Hpy SMS D! :-)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

It iz nw 20 yrs sinsz the frst SMS hs ben snt. n it iz stll 1 of the mst imp way 2 communcte wth frnz r pss tme in th bck bnchs in d cls. hw hz sms aff'ed commu'ction n hve u pln'd 4 ny sp'l pst on ur blg 2 cmmor'te te evnt

hr iz a mst rd art'le 20 yrs n goin shrtr n strng

SMS lingo is too difficult! Innocent

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: article
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

How sms has affected? ENGLISH TEACHERS ARE GOING CRAZY ALL OVER THE COUNTRY FOR THEIR STUDENT'S GRAMMAR. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

From the article:

Around six years ago, a lecturer received an entire paper written in text language. The student passed.

Surprised

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
11 years ago

i second Ritvik.. its driving the teachers crazy :P

I didn't know we had an sms day too!Sorry i can't keep up with you ranjith cuz i'm only used to typing sms language with two thumbs. Tongue out

But it generates confusions like when you said "hr iz a mst rd art'le" did you mean "here is a most read article" or "here is a must read article" (i went with the second option.)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Even I doubt if there is something like an SMS day. I just assumed that there was one even though there was no mention of it in that article. Sealed Even I'm not used to SMS language and that was the reason the thread above turned out to be so horrible. I was in a great doubt with every word as to what letters have to be omitted and what letters shouldn't be. I think that I need to read some online tutorials that would teach me the SMS lingo.... I wonder if even that has some rules of spelling and grammar.

And, I also rarely use SMS as a means of communication. At times, I do reply to an SMS with a voice call. And if I reply through the same medium, I make sure that my message is 100% correct in all aspects: spelling, punctuation, grammar and everything else..... a futile attempt to make them stop using that modern day language.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I wished that I had quoted an article from my blog and someone had interpreted must as most! SealedCool

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

There is a reason why you went with the second option, I suppose... coz the first one is grammatically incorrect - the correct way for it would be "here is the most read article", isn't it? Just curious?

That's right, TX. Actually the rule to write SMS language is to omitt the vowels and type phonetically. That surely creates confusion between words like "most" and "must". I usually type proper language when I'm SMS-ing someone of just chatting. 

There was this incident, it was after the 8th class final exam that we had a one month holidays. All I did in that one month was be on internet and talk to my friends. I got used to this SMS language. First day in 9th standard, I just couldn't write proper language. It was just impossible for me. Since then, I have a BIG no-no to SMS language.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Found this resource on Wikipedia which might be useful to those who wish to learn the SMS language: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_language Scanned through part of the pretty big page and rt nw fling 2 brd Sealed

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

As Diwakar said, I prefer using T9 language too. Infact threre have been a couple of instances when I have sms'ed a person using sms language back asking him/her what he had meant to convey exactly.

Diwakar Narayan
from Pune
11 years ago

:-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread