Why are we worried about indiRank?

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

As we all know, we cannot assess the quality of a blog without assessing the quality of its posts, which inturn cannot be assessed without reading them. This invariably proves that the autogenerated indiRank is not showing the quality of our blogs. Then why are we worried about it?

But that doesn't mean we must do away with it. Because we get higher rank only if we blog more. Thus a higher indiRank is an impetus to blog more. A good impetus which works better than many other things. So let's not worry about the crawler: the secret agent (or in other words the only guaranteed follower of your blog), who generates our ranks. Let him do his funny stuffs.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

I went through some threads discussing about Indirank but I couldn't see a reply from you relevant to the point I stated. Please add the link to the thread in which you disclosed your opinion about indi rank.

As a common sound man(excluding sages) everyone of us will have a desire for numbers and many such, as far as INDIRANK is concerned..we have misconception that a blog which has high rank is the best, which is absurd...Quality cannot be assessed by the statistics that indi calculates..

if you are a person who values quality, ignore indirank and ignore people's talk about that, i wonder a person who consider indirank as useless one taking it to a forum, i think this thread is meaningless ! 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

@ Deepak, I have not said indirank is useless. I have clearly mentioned in the description that it is the best impetus for a blogger to blog more. The only thing I said is we must not be worried about it. We must not wait crossing our fingers for july 8th.

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

@captain, it was news for me. Thanks for the information. I started this thread since in other forums, bloggers are seen so much excited about it.

As far as I'm concerned with it, good Indirank helps us in many ways. But it doesn't say anything about our blog. not that the blog is better or worse.

For me, I too like a higher indirank. It was 60+ first time. Then it dipped to 40+( i didn't blog at all), not its 70+. If it comes to 40 or 30 next time, its fine for me.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The fact is that no software can tell you about quality of a blog/posts. And humanly its not possible also

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

An idle mind is the statting point of all troubles and IndiRank is one of the ways to keep it occupied, though there are many other better ways.Smile

As Animesh already pointed out, IndiRank helps in giving one more visibility. Posts on IndiVine are sorted on number of votes and a higher IndiRank helps in getting a larger number of votes faster. Blogs are also sorted based on IndiRank. So, to grab the attention of those looking out for new blogs, having a higher IndiRank would be helpful to a certain extent but not completely.

For those who think that IndiRank is useless: Would you built an informational website with loads and loads of quality content and don't get any backlinks, not even one with a belief in the principle that Content is Good and that Google is intelligent enough to judge your site/ blog.

One need not run behind IndiRank. It is sufficient if one takes care about blogging and writing new posts, atleast four a month.. IndiRank would then take care of itself.

LockSign in to reply to this thread