NR to PR zero, is it a penalty or good news?

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I got Page Rank 0 (PR0) for one of my blogs recently. The rank earlier was NR (Not Ranked). I was pretty happy of my success even it means very little. But, when I tried to google and dig out a little more information on the same, it horrified me!

A few of the articles I saw said it was a penalty in some way yet not exactly the penalty!

When I googled further more I read somewhere that it has to do with either low-outbound links or bad-outbound links or imbalance of outbound links and also related in someway with in-bound links.

This confused me completely and the situation now is that I don't know if I should be happy or be mourning for what went wrong! Please help me figure out the problem and revert the penalty if any? I don't know where did I go wrong?

Here is something I read which is contradicting to the above unhappy news!

When a website has a pagerank of 0, the site is said to be "PR0", very simple! Take note at this point that when viewing PageRank in the Google Toolbar, then PR0 is not the same as when the page is "Not Ranked". When a page is not ranked by Google, you will see no white part in the pagerank part of the toolbar and it will be "grayed out". With PR0 however, the entire pagerank part of the toolbar will be white, there will be no green part.

Please give me some clarification and how can I correct myself? Thanks in advance.
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
11 years ago

I too notice the samething for one of my blogs. But I have been writing more on that blog recently and hence I guess the PR from N/A to 0 is actually better. At least there is a number now :)

Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Okay now I have started to beleive that something is better than nothing. We both sail in the same boat!

LockSign in to reply to this thread