How about Having a INDIMEET in Kolkata ?

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

We see Indimeet happening in pune...How about having a meet in Kolkata...

How about having an "ADDA" with the creative  Indibloggers,   .... a Bhaad(earthen pot) of tea, ......some rasogulla, .........lots of misti doi, LOVELY people... unplugged songs..some recitals..wat a combination of good things...good moments we can have having an ADDA at Kolkata..... anyone with me??? Lets plan something Bloggers....

selifshly ...would love this in July when i am back to Kolkata  ;-) How about 22nd July'12 which is Sunday....lets have this tentative atleast

Note: how indiblogger team supports this events any idea???

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: added tentative date
Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Very good idea. Go ahead.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Am up for it.. :-) Couldnt attend the last one.. but wont miss this one 

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago
spread the news to yr contacts in indiblogger.... so that we have a good crowd....

I'm ready. Free in July. I'm very eager to go on an indimeet. The last indimeet in Kolkata was held just before I joined Indiblogger. Have been looking forward to the next indimeet ever since.

I find most recent indimeets sponsored by some brand. Is that necessary?

Janak Kumar Yadav
Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

That's a great idea..I am ready. Never have been to any Indiblogger Meet..Couldn't attend the last one at Kolkata but will not miss this one..July will be preferable but others view is also necessary..

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
11 years ago

Yeah! Count me in! Laughing

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

hmm quite a response... Janak, you are based in Kolkata, would you mind looking for some good place.. and we can schedule time as well based on the location. Any volunteers for organising this!!! wish i was there at Kolkata..... miss kol anyways....

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

I would have loved to do this, but can't do it untill my exams get over by mid June...Will it be okay?? or will it be too late???

I guess a few of us Kolkata bloggers should volunteer to plan/discuss and execute this meet.

So who else is willing to volunteer in organizing it? (other than willing to attend the meet)

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
11 years ago

wow wow wow. I live in KGP which is like 3 hrs away from Kolkata. but i am underage so i wonder if my parents would allow me alone :( but lets see. i will come for sure if i can make it!!great initiative Ashu!! go for it!! :) 

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I'm up for it Xeno... lets put forward a plan when and where we can discuss it... 

as of now, we can discuss here to make initial plans. I'll need to think on this. Meanwhile, ideas will be appreciated!

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Decide a date first and announce it in the IndiMeet Section. This will give you a fair idea about how many people would be attending. You can plan logistics after that. Ensure that you keep at least one month's time between the date of announcement and the meet.

Okay Indibloggers!

Suggest dates. How about 15th July, Sunday.

?

Vineet Digga
Vineet Digga
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I am in even for volunteering in organizing it. My college is off for some time so..

it would be great!

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I can go for any of the sundays on July .. 15th or 22nd... But I suppose lets keep it on 22nd July... we can have more time, planning out and arranging ...stuffs.. what say?

Yeah thats okay then. 22nd July Sunday. A fair amount of time.

So i guess i'm gonna go ahead and anounce it then as suggested by CA. Then we can plan the rest of it.

Anand Jhunjhunwala
Anand Jhunjhunwala
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

I am primarily from Kolkata and here till 10th but will leave after that for Gurgaon. :(Would have loved to meet bloggers but never mind.Just for suggestion if you want it outdoors City centre is a very good option.

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

LETS KEEP THIS FOR JULY 22ND//// ANY SUGGESTION ON LOCATIONS....

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I dont see much activity in this thread.. And about the location.. My suggestion would be the Saturday Club.. Though right now, not really sure if they can accomodate all the bloggers. Need to check it out.

I don't know about too many such places but i heard city centre saltlake has a few conference rooms, banquet hall kind of spaces available. Is that true?

http://saltlake.citycentremalls.in/banquets.aspxcheck this out once. I mean, will it be too costly or is an open air space a bad idea?

http://newtown.citycentremalls.in/banquets.aspxand this too.

in fact,

check this out too. Tongue out

http://www.swabhumi.com/conference.htm

this last one also.

http://www.hhihotels.com/banquet-kolkata/

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

nice location ideas.... i am not sure how we are going to bear the cost in case we dont have a sponsor...still swabuhumi stuff could be a nice idea as it has got lots of nature, a casual atmosphere and may be the cost would be low... can someone check the cost....... does indiblogger sponsor such meets or can arrange for some??

Vineet Digga
Vineet Digga
from Kolkata
11 years ago

what ever happened to this idea?

LockSign in to reply to this thread