IndiRank Bug ?

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

Lately I have been browsing around the top indirank and found one thing , most of the high rank blogs are from blogspot.com and wordpress.com, they doesn't necessary have high traffic or list of posts.

Maybe the formula is based more on the domain ? the weight for ranking ? if this is the case all the people who have personal domains would rank much lower.

I might be wrong. What do you guys think ?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Varun
Varun
from Perth
14 years ago

and I believed it would be updated at the start of every month and I don't think it has taken effect this month, has it?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

78 - nice!

sm
sm
from india
14 years ago

yes it seems so.

but as it is in a beta state ,is ok i am sure indie team will update it very soon now also they must be working on it .

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey sm, your Cisco blog, there's a problem with your feed... all your posts are just minutes apart...?

sm
from india
14 years ago

Renie ty , i will do the needful .

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

IndiRank updated - and improved. There are only about 300 blogs without an IndiRank now, compared to the earlier number - 2500!

We will be making an update soon - where every individual gets a customized tip to improve their IndiRank. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

what a coincidence... we i stared writing and you posted...

Kadambari Iyer
from Chennai
14 years ago

Awesome! Thanks Renie. I'm up to 67 from N.A.!! Yay! Laughing

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I read in this post that IndiRank is based on Alexa, Google PR, Incoming Links, and Visitor rating. However, the IndiRank has not been updated since Google updated its PR.

That would certainly be a big boost if IndiRank is updated. Coz, before google updated, my PR was 0. Now, its a comfortable 2. So I believe that my IndiRank should go up from NA at present.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Ohoohooo!!! I have got an IndiRank of 79!!!!

Thanks Renie...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Congratulations, Hemal! Smile

Kadambari Iyer
from Chennai
14 years ago

Congrats Hemal! Way to go!!Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank you Kaddu... yes, still a long way to go... but a feat none the less...

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Leon, to answer your question - you're not too far from the truth! There was a bug (actually it wasn't our fault entirely, it had more to do with the source of some information) but we've fixed it now by replacing that source with another one. We've also added weightage for some parameters, and reduced it for some. It certainly seems to be working better now!

leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

great .. likin' the new ranking :)

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
@Renie I too am not convinced about the utility & reliability of ranking coz i came across a few lower ranked blogs which were better (qualitatively) than many higher ranked ones causing confusion.
Bhagyashree
Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
14 years ago

yoohoo.. i am up to 72 from NA !! feeling much better now.. Laughing

Hi, my जयहिंदी and प्रिंटेफ-स्कैनेफ got 71, while my केरल पुराण and Jaihindi Magazine got 51.

I am happy for जयहिंदी and प्रिंटेफ-स्कैनेफ, though I will have to do something about केरल पुराण and Jaihindi Magazine.

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
14 years ago

I rose from 30 last month to 72...

nice jump I guess...

Renie ...that;s a real moral booster....

dream
dream
from pune
14 years ago

Thanks Renie am Happy from Na to 50 ...:)

Laughing

D Chaudhury
D Chaudhury
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey! One of my blogs - India Office got a rank of 68 and I successfully added the widget to my site.

My other blog India Shoes (with higher number of visitors) has a rank of 47, and I just cannot seem to integrate the indirank on the site. Can someone please help? The script just auto-deletes itself from any widget of wordpress.

Thanks in advance!

Dips

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Unfortunately Wordpress.com doesn't allow widgets which update externally. We have updated the widgets page with special code for wordpress.com users - however you'll need to update the code whenever your IndiRank changes!

LockSign in to reply to this thread