Captcha for blog comments, do you like ?

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

We see many blogs especially the ones on Blogger having a captcha for blog comments .. Personally I feel it very annoying to fill the captcha everytime for commenting and sometimes I just dont give a comment if I see a captcha. 

While I understand that it is for spam control but I do not understand why a Comment should be both captcha secured and moderated? Can't the blog owner take some pains to look at the comments and moderate them instead of passing the buck to the reader ?

What do you think about it ?

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending

Seriously, When I genuinly want to comment, and if I see the captach, I almost feel like to not to comment.  I mean it's actually very annoying.Yell And the thing, that the characters are getting difficult to understand day by day. I sometimes have to retry for about 4-5 times. 

I think captcha should be removed, comment moderation is still fine. I don't understand the use. One can actually go through all the comments and remove the spams manually. I urge all the bloggers to remove atleast the captcha.

PS: I don't have captcha or contect moderation on my blog. I even allow Anonymous comments. Smile 

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Oh ! So characters are getting difficult for all .. I thought my comprehension was going for a toss these days Laughing

Hahaha.... Laughing

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

I agree with both of you---the characters are often weird & waste precious time.

thank god my eyesight is still rocking. I clear captcha's in first attempt.

Aryaansh Sood
from Chandigarh
11 years ago

Hi 5 ......sir !!!!!!!

Don't tell me that you have passed all types of captcha in one go... 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blogger has the automatic spam detection in place that takes care of most of the spam comments. Those that still pass by can be moderated manually. In such a scenario, captcha codes and all are nothing but a total waste of time for your reader.

I am thankful to Mohinee and Zephyr that I removed word verification fron my blog long back and there are absolutely no problems with the way things are w.r.t. spam comments right now.

Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

I agree.. what's more lame is it says, "Prove us that you are not a robot!" Come on! I am sure Google can think better..!! Undecided

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

+1

Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

:P

Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
11 years ago

EXACTLY!! it is so LAME!! 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

I wrote this post in a fit of frustration. Was trying to comment on a post but th captcha was so complicated that I just couldnot read it even after refresh. FInally I did not. Whose loss was it anyway ?

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

Well to be frank thats just irritating...

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I do not prefer things that I can not read, and it is often extremely difficult to read those things.

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
11 years ago

I seriously HATE this word verification thingy. thankfully DS told me to remove it from my own blog some time back because i know how irritating it is to type all that before publishing your comment. and i dont like comment moderation either...

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I have long removed captcha and word verification feature from my blog, it is a real pain with Discus and slow network connections

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

I hope more bloggers see it and remove captchas from their blogs :D 

Nirati
Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

One of the bloggers I follow, just mentioned this on her blog.If they have captcha, that's to keep away spam, right? Then why even have comment moderation?Only captcha makes sense. Even though its irritating.But if you are moderating, you can delete the spam no?Having both is stupid =| 

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
11 years ago

i hate captchas...People like me who love to read and comment find it irritating...I have read a few people's blog posts saying the same.Usually if the captcha is too complex, lazy bugs like me will leave it by just giving a vote on inidvine

Nagini
Nagini
from Chennai
11 years ago

The captcha modification can be easily done in the old blogger interface.....happy blogging..:-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread