book publishing, a mamoth task

Vineet Nag
Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

i am almost done wrirting with a fiction book and now like all other writers want my dream to be fullfilled by looking at tha hard copy of it...

I tried searching for publishers on the net, no use, they dont even reply...forget about reviewing it...

i know many might have faced the issue...please share if you know how to proceed and how to succeed...

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
Vineet Nag
Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Aye aye Captain... hope to read it soon...

do u hv the site address for humming bird publishers?

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Apologies for the wrong name. It's humming word. You can contact them at hwpublishers[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Book is still incomplete and not sure by when will I be able to complete it Frown

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

All the best Vineet, hope to see the book on stands soon. Let me know once it is available. I'll buy one

Vineet Nag
Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Hey thanks a lot...and all the very best for it....keep writing :)

I want your first autographed book SmileTongue out

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Hey Ritvik, thanks for the confidence you showed on me... ;)

Laughing

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

All the best JiSmileDo send us an autographed copyLaughing. It might be of great use in future when people stand in queue to get your autographWinkand we already have itCoolLaughing

+1. Like.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

now after this comment giving a second thought of publishing it :P ...too much of expectations  ;)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

NoSurprisedYou Can't say thatCry </3 Cry.

We know you will fulfil our expectationsWinkLaughing.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

how can u be so confident... Surprised

u hv not evn read it...or hv u ;) ???

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I might haveWinkor Have I?UndecidedTongue out

LOL Laughing

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

@pooja... Cool Innocent

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Hey Pooja u can find the book here---

http://www.bookadda.com/books/hell-love-story-vineet-nag-9381560099-9789381560099

Ashwini Dey
Ashwini Dey
from Renukoot
11 years ago

Check out Statistic Book Publishing and Rights Agency (SBPRA). they review your work before approving, for that you have to send the complete script or first three chapters (I prefer secound option) of your work by mail. They review it in a weeks time and sent you a form to fill up if your work is approved and you are willing to publish with them. I forgot their site so I will post it later. After being published don't forget to send me a autographed copy of your work . . . :-) :-P

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thanks a lot Ashwini...that was an informative one...i will check with that... :)

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Mr. Dey it got published, find the book here ---->

http://www.bookadda.com/books/hell-love-story-vineet-nag-9381560099-9789381560099

Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
11 years ago

Hey Vineet good to see you here! I cannot wait to read that book of yours...  Do send me a signed copy of it..! Smile You can contact few of the authors who had actually published a book they will be able to help you... There is a blog on how to get your book published on Preeti Shenoy's blog.. you can try reading that it helps..! :) Good luck vineet!

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Yes Gayathri....i read it...it was nice and infrormative...

thanks for your support :)

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
11 years ago

A short story on Life is to live

http://deepikamuthusamy.blogspot.in/2012/04/02-life-live.html

Posting blog post links to forum is not allowed. Yell

Sugeeth
Sugeeth
from Bangalore
11 years ago

There are 1000s of potential writers like you, and few publishing houses. It is quite obvious, that you may have to wait long weeks, before you get a reply, that is , if they deem you worth their time and effort, Be rational.  If your rock solid about the uniqueness and saleability of your book, you should self publish it, first. Obviously, it is going to cost you, but you have to walk through the fire, if you deem its worthy enough. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the confidence, you have in yourself.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

true, i am keeping last option as self publishing, currently in talk with one publishing house, and as you said waiting for reply from few of them...lets see how it goes...

thanks for sharing a practical view point.... :)

Arijit Das
Arijit Das
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Vineet you can use Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing). As it's your first book, no other publisher will touch your work.. you need to have a good bio on writing for getting printed.

So, one thing you can do is that, create a facebook page of your book & start engaging about your book with your friends/fans for a month and make them thirsty for the release of your book. Tease them with your attractive illustrations, book cover & sneek peeks of the story, so that they become hungry for its release.

Now set a date & release your book through Kindle (which is quite popular throughout the world) and make your book free for first 3 days & later make it paid. In the mean time the crazy people will quickly read your book & may end up reviewing it on Amazon. With time, your reviewer base will improve & you'll be called as an established author, which you can later add in your bio. before sending your next book to publisher & i'm sure they'll sure publish it this time. Smile

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Sounds a good idea...basically its self publishing and marketing... and i already said i am keeping it as a last option...lets see how much patience i can keep up... thanks for a comment...cheers... :)

Parwati singari
Parwati singari
from Goa
11 years ago

self publishing is an option, try www.pothi.com they are into publishing. There are two more publishing houses in chennai, I cannot recollect their names.Try sulekha.com they have a link where they talk of tie ups with publishing houses.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thanks a lot Parwati :)

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

Have you considered self publication of kindle. 

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

no...not yet at least

Sugeeth
Sugeeth
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Self Publishing is an expensive process, and before you take a plunge, it is advisable to give the manuscript to a neutral person and obtain their views. Based on that, you can decide about how you want to take things forward.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

i know...which is why m not opting for it yet...

well contacted few publishers and in talk with few...lets see how it turns out...

Minnie Gupta
Minnie Gupta
from Siliguri
11 years ago

Hi Vineet, first, congratulations on finishing your book :) What's the subject matter, if you don't mind my asking?

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thank u Minnie....its a fiction story, based on travel...

Minnie Gupta
Minnie Gupta
from Siliguri
11 years ago

How interesting! Good luck!

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thank U :)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Wow! Travel story!! Congratulations Vineet! Can you please inform me when it goes out in the stands?? I would surely love to pick it up! Smile

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thank U....yes surely i will put all the links here itself...thanks :)

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Hey Arti you can find the book over here ---->

Finally Vinnet Nag is done with hi BOOK and is PUBLISHED!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY! Laughing

Find the link here.

All the best! Laughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Wow! Congrats, Vineet. I will need tips from you when I finish my singer book. Will surely pick up your book when it is on the stands.

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thanks a lot Ritvik...

Rates are less over here...http://www.infibeam.com/Books/what-hell-love-story-vineet-nag/9789381560099.html?utm_term=what+the+hell+is+this+a+love+story_1_1http://www.bookadda.com/books/hell-love-story-vineet-nag-9381560099-9789381560099

Vineet Nag
from Chicago
11 years ago

Thanks "The Fool" sure anytime buddy... :)

Rajrupa Gupta
Rajrupa Gupta
from Kolkata, India
11 years ago

Wow! What a feat! I have written a book and its waiting its fate for past three months. I know exactly how torturous the publishing industry is. I have sent my book proposal to most of the publishers... and none of them replied! Just kept me waiting. Its just test of patience. I doubt they give a damn about first time authors. You have to come with a nice Bio for them to even look at your work.

I dont want to think about self publishing right away. Will keep it as the last option. Can anyone please help me find a publisher who will be interested?

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats Vineet JiSmileLaughing.

I'm going to buy this soonCoolHope it comes with AUTOGRAPHLaughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread