Should SRK be banned by MCA ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

After KKR won the match against Mumbai Indians at wankhade stadium on 16/5/2012, SRK wanted to enter the field for celebration of victory, which is legitimate move.  The security personnel objected SRK entry into the ground which may have caused a riot like situation considering the emotional quotient and maybe informal betting too.  It was a easy victory opportunity for MI who botched up the match.  Debate guys.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Well, emotions, legitimacy etc. notwithstanding, perhaps it'd be wise to keep the owners out of the pitch. Their celebration is wise, they're funding the team, but the victory of the team goes to the players, and the support staff. Be it any game.. be it a business or entertainment... even if Barack Obama owns an IPL team, when his team wins, he can cheer, drink, throw champagne from the director's box.. whatever! 

Regards this issue, I think to keep SRK away would be wise. He's the owner, he should be setting the bar for the fair play and etc. If he himself is causing a ruckus, then the team doesn't look professional. I'm not a big fan of the Knightriders, but they do have some good players, and they deserve to be in spotlight for right reasons, rather than their owner being dissed like this for a wrong action.

To be absolutely frank, I think this IPL itself should be banned. Forget the fixing allegations, it causes divide I feel, and it's not useful in the Indian National team selection. In the end, the same ol' players will get the call. Take an out-of-form Kohli for e.g., he'll still make the team based on repute or contract, when in-form players like Rahane or Agarwal wont find a place. It's just money flowing in the wrong place in the end. esp. in India when the nation as a whole is supposed to be "developing".

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Whatever the reasons for all this, maar dhaad and all better be kept out of games, takes out the joy completely. It is rightly said, money is the root of all evil.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I agree with Ani... the story has not been reported as it may have happened... not taking sides, but Media is always looking to spice it up. They will have a custom show on their news channel "SRK ko gussa kyu aaya" types.

Minnie Gupta
Minnie Gupta
from Siliguri
11 years ago

When it is SRK at the midst, there is no right or wrong. Your either hate him or love him. Those who hate him will pitch against, and those who love him will riot for him. Media knows it, and hence does not leave a single chance to play the card of division. Having said that, I agree completely with what Leo said.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am not an SRK fan, but still I do not belive the media story. This is just half the truth.

LockSign in to reply to this thread