Missed Calls from foreign country ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I just received a missed call from +92 ISD code, when i checked the directory it happens to be Pakistan number.  I chose to ignore calling back, what is your preferred reaction guys

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

When i checked up the call history there seems to at least 4 times in the recent past i have received the missed calls, do you all think it is worth reporting to telecom authorities or law enforcing authorities.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

How strange, Mr. Umesh. I too got such a call last week. As soon as I saw 92, I had my doubts it would be Pakistan since India was 91. And indeeed my doubts were confirmed and on the net it said they are and I found this article when I searched +92 on google

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-02-01/mumbai/28143308_1_vodafone-customers-bharti-airtel-vodafone-spokesperson

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Whether Pakistan based SIM cards are bought by Nigerians inorder to trap us ?  I believe International roaming should be banned on nos which are not authenicated.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I generally have a habit of calling back whenever I see a missed call... but still I have been fooled enough not to be fooled again a second time, though the medium of communication then was e mail. It was a few years back when I received one of those spam e mails which I thought was real. I have responded and exchanged messages a few times and ultimately, though I don't remeber how, I did figure out that I wasn't a reall WINNER... Undecided

And recently another experience with my mobile. Someone called me when I was taking my bath. I called them back so that I wouldn't miss anything important if it were really so. And, the person was questioning me as to whom I was. And that same day, in the evening, I received another call from the same person and he was blabbering something. All that I have done was to simply disconnect the call and block the number.... Cool

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I would definitely call a known friend if i want to talk but not to strange numbers.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago
I think it is important for all of us to never call back unknown ISD numbers. Those who deal with customers/clients abroad, probably do a feasibility check before calling back.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

I got a missed call from Armenia once Undecided didn't call back. I dont speak Armenian and I don't know anyone Armenian...

There was a mail and an sms forward doing the rounds about such calls, and when u return the call, some malware drowns all your currency. I don't know if it is true though. Yell

Kalpit
Kalpit
from Jaipur
11 years ago

I got one a few days back. From the same, +92 - Pakistan.

Just ignore it. :)

I don't know why people do it, but if you call back you'll lose a lot of money :P

I've heard people lost more than Rs.50 for calling on numbers starting from 25/26 :P

Janak Kumar Yadav
Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

I can remember that a year back this kind of incident happened when BSNL in my Circle region started displaying a message with balance dedcution charges USSD message informing customers not to call any unknown number strating from +96 which used to give misdcall to only BSNL customers. Some customers read it and were not doing this whereas my cousin who was a college goer simply ignored reading such messages which shows with checking balance and last call charges Thus, called up that number after she got missedcall which costed her Rs.96 and the call was just for few seconds.The person on other side accepted the call and disconnected it within 6 seconds..Ignorance costed her huge amount as she was only a college student.Almost her one month's pocket money.

Atul
from Delhi
11 years ago

Similar thing happened with me once. I gave back a missed call & the person called. Instanteously I picked up the call & whoa! His balance got deducted. The person must have cursed me a lot Cool

Atul
Atul
from Delhi
11 years ago

The calls from those contries are generally monitored. Wink  Best to avoid similar calls.

LockSign in to reply to this thread