Free guidance

I see the word "free" attraction of all. read a joke of ball pen making company was running at a loss. It started making combs too, that too was in a loss. then some brilliant nut gave free advice. "why don't you double the price of pens and offer comb free with the pen.

and sales skyrocketed from day one.

this quote of touched me today.

Giving is not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life. -Oprah  

Throw in views on giving friends. 

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
captain, kya huaaa
Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

In 1960s, Colgate had reached a stage where their sales was not going up as they were already at the peak and then they came up with an idea. They increased the circumference of the opening of the tube by .25mm and guess what? Their revenue shot up by around 25%

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Things are never free! Just that they come with invisible price tags ;)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Wanted to say that I liked this line very much:  It's being able to touch somebody's life. Smile

Reading the last line, I thought that you were giving friends for free! Surprised

yo, name the friend and he is yours

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thanks for the offer !  Smile Wouldn't mind paying a few thousands for the same! Smile

Will send the names in a sealed envelop so that others do not grab them before me.... SealedSurprised

ranjith, dude i am not auctioning them. Sab ek se ek kam - eeney, hain. lekin mujhse kam hain. It's like raste kaa maal saste mein hi naheen , free main. I remeber one group planning expedition to antarctica, approached a wealthy man for donation on ref. Of a reputed politician. Businessman agreed for entire funding only if they agreed to take the bloody politician with them and leave him there on return.---,
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Pramod ji, from India a truck load of politicians deserve to be sentWink

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

If instead of Antartica it was a beach, you could have taken Kyra with you and also written about it to win a Kindle from Lakme.

but I have no plans to go to antarctica in near term. I think indie team should find a sponsor to the event, and on pretext of a swiss tour, switch them in to antarctica tour.

fool, dude, I think my head is full of real beauty of dove, I have to erase them, to bring in new thoughts in for kyra and lakme thingy. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I wished that you have typed in Devnagri script or better stated everything in English! Undecided

ranjith, sorry dude, my habit, of mixing things. 

the above referance excludes all indie friends. They are sincere and only visitors to my blog. So they have a place in heart
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

I was so hopeful that you will take these ' dharti ke bojh' & keep them in deeeeeeeeeeeeeep freeze Tongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

and it pains when we see how ignored your blogs are

He he! This free-marketing is all over the internet.

You go through 10 pages which says that the product is FREE (almost invisible asterisk attached on top of E) and then at the 11th page you find out that the product needs a one-time-payment of only a few bucks.

They'll make you feel cheap about yourself if you don't fall for it. :D

on internet to ye bhi dar lagta hai, thoda narraz kiya, aur ek virus liyaaa.
mera mobile gum giya, isiliye unable to reply to reply from cheaper mobile, bear wih it friends. ..captain, circumfrence waala idea was given by indian only, lekin Hum to koyalaa kaaa churan se daant malte haain. Chakachak daant, rahte hain. Iss sundor bhaalo idea again frrreeee me diya aapko, no charge. Aapka paste kaa kharcha bacha 10k, in a year. Pain pain, leave my komal captain, earnest request.
xeno, you are right, they make you load a thing free and it is a maze to solve until you pay and become pro.
captain, inside news, just leaked to you only, aapko pata hai swayam lord indra is going to register on my blog ang interact with all visitors and bless them all married/unmarried Bloggers contributing there
Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Maybe a different take on the discussion here, but what I feel personally is giving is difficult. When you think of parting with your favorite posessions, it automatically invokes a strong of belonging. Something like, "Oh, this has been one of my favorites!!" Lately I was planning to replace my 2 yr old laptop with a new one. And, there I was stuck weighing the options of selling it off at a decent price (and getting some money off the new one) and giving it away to maybe somebody who needs one but cannot afford it. :-). Strange emotions huh!! I had used it for a couple of yrs. Giving is important, and so is taking :-)      

wow! I hope someone grows those emotions for me! Like, i could do with a 2 year old laptop. Tongue out Tongue out Tongue out

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Buy one get 3 free was vision express advt, but in reality, they give two coupons of Rs 750 each which can be redeemed on purchase.  Eventually one ends up paying more than what one has bargained for, but the feeling is that one got a gr8 bargainTongue out

i think with rising petrol prices, on sale of ball pen they gonna give car free.
and people will say "how much discount, if i leave the car

LockSign in to reply to this thread