically.

@mohinee:) Ji well said :) i will try to follow my perspective, when it dont works.. will try to implement yours :D

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

@Deepak very tough answer.....:)! You can hide, when you can face...omg what I am saying! I think we are saying same thing with different words.......Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Potato potahto? Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

yes....yeah.......ya

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh that too. Yes ya and yeah are all differnet words saying same thing Innocent

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah.. LOL Tongue out

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee.. will blv that when I see it Wink

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

OK you will believe ...I can do it.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Do it Mohinee, am sure... for a poetess like you, it will be a cakewalk! Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Waiting for it Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Cake? Like in Sorc's cake? or Black Forest? Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Aajse hi shuru....:)Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Post tonight itself. Cool Topic is "Blue" okay?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Can't wait to see your post DiiLaughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Go see then. She posted Tongue outYell

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Oh thanks, I didnt' know about topic Blue....otherwise I would love to post because I am in Blue! I saw Haiku Heights, then thought saturday is gone.......now I can't participate....

Poo, I posted first Haiku, it's blockbuster hit......lol! So many comments.......thank you so much Leo, Poo, Arti.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Did I miss the topic blue? now?

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee, no re.. HH is week long. Starts on Saturday morning & goes on till next Saturday morning 9AM. Cool Blue is still very much open.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Congratulations on a very wonderful beginning, Mohi dee! Cool hope to see you on all 30 days in April. Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Wow, thanks I love Blue. Di??? I am Didi! 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Write for blue, post and link up soon okay? Cool and ok. you are MOHI DEEDI! got it! SmileYell

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

OMGSurprisedThat is supermegafoxyawesomeCoolLaughing.

*BOWS DOWN IN RESPECT*Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Thank you sooooooooo much Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Greatest fear is that maybe I am not meant to be a writer at all and just wasting my time creating works no one wants to read.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
definitely not wasting ur time Tf. ppl do read n enjoy reading u :)
Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

i actually used to fear writing Haiku. but thanks to you, that is resolved now :)

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I do not have much fears in life. I do not fear heights. I do not fear falling. I do, however, fear landing.

In blogging, I do not really fear having few readers. I do fear, however, that I shall not get (preferably favourable) comments, and people not clicking on, and taking advantage of a few of my AdSense ads. The income would be nice and make my financial situation not as bad.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

P.S. I meant to add that I do not fear having few readers because I am writing for myself. I am writing as my sole means of communication. All of my family, friends and former colleagues are on the other side of the globe. Although I write emails to them, it is more like twitter messages. Although my wife is here, all her family members, except for a nephew, have passed away. Although my wife is here, it is difficult to express everything that I want to her; hence, I am blogging. 

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Let me see...I am afraid I might write absolute crap. Which I have done sometimes and later rolled my eyes and slapped myself. :P

And...people being judgemental.

That's probably it.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

@antara

I have met a few judgemental people here on indi 

but that does not stops me , 

I might not share some articles on indi but that has certainly not stopped me from writing.

just dont acre about people who try to judge too soon.Just keep writing keep sharing

Sankar
Sankar
from Trivandrum
12 years ago

I'm afraid to even write :/ cause comapred what I see others writing , it seems so way off their standards , never had the reading habit and never found out much time to even write , but then since I took part in that contest tried reading out almost ever single blog post and saw the difference. Scary -_- , now I'm afriad to even write anything more than a peom , thou thats also pretty simple. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have a fear of letting down people I love and admire. I fear misunderstandings and seeing things differently than what they actually are. I have a fear of hurting /offending my friends through my words..

All the pain of guilt and sadness in the end of it all just gets a bit difficult for me to bear afterwards.

Atul
Atul
from Delhi
11 years ago

When I start writing, I try to make sense out of it & that is a headache in itself. I fear from working directly in front of screen & have to make a draft ready before writing.

LockSign in to reply to this thread