Trying to persuade you to do something, tell me if I am successful or why not

Shoumik Kahali
Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Updating this post...

Yes the format of original post was bad....as replied by many...

So what do you suggest is needed to write a pursuasive blog....

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Original format was bad an it contained some promotion...but the main idea is to get some good discussion
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Not at all interestedUndecided

Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Thanks...can you suggest your thoughs on making articles or blogs interesting

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HmmmUndecided. Well, just write from your HEARTWinkLaughing

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

If you're trying to persuade me to say, "Why is this thread here?" then yes it worked. Innocent

If you were trying to persuade me to subscribe somewhere, then nope. Didn't. Undecided

If this thread is useful, that I leave to the forum moderators... 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't think it isUndecided

Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

So Leo do you agree that title is important to persuade but then content can take you further if dont try to sell you(subscribe) some thing...

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

NO

poor formatting

Shoumik Kahali
Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Well after I saw all the comments I found that how bad my content formatting turned out...

So now that I removed the formatting...and offcourse the original content(trying to promote something)

Can we have discussion on persuasive writting...

Tell me about...

How do you persuade people to come to your blog and read article?

As asked by Captain Awesome how it benefits your audiance and how it benefits you?

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

three rules to start with,before you get into seo etc

1. content

2.good content

3.very good content

Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Madhur...I can understand good content is important...but is content the only thing to persuade readers to read more....

I am not talking about SEO techniques here... Suppose I am writting about a article about a Charity ...I can write information on how this charity works and how it will help...but how can I persuade people to make the donation?

or

I say I am writing very informative articles on project management(now there are numbers of blogs related to this topic) how do I persuade them to stay connected to my blog only?

Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

What is this all about? Why do want to Persuade us? Won't we get appealed ourselves if your blog is good?

Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Gayathri...suppose a blog is good and the author ask you to visit xyz link...will you visit that unless you are persuaded to visit that blog...

You may not visit a site just because someone randomly suggested to visit it...the point over here how do you rate a blog as good or bad...

For some informative blog is good

For other simplification of information is good...

Others give priority to type of content(little humor, easy to read and comprehend etc.)

If you say I dont care about persuading others to come to my blog...people should come to my blog and decide to stay or not based on my work....this looks democratic but then in democracy too one need to promote why they are good and why any one should consider them as possible alternative...

Well about persuading you to this forum...dont you think that led to some good discussion here from you and other experts...

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Respect your reader and Let him decide. Pushiness and forceful marketing of any kind is a big turn off, at least for me.

Then again, if you do want to persuade people, it is a difficult skill to possess.. either you are a master of it or you dont know it. It can backfire and can actually drive people out rather than helping them in.

Shoumik Kahali
from Indore
12 years ago

Arti...how thinks bacfire I got the taste from the original post in the forum...but accepting the fault and updating it got me some good discussion...

I agree with you persuasion can be difficult skill....but is that learnable? if then what you need to do...

I am recently reading a book on leadership and it suggested its not always about what you need do improve a skills its sometimes what you should avoid doing...

So based on your reply I think if one avoid pushiness or forceful that can improve your persuation skills to a large extend.  

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Shoumik,

There are no Right or wrong answers , it all depends on what works with your audience. Assuming only title and description are visible to your audience before they decide to visit you are not, you need to maximise these

Ex:

People say the title should be descriptive enough and give users enough info on what it is all about

But again

Most news channels and many comedy sites do not use this funda. Their titles are least descriptie and utterly meaningless sometimes on purpose sometimes to evoke curosity

similar is the case with Descriptions

If you have a news site ,it is preferred to be clear and concise

If its poetry..Your punch lines could be used

If its a satire/funny:You need to decide

If its suspense: Title could be a question

LockSign in to reply to this thread