Google adsense Help

Rahul Kolabhagathu
Rahul Kolabhagathu
from Bahrain
11 years ago

Could anyone help me in increasing the clicks on the adsense advertisements on my blog, i am not getting a single clicks on my add banners. Any views that could help are welcome.... :D

Thanks for reading this

Regards

Rahul

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

I had a look at your blog the colours over powering. You need to use simple minimilistic theme. No fancy stuff. Second advice about adsense, "do not use adsense at the monent". You need tons of traffic if you want to go anywhere with adsense. Most people have become ad blind anway. Ask youself, do you ever click on ads. 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago
saare, oru alpam patience... Build your content and wait for people to come to your blog. I have earned a whopping $35 in last 4 years!
Vaibhav Panwar
from Pune
11 years ago

lol , if you call it whooping, that i have to say that , i earn this much in about a month , from past 4 moths I have minted 140$ !

well, ad sense seems to work for u only if u grab humongous traffic.. I've been using ad sense for the last 5 months and all I've earned is $0.03.. the problem with ad sense is that it works like a black box and its really hard to figure out what u ought to do to get an increase in traffic..

I don't have much knowledge in this regard, but I believe it's better to use affiliate programes.

Abhishek Ghosh
Abhishek Ghosh
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Could anyone help me in increasing the clicks on the adsense advertisements on my blog, i am not getting a single clicks on my add banners. Any views that could help are welcome.... :D

• Increase in pageviews will automatically increase the CTR. Put Ad units in F pattern on the left side of the webpage.
  • If you are quite serious about earing, it is better to think about own hosted WordPress. Today the number of websites has increased so much in number, even with TLD (.com, .net etc.) its difficult to get a good number of pageviews. A decade ago, people earned millions with free blogs, the days were different. 
  • Search with Internet Marketing Forum in Google, you will get two or three top forums in the World, they have separate section on earnings.
  • Do not expect significant earnings unless the pageviews per day reaches 1000 at minimum.

well, ad sense seems to work for u only if u grab humongous traffic.. I've been using ad sense for the last 5 months and all I've earned is $0.03.. the problem with ad sense is that it works like a black box and its really hard to figure out what u ought to do to get an increase in traffic..

• Follow F pattern as said above
  • Quality of you blog is quite good and suitable to fetch traffic. You are writing on AI, Neural Network and getting 3 Cent CPC is very very low.
  • AdSense is not really a blackbox, for everything there is logic. AdSense will always want you earn higher as they will get a big share from your revenue. 
  • Above other tips for Rahul is also applicable for you.

I don't have much knowledge in this regard, but I believe it's better to use affiliate programes.

Affilate programes is really a bit different thing. Not all can really 'push' towards the products. On the other hand, with AdSense one's work is to find the keywords where there are lot of Advertisers (that is high competive niche)  and to increase the organic traffic.

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
11 years ago

@Abhishek

You might want to explain the "F Pattern". Not everyone is aware of this. :)

Ram
Ram
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is the link to F-pattern http://www.useit.com/alertbox/reading_pattern.html

You need organic traffic to earn from adsense. Check your logs and see how much traffic you are getting from search engines, try to increase that traffic. 

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

Interesting F pattern of web reading. 

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Agree to most of them but one last thing want to add in this topic is: Only driving traffics wont increase your adsense earnings, for that you need a good niche, good ad placement & make sure to blend it with the content.

Gunjan R Sonar
Gunjan R Sonar
from Nasik
11 years ago

If your blog having good unique visitors than try other PPC program like edomz,Kontera,Adbrite,chitika etc

Abhishek Ghosh
Abhishek Ghosh
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks Ram for explaining the F pattern. Google itself suggests how we can arrange the Ads and the F pattern.

CPC practically depends on many things, not all are actually openly discussed by Google for maintaining trade secreay. The basic things are :

• The domain name has some factors in ranking due to keyword in the domain's name. But it is not, unleated name will never get success. More high rank for a high value keyword, more will be the cpc. 
  • Nowadays microniche sites (specific on the specialized topic) is important due to huge competition.  
  • More there are advertisers willing to pay more and less the number of specific sites on the topic, more will be bidding and higher will be the CPC.
  • Basically if CTR increases, paradoxically CPC decreases. The reason is, every advertiser has a budget and if oppertunity is more (more clicks), the bidding will go lower or unleated Ads will showup. 
  • Forums are usually not very successful due to huge pageviews but very low CTR and CPC (due to repeat visitors, same looking forums make ad blindness).
  • It is important which keyword anchor text is pointing towards you. This info you will get from Webmaster tools. Webmasters usually demote low value keyworded backlinks and promote higher values.
  • Pattern of user's behaviour is quite important on the site. High bounce rate sites gets lower cpc. 
  • Using HTML comment markups to make AdSense understand what is the content is a good trick. You can read this post on Adsense HTML, PHP Hacks
  • If a website on Mesothelioma (just an example) gets 500 visitors / day and can sustain #1 for few posts, one click can give him $ 35 or more.
  • Do not discuss about your exact CTR, CPC openly, its against AdSense's policy. 
  • Even in CPM, if CTR is very low, CPM unfortunately decreases (Otherwise people will put the Ads on footer).
  • Google loves Text. 
  • If your website is good, Google will send you personalized tips for AdSense. I received once or twice. If your website is excellent, probably you will be invited for being AdSense premium. Everything goes different. 
  • Authorship markup is very very important. Who is writing the content is becoming more important due to huge "made for Adsense" website.
  • Using Adwords increases the CPC.
  • Everything needs investment, dedication and hard work. 
  • Blogging is a content publishing bussiness. There is gross income, investments and net profit.

Regarding self hosted WordPress :

• Never buy domain name from bad or less reputed brands, they usually sell at abnormally low rate for some reasons. GoDaddy (be careful not to click all the checkboxes), Tucows are good choices. There are web based tools to find domain names like bustaname.com (Do not buy through them, only get the name).
  • Quality of server matters. We need Linux Server, not Windows server (Windows Servers are actually for ASP.Net based CMS, although WordPress can run on Windows, its clumsy and costly). Basically LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is what we need.
  • If you have any doubt about WordPress, please visit WordPress.org (not WordPress.com) and ask your question. There are many volunteers to help.
  • Clear your doubts yourself before renting a server. Its like buying a household things.

LockSign in to reply to this thread