CAPTCHA's without an answer :-(

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

CAPTCHA's, though helpful to the webmasters do irritate the users a lot, especially when they are unreadable or are in a format that can't be translated to unformatted text like subscipt, superscript notations, special characters not available on the keyboard or in the worst case images. And that was what happened to me just a few minutes ago. And here is the proof:

I do understand that many of you who haven't experienced similar things wouldn't believe me for sure. All that I can say to convince you'll is that I don't have the skills to make people believe in me. Undecided

Have you'll come across such CAPTCHA's in the due course of commenting on blogs or else where. If yes, where was it and what was the difficulty involved in it: formatted text, foreign language, image or something else....

For those who haven't had a similar experience, do you believe in what has been said above ? SealedSurprised

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

It is difficult if I am doing it through mobile. I still believe it is good irrespective of the fact that it is a Pain in the A. These days you have mathematical CAPTCHA, where you are asked to enter a simple Arithmetical calculations... these are effective too I guess, but I am unsure how effective they are to stay put on spams.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

s1FXipd.png

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I know of one issue though - Blank Captha(s), happens often due to Adblocker! :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The captcha I posted in the thread description is a perfectly valid captcha! Foot in mouth Probably at that time, I felt that I had to type in the second image as the answer. Laughing

Capthcas originated in ancient satanic rituals. The use of highly stylized symbols were representative of the devil's coded messages. They should be banned, as they are against my cultural beliefs.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

"satanic rituals" SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

"against my cultural beliefs" Undecided

uh - yeah. I'm totally againt the use of captchas.

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Thane
9 years ago

The solution is a service which replaces traditional captcha with a user friendly game but cannot digitise books Tongue out

See this

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I came across such game captchas earlier too. But I don't find them being widely used. Undecided

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I use maths capcha for the forums

LockSign in to reply to this thread