I paid a Bribe campaign

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

A serious campaign is launched by Janagraha, an NGO to curb the menace of Bribe.  Mount carmel students will be involved in spreading the awareness on the campaign.  They will put up posters in govt offices and BBMP ward.  One just needs to send SMS 561615 stating that so and so has sought and paid bribe Rs 500 bribe working in .......department etc.  I feel this is a nice move to target bribe seekers and be proactive rather than trying to dig post mortem fashion through Lokpal investigation.  I hope people will start capturing them in pictures and posting the same on social network sites, which will be one step further.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
aame
aame
from Tokyo
12 years ago

Wow that's an incredible and significant step.Wishing it great success Smile

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

I had to pay a bribe for getting an FIR lodged after my bike was stolen. Will write abt it. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

FIR should be online, than we can have the real status on the number of complaints received.  Majority of the times filing of FIR is somehow being discouraged by the cops since they have to settle the cases or give their final status on the complaint.  Kiran Bedi is supposed to start an NGO on pending FIR's Status, but don t know what happened to it.  Please do write about your experience Purnendu

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Govts and other agencies say that it is available online while in reality it is just an information to the police (which is not equivalent to FIR). Moreover, no one seems to work on it. Personal experience.

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Wow awesomeSmile. I hope it brings out as much as possibleSmile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hope IPAB campaign picks momentum with appointment of new DGP in Karnataka, who is also jointly DGP or Fire and Civil defence directorate

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

How about a campaign to curb the menace of money to government?

If your campaign to curb the menace of illegal money to government is successful, then government will simply make up the lost revenue by declaring it "legal" and making it taxes and fees. In the end, you will end up paying more unless you resist paying any and all money to government.

remo@b'lore
from Bangalore
11 years ago

But the "lost revenue" case wouldn't be there, right. If there is no corruption, all the money paid in taxed will be available for the govt to spend on various development schemes.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Your belief that the government uses money, taken in the form of taxes, to pay for things that are beneficial to civilians does not comport with reality.

LockSign in to reply to this thread