Microblogging vs Blogging

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Has the introduction of microBlogging changed the way you blog in anyway? I mean are some of us just content with Microblogging and compromise on writing large posts on blogs? At one point i found it so easy to just say am "drinking tea" every five minutes as opposed to writing a whole post on my day..lol!

IndiBlogger.in has integrated twitter .. too freaking cool!

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I say micro-blogging is a tool for the lazy person. If you want to maintain a blog just to give a running commentary of your thoughts, then I suggest that you use those social networking sites instead of having an actual blog. No offence meant.

Care to take a Look?

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Pavan.. from your reply I gather that you are quite a serious blogger and microblogging did not affect your blogging enthusiasm in anyway. Good on you my friend! and no offence taken at all

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Yes I am a pretty serious blogger. But from the past week or so, my presence in the blogosphere is NIL!!! I don't want to be absent. But I have other things which are taking up my time. : )

Care to take a Look?

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I tried twitter - but got bored too soon. Perhaps I am too old for that. I prefer calling my friends(or they calling me) to tell/know what I am doing. Give me blogging any time.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Ha ha! so MicroBlogging is out of the window then for a serious blogger lol!

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

But I guess kid's tools will always be available. After all, even we were noobs in the beginning. Right? Tongue out

Care to take a Look?

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Technical post coming up. :P

Care to take a Look?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Ha ha.... this is a nice topic. I was never a fan of twitter - I don't want everybody to know what I'm doing every minute of the day! That's why I cannot understand why some of my friends update their facebook status all the time.

Friend: "Ordered lunch from Pizza Corner."

Me: "You just had a pizza for lunch? I'm not really interested, cause you're not my girlfriend!"

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Renie

HAHA!! Nice one. :D This is the last thing I wanted the internet to be used for. Continously updated status messages. It's not like they are going on a very dangerous expedition or something. :P

Care to take a Look?

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Microblogging really baffles me. Why would someone want to let the world know every move of theirs? Maybe fitting everything into the 140 characters of a status message caters to short attention spans.

Nimish
Nimish
from Mumbai
15 years ago

hi Anoop

well id prefer Blogging anyday. microblogging i feel takes away the whole joy of writing long posts. theres so much more one can do with blogs, there can be pictures, videos and other graphic design elemtns. microblogging just takes away all dat fun. moreover i see no point in anyone just letting the world know that hes having coffee or some other stuff that in the norm on microblogging networks.

so Blogging anyday!

take care

ciao

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Nimish - well said!! Smile

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Nimish, Rohini, Renie, Pavan :- Lol everyone! Looks like Microblogging is out for seasoned bloggers... but I see a lot of celebs doing microblogging.. do you guys think this will aid celebs accross the world to quickly keep in touch with the community or should they still blog or use both?.. I have seen actors like stephen fry etc use twitter.

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Anoop: Exactly my point. Celebs thrive on being constantly in the public eye. Also, there is huge public interest about the moves and activities (however trivial they may be) of actors and celebrities. So for them microblogging is a quick way of connecting with the hoi polloi. I guard my privacy fiercely and would never want the world to get a running commentary on my life.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Rohini : True true.. very good points you make .. " I guard my privacy fiercely"!! I couldnt have said it better myself!!

Venu Vedam
Venu Vedam
from Hyderabad
15 years ago

Microblogging can be a useful tool. For instance, when there was a terrorist attack on Hyderabad, a lot of us were actually twittering the updates. (Back then, the tweets used to be delivered as SMS. Now that functionality is gone.)

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Venu : hmmm.. the use of microblogging during adversity - nice!

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ SriHarsha : HA HA HA! well that could be news LOL

LockSign in to reply to this thread