Quality posts on Indi Homepage!

Asif
Asif
from Chennai
12 years ago

After almost 5 months on Indiblogger, today i find Indi homepage featured with majority of the posts which are pure pleasure to read. Excellent plots, language & narration, wish this happens more often.

Request Indibloggers to take a vow to promote only such quality stuff consistently to be on the front page! and not to follow the you scratch my back i will scratch yours in promoting posts!

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Asif. It was discussed in detailed at the end of the Kissan thread also.  You can check there. Lot of bloggers have written articles about this - Deepak Karthi and Subhorup being two I remember. After lot of thinking on this my thought is this. 

1. Good or bad is relative. One man's food is another's poison. So absolute judgement can not be passed.

2. If you are a person who just love writing like watching movies, you just create a blog and write. Don't do anything else. Nothing else matters. You can even just write in your diary. Or use blog if you like to see your writing online with pictures and all.

3. If you want to build a reader base - every reader counts. Different readers come with different purposes and every reader matters. There are people who come through sites like this. People who vote for you so that you vote for theirs. People who comment so that you comment back. The more votes you get the more likely you will be on front page. More comments you get, the more you will look like someone is a popular writer. Whereas the people contributing to both these may not be genuine readers, the end result can attract genuine readers. Once they come, you can retain them only on the basis of quality of content. Once you retain them, number of visits goes up. This in turn increases traffic which will increase search engine rankings which will again bring traffic which will catapult you to fame. On the other hand if you get votes and comments through PR, but content is not good, you will only have that with you. Genuine readers will come once. If they don't like the content they will never come again.

4. If you want genuine feedback on the quality of your writing, you have to reach out to people who you think are good writers. Give genuine sincered comments yourself on their blog, establish a rapport. Once the comfort level is established they will give you honest opinions on your writing.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sorry for the typos. No edit functionality like my blog to keep re-reading and removing mistakes. Too lazy to type forum replies on word and correct all errors and post.

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
12 years ago

The Fool: As much as i remember, there was the option of spell check for the replies on forum. Not able to find it now.

Anyone else noticed the same??

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It is still there. Right most icon

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

The external environment manifests as a reflection of our inner selves. It is likely that when one is feeling good about things, one finds the posts on the home page worthy; otherwise, otherwise. That aside, the variety of genres that make it to the home page can result in a mix that is not my cup of tea at times, while at others, they may press all the right buttons. In all fairness, the ones who work tirelessly to scratch others' backs are entitled to their "fifteen minutes" too. Takes a village, it does. I have had to work my way through my dislikes and disapprovals to realize that it really is not about transient popularity but about learning to honor the right kind of readership, to coexist harmoniously with posts and bloggers of all shades, shapes and sizes, and to rejoice in the mystery of communication and realationships that blogging is really all about. This, I admit, is shameless self promotion, since it is what I blog for.

LockSign in to reply to this thread