Nirmal baba fiasco, media should also be penalised - debate

recent issue of Nirmal baba, amassing 100's of crores,by selling god's grace, and media too had connived in the act by showing advertisement type doctored videos of Nirmal baba, as normal public shows. public has been cheated and will continue to be cheated in years to come. I vouch for strong criminal action against media and baba too, for creating miraculous hype for money. They should be dragged to court of law.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

captain, that's a point there. I wish to point out here the ride media is taking on innocent people's back. they should be accountable too.  

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, they should be. But the issue here is that no one except common man is accountable for anything. 

Imran Fazal
Imran Fazal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I strongly disagree sir, Media is just a messenger and it depends on you to buy the message or to discard it. Y blame media??? 

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Because the mass is follower and source of information is media only. Not everyone can go and examine the truth. Media is responsible to show case the right thing

Imran Fazal
Imran Fazal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The thing is one can always look back and see whether the product listed, broadcasted is genuine, If h/she likes it h/shez free to opt for it. What is wrong in advertising a product?? For example Kingfisher selling off their daaru on TV through covert Ads of packaged water.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Not everyone has that luxury. Sources of review are not accessible by everyone. and if those reponsible start behaving like corporates, who should be responsible then?

Imran Fazal
Imran Fazal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Oh!! C'mon Its 21st Century, Internet being the fastest medium to get reviews about any product be it broadcasting, print or radio.

Imran, it;s a point of misleading general masses by doctored presentations. and media showing those tapes as a general slot show, not as an advertisement. It's an irony that accountabilty is nil in India. I see at cnbc. people coming and freely giving ideas to invest in stocks,  and they get delisted from exchanges in short time. but they freely come and keep giving new tips, to new entrants,

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Visit remore areas or for that matter small towns of India. You'll know which century it is. Or for that matter, go to slums of India

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

There is this famous educationist who has published 3 books and is running a chain of MBA institutes. So many bloggers have exposed him for what he is. But all top nnewspapers in the country carry his adveritsements with outrageous claims. And he is so confident he is a actually suing the bloggers who exposed him. What do you say about that. I think many of you will know who I am talking about. I don't want to name him and get into trouble myself.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, we know who you're talking about. I repeat my words again. Unfortunately, in this country no one is responsible except common man. Others can do whatever they want to. Leaders can involve in scam and then ban people from abusing them for this. Police can be better Gundas because they are empowered with the law; government officials can be corrupt and no one needs to keep a check on it. Newspapers and electronic media can show anything if they get money. At most, they might have to apologise the next morning; that too, in a far corner of an inner page. No one has any responsbility.

@TF.. We all know who you talk about Tongue out They've even got a funny facebook page against him.

Coming to the point, I think what we need is a change. A change, in the attitude of the people and the leaders. It's time when we actually start thinking about the country before we actually think about ourself. It might sound way too patriotic, but that's the way it should goes. We need to introspect our every action and analyze what effects will it actually have on the society. I think till this feeling doesn't come in the people and leader of the country, the change cannot be bought.

PS: Science say, It's harder for older people to change. So, now we know what we need.

right ritvik, I was thinking of more harsh steps, pil petition in court of law, to serve them. 

It's not about Nirmal Baba, It's actually about the people. We actually need to educate people against such fraud. If we think from a different point of view, Nirmal Baba isn't actually at a fault. He just used to take ₹2000 as entry fees, he never forced anyone to come there, people came all by themselves and at their own choice. He didn't compelled anyone to donate him forcefully, he had a account, people donated to him, what's wrong? 

But I think, after such more instances, people would surely start getting educated against such frauds. 

PS: I sometimes used to see Nirmal Baba on YouTube, He was better than most of the comical shows  on TV Tongue out 

Ritvik, there is a herd mentality, and people act that way. Now, recorded tapes,with showing paid people to have flourished by baba's blessings, induced more and more people in to the net. ( like we see ads of becoming slim) . If channel would have aired them parrelel paid ads, would be ok, but they showed them as live  unpaid news type shows. now this misleads,and my point is, the channel which aired them should be accounted for too. 

Yeah, People were fooled because of their heard mentality. All you want is people to use brains.

I don't really think the channels are to blame for this. Firstly, they do this only for the revenue purpose, and secondly, all the channels, before, after and during the program shows the warning, "The channel is in no way associated with Nirmal Baba" and  so I don't think channels could be help responsible.

LockSign in to reply to this thread