Butterfly Effect

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hello,

There are so many people in this world who cut themselves because they don't have the strength to face the world. But this is not right. They have been granted a life, not so that they can cut themselves and end it or suffer in pain. 

Butterfly Effect is a CAUSE which is started to spread awareness among people that HURTING YOURSELF won't do no good. It is a special and a really nice way to show the people that there is always someone who care. 

What does Butterfly Effect do you ask?

According to this, every person who cuts their Hand is supposed to DRAW a BUTTERFLY on their Hand. They may color it or do whatever they want with it. Until and Unless this Butterfly is totally gone from their hand, they are not supposed to cut themselves. If they Do cut then its like killing a Butterfly which is a very bad thing to do. As soon as the Butterfly is totally erased, they are supposed to draw another butterfly. This butterfly will be their companion in all times until the time they realise that life is much more than they thought. When they realise it and decide not to cut themselves again, the Butterfly leaves them.

Once every 3 Months "BUTTERFLY WEEK" is celebrated. Even if you don't cut yourself, you can draw a Butterfly on your hand, showing your support for the people who do cut. You might know someone who cuts, or have heard of them. Hence, when this WEEK begins, many people of the world draw BUTTERFLY on their hands to show support.

I can't ask all of you to draw a Butterfly on your hand. Its upto you. But you can spread awareness about this by posting on your blogs. Write a story, or a Poem, or anything, just to show your Support for those people. LIFE is a gift that we all have recieved and it is not to be lived in that manner. 

I request you all bloggers to take this up and show your support for people. And please do mention about the Butterfly effect as well, because even if you can't do it, atleast someone else who reads it might.

Thank you.

PS: If you take this up then please let us know when you post it in your blog. Don't give links but just let us know. 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: .
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

That is really a great effort, I will surely try to post a poem on this. And don't know, how to draw, otherwise I would draw this butterfly on my hand. Thanks Poo.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Salutes to my little sister. (sorry for extra reply.)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

SmileAah! Its alrightLaughingKnowing that you will write about it is enough for meLaughingSmile.

HahahaTongue outDont salute meLaughingIts an effort made my someone elseSmileI am just spreading itEmbarassed

Taurus
Taurus
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Does it  really works SealedInnocent?

Tanveer Khan
Tanveer Khan
from Lucknow
12 years ago

It's too sugary and sweet. People who are depressed and have suicidal tendencies usually scoff at overt optimism. they need to be dealt with a touch of sensitivity and realism.

Drawing butterflies won't work with everyone.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It willSurprised. HmmUndecided

Taurus
Taurus
from hyderabad
12 years ago

SealedSealed

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

My POST is UpCool

Kajal Chanchani Nayar
from Dubai
12 years ago

and I loved it.

Nitin
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Really very nice...

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Kajal JhiLaughingKissSmile

@Nitin

Thanks yaarEmbarassedSmile

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Rather than a butterfly drawn on hand ;it is better to share one's problem with someone who cares for us....if no such person is available then one should see a counselor or a psychologist or a psychiatrist .....the issues which torment the mind need to be resolved,& not pushed under the carpet.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

But a normal person would not imagine going and meeting a psychologist or a psychiatrist on his or her own.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Indu jhi if any of those were possible then they wouldn't have cut themselvesUndecided. Its the lack of listening ears and tending hearts that make them do such things...Surprised

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

@TF & Pooja-  why not ? depression or tension-past a certain threshold-is a disease like any other & if it has got out of hand,i mean if the sufferer is not able to regain his composure, then it requires outside help...my last post on indivine is all about this only.You are right Poo that there is a lack of listening ears,plus there is also a doubt regarding confidentiality...this is where professionals come in ...there is no dearth of them today,if you are shy of meeting face to face then you can phone in or go online...these professionals maintain full annonymity....it is easier & more fruitful than cutting yourself...many schools also employ counselors...one only needs to get over the initial reservations,the prejudices about going to a professional...life is precious why spend it in misery if it can be avoided...as it is there are many setbacks which cannot be avoided.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree with your wordsSmileBut the thing is, at the beginning of these cutting sessions they long for care and someone to hear them, at that moment professionals is not what they ask for... The want someone close to them to understand them.. But when that doesn't happen some people tend to take it for granted that NO ONE CARES FOR THEMUndecidedthis tends to not listening to everyone. When that takes place not even professionals can help them. But yeah, not all are like that. Some people find help some other way and some may even contact professionals as you saidSmile. But not possible with everyone right? After a certain time they just give upUndecided. Even if we go to help them they will just reject itYell

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Poo i understand what you are trying to say,but take this analogy-when a pressure cooker fills with steam it is of paramount importance that the gas be released....there is a post " Insurance against mental disorders" on jeeteraho it will answer your questions.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sure jhiSmile

LockSign in to reply to this thread