Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice....

We rolled across the high plains

Deep into the mountains

Felt so good to me

Finally feelin' free

- Bob Seger, Roll Me Away

Here's a contest for all the bikers out there - and those of you who have biker friends! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=54

Let us know if you have any questions, and please give us your ideas for the T-shirt design! Laughing

Replies 1 to 20 of 178 Descending

great, I am not yet done with time to change, now biking, before that incredible tooo is waiting, kudos, great offerings. i have to rise the biker in me.  

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This is AWESOMELaughingCant wait to write for thisWinkCool.

best of luck p p,

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks PL JHILaughing

etechexplorer
from goa
11 years ago

http://www.etechexplorer.com/tutorials/make-free-phone-calls-over-wi-fidata-using-talkatone/

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

One prize for every valid entry! Yeah!! I love this kind of spirit... Renie, this is a good idea.

I plan to send in multiple 'valid entries' for this one... :)

Arvind ji, nice idea, 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

You know... I have driven a bike for more than 2.5 lakh kms... and stopped only after I bought my first car, a Wagon R, in 2001. Have gone for loooooong drives with my wife and son and have loved the feeling EVERY time.

great, best of luck,

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Arvind ji, I have met just a few with over a Lakh kms to thr riding account...Waiting for an Incredibly incredible log from you :)

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Arvind ji, I am waiting for your post :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Wish it had been bicycle instead of bike. Have good stories to share on bicycling. Don't even know to ride a bike. maybe I should write about the one bike trip I made on pillion or the one passionate biker friend who I know  to get the T-Shirt. But without personal experience, no chance of winning and these prizes also if I win I need to gift it to the one biker friend I have. 

let the imagination roll, @ the fool,

one query, can one write an imaginary bike ride.

another, is vineet rajan entering the contest, otherwise, I can interview him

is scooter ride euivalent to bike ride.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Of scooter is allowed, I want bicycle to be allowed as well.

@The Fool, how will bycycle benifit castrol, put some small  engine, with castrol mobile  in to it.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Pramodji, You can write an imaginary bike ride as well! I don't think it would be right to interview me! There are bigger and wilder riders out there! Can even you to a few of them! How does that sound?

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Also Pramodji, IndiBlogger members cannot enter any contest! :) 

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

But Vineet, you're the only one who sold his Ferrari (Wink) for Bullet, 

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

believe us, every contest we only keep wishing we could've taken part! I actually just sold a WagonR :D Quite the Ferrari she was! 

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I know VineetSmile, passion for bullet is something which only bullet lovers can know. I am planning to buy one myself soon.

But, I am sure you can still be interviewed. No T&C stops us from that

thanks Vineet, for clarifications, I am really sorry for you to miss this one, deadly biker contest. I can let imagination roll, on . thanks again.

captain, Are you participating, 

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I will be very happy to connect those interested in interviewing bikers with some amazing riders. Just let me know the city you are in, and it should possible to arrange for you to meet some riders first hand! :) 

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am in Vinit. I am at PuneSmile

I am preparing a interview questionaire vineet, I will indimail, please put in your views, and if some other great  riders can put in their views too, I will be grateful.

i stay in a remote village, in bihar, so i don't think i would be able to meetany in person for the interview. but, questionnaire will do,

captain are you ready for the interview,

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

those who want to interview riders can send me an IndiMail or ping me on @RoyalEnfielder . I will connect you with the riders! There are many in Pune, I will connect you with a few! 

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

P, I am ready

I have indimailed you the qustions captain, 

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Captain Awesome, I will connect you with Ashutosh aka Tinu who has also done the Saddle Sore (1600kms in less than 24 hours). How does that sound? Please ping me on twitter or send me an IndiMail 

Vineet, 1600 km, in less than 24 hours, is relly amazing feat. *astonished*

Arnab Maity
Arnab Maity
from Sydney
11 years ago

Ahh... At Last a contest for the Bikers! Thanks Renie for this opportunity to the bikers to write their heart out.

best of luck dude,

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Nice contest ..............

