Mystery Of The Missing Thread!!!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hello Folks,

IndiForum, I thought, till now was a place where one could easily share their views and thoughts without the fear of being ridiculed or without the apprehension that you will be ganged up against and laughed at. Everyone was given a fair chance - everyone heard, everyone given a chance to explain their side of the story.

The IndiTeam never went about shouting at bloggers or fighting with them or deleting their threads let alone deleting profiles.

Numerous terrible and controversial issues occured from time to time but even those so called volatile thread topics happily stayed here. And why not? After all, that has always been the real beauty of the forum, a place which I feel proud to call myself a hero of!

But last week my harmless thread appealing to my Friend 'The Sorcerer' aka Sorc was deleted by someone. The thread was neither showing anyone in bad light, neither was it flaming, neither was it abusive, neither was it trolling... Just a plea to recall Sorc back to the forum on which he has always been an asset and loved dearly. Sad that I witnessed such a day on a forum which I thought was for everyone. Deleting threads without citing a proper reason is dictatorship. This is really sad...

... Can someone throw some light on it?

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: formatting
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes. Somebody throw some light.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Don't throw torches at us, though.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

There are rules against flaming TF:) They can throw torches not lighted torches:)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

On this particular issue, I leave it to the mods/owners of Indi to reply to DS. But I do feel everyone deserves to  know why his or her thread was deleted. Sorc used to post on the thread itself before deleting. But better to maintain a seperate sticky thread where list of threads deleted/locked are posted by mods with reason so that everyone knows why threads are deleted/locked. I have seen this in another forum I have been part of. 

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Second that

+1

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Hey DS, it wasn't the IndiTeam who deleted your thread, it was one of the IndiPolice... I'll let that person explain if he/she decides to do so! Smile

@Fool - we're quite close to having that functionality on the forum, we're working on upgrading IndiPolice. We had to pause development soon after introducing the lock thread feature, but we're back to it now.

We've spoken to the Sorcerer, and although he has made his decision, there are no hard feelings between anyone. Hopefully he'll come back someday, but that's up to him!

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Renie! Relatively new here so do not know how IndiTeam and IndiPolice operate. The latter operates totally independent of the former?

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Thanks for your swift reply Renie. I kind of always had in the back of my mind that the Inditeam are not of the kind who go on deleting threads for no reason whatsoever. Its very good to hear that there is no love lost between Indi and Sorc, I hope he comes back soon.
Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
11 years ago

Now I am more curious to know what was in that thread..! Undecided

no comments

+1

This is going towards a heated argument.

But in my opinion, I don't really think one actually needs to create a thread just to say good-bye. And on top of that leaving un-answered questions (I had seen that thread). 

But I guess, he is gone, his presence will be missed, but there is no point in going on argumenting further on this.

PS: No offense intended to anyone.

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
this thing must not be carried still ........ but it do needs a conclusion :-|

Sorc wanted to go, and he went - That's the conclusion!

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Sorc wanted to go - he went... I wanted to call him back - My attempt was cut short???

I wish he comes back. But to me it looked a well thought decision. I'll be so glad to see him back.

LockSign in to reply to this thread