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
11 years ago

Wow!! It's exciting!!! I hope there are no special "Terms & Conditions" like they were for Incredible Stories and Time to Change.... someone please confirm.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I can see only following T&C. Inditeam can confirm if there are more

• Only fresh entries written for this contest will be allowed.
  • All entries must have a link towww.facebook.com/CastrolBiking
  • The contest will be judged on creativity & originality.
  • Winners will be chosen by Castrol and IndiBlogger. Judge's decision will be final.
  • IndiVine votes do not matter, and multiple entries are allowed.
  • Contest rules/guidelines are liable to change at the discretion of Castrol and IndiBlogger.
  • Entries will be displayed on 5/4/12.
  • Contest closes at midnight on 29/4/12.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

There are no other conditions for the contest! Blog away! Everyone taking part in the contest are requested to fill their address and phone numbers on their profiles because the T-shirts would be couriered across! 

Bhushavali
from Chennai
11 years ago

T-Shirt size???

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe Castrol is a good brand to be associated with, kudos to all bikers including me ex.

great umesh ji

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks Sir! I am sure you will have many stories to tell! 

Ayushi Bhatia
Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
11 years ago

This contest makes me wish I were a boy and knew more about motorcycles and the thrill associated with it :D

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You can write an imaginary storyLaughing.Make up somethingWinkTongue out

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

We're sure you've had your share of biking experiences! You don't need to be a rider to write for this contest! 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

We know a lot of Lady Rider who ride as a pillion and hate to be called so! It's about being on a ride, as a rider or dream a bout a ride as a rider...just mention that as a story :)

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Riding Scooters, mopeds, bikes, superbikes or having sat on one all count as biking experiences! Like Pramodji mentioned, it could also be an imaginery tale! Its the experience that matters, and what Castrol would also be looking at! 

Thanks Vineet ji, for inputs, i have driven scooter lesser than arvind ji, but, in deadly places, like patna, and surat roads. so, a lot of experiences are bulging to explode.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The two wheels much have an engine! :) No no bicycles! 

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

*must

Rohit Upadhyay
Rohit Upadhyay
from Pune
11 years ago

Nice initiative.Have added one of my travelog to in the contest ;)

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Welcome to IndiBlogger Rohit! How was your recent 1300 km ride? Don't ask me how I know! ;) 

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
11 years ago

Done with the post. Its a sarcastic take. No hard feelings with the bikers though. Hope they take it in a lighter sense. 

Go read and comment. 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

None taken, but i beleive you differentiated well between a Rider or enthusiast Biker and a just another Biker! Laughing

We will have to wait till April 5th, thn only the posts would be made visible...

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
11 years ago

Right yo Puneet :) 

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yet another non-biker's take on biking posted. Not sarcastic, though! My best chance at a prize given that every qualifying post gets one. Hope my post qualifies:):)

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

This is indeed an interesting topic, and I have written a few posts myself on my blog. But unfortunately, none can be entered into the contest! This is a good time to not be part of IndiBlogger! :) 

Pramodji got in touch to be connected with a rider. Doing that. Others who wish to interview riders in their respective cities or want to do it on email please get in touch! Happy to help! The Bullet riding fraternity spans across India, and I am fortunate to know quite a few amazing riders through the length and breadth of the country! 

thanks vineet, It's really a great topic and I am enjoying it, and getting to know world class riders,  

Rohit Upadhyay
Rohit Upadhyay
from Pune
11 years ago

Thanks Vineet,Ride was awesome.I know how you know ;)

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
11 years ago

This contest I have to enter! I guess I'll understand what truly makes me a biker while writing this post...

Vishal Kataria
from Thane
11 years ago

Is there a stipulation on the number of words to be written in the post?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

No there is no restrictionUndecided

Srinivasan
Srinivasan
from Chennai
11 years ago

Sounds coolCool ! should it be an experience of a particular drive ?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It can be anythingSmileAs long as it is related to the topicLaughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread