I have a doubt about Copyrights in Blogger.com blogs

Sasikumar Rajappan
Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

I see some bloggers who are using Blogspot, have protected rheir site from Copying, by disabling the "right click options" on their blog. I just want to know hoe to do it, because i need it too.... if there is anybody using this option please tell me, how to do that...???

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
11 years ago

Add a simple code by add gadget -> html/javascript. Code can be found easily by searching the same question you have asked :). 

Neha Kuduvalli
Neha Kuduvalli
from Mysore
11 years ago

I use this code which is better than disabling right click option. Most of the times you need the right click option to quickly right click and open a link on a new tab. But this code helps in preventing copying the contents of the post. i.e; if you click and slide your mouse over the words, The content cannot be copied. Hope this helps. Use it as a part of your gadget.

<script type="text/javascript">//Prevent Copying Content From Blogger/Blogspot//For full source code, visit http://bloggerstrade.blogspot.comvar omitformtags=["input", "textarea", "select"]omitformtags=omitformtags.join("|")function disableselect(e){if (omitformtags.indexOf(e.target.tagName.toLowerCase())==-1)return false}function reEnable(){return true}if (typeof document.onselectstart!="undefined")document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")else{document.onmousedown=disableselectdocument.onmouseup=reEnable}</script>

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
11 years ago

I use both codes.

Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

Hi, Neha Kuduvalli are you using this code... is it working....???

Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

Yapeee... It is working. thanks dude...!!!! but i used this. without the "//Prevent Copying Content From Blogger/Blogspot//For full source code, visit http://bloggerstrade.blogspot.com " statement. with this statement it is not worked for me...!!!!  

<script type="text/javascript">

var omitformtags=["input", "textarea", "select"]omitformtags=omitformtags.join("|")function disableselect(e){if (omitformtags.indexOf(e.target.tagName.toLowerCase())==-1)return false}function reEnable(){return true}if (typeof document.onselectstart!="undefined")document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")else{document.onmousedown=disableselectdocument.onmouseup=reEnable}</script>

Neha Kuduvalli
from Mysore
11 years ago

It works either way. And you are most welcome but please don't refer me as dude, dude!! :P

Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

Sure Neha Is this OK..!!

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
heyy where exactly do we put those links I mean I've come across many of such kind but don't know how to add 'em can someone elaborate where to put links on blogger
Sasikumar Rajappan
Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

Yatin Khurana Just go to your blog. Then go to Design click on Layout, add a html gadget, paste this code. That's it...!!!!

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
clicked on layout then ?????
Sasikumar Rajappan
Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

There you'll see add gadget option on your blog's layout....

Then add the HTML/Javascript Gadget.

Paste this code there and save the gadget.

and view your blog then check it out....!!!! 

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
when I click add gadget a knew window pops up with four sub cat..... basics, popular, featured and more//// in more where I click add my gadget the only option is to add through url //// can you mail me the screenshots please
Sasikumar Rajappan
Sasikumar Rajappan
from Salem
11 years ago

No need for screen shoot bro... basics, popular, featured and more... in these options

click on Basics-> Exactly 11th Gidget is HTML/Javascript (scrol the pop-up window to come down). Wink

and follow the steps....

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
wokay :-D
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

There is no foolproof way to disable others from copying our blog's content. One can easily block javascript on a page by using the browser's inbuilt options. I feel that providing the copy option is necessary. People may want to copy a line or two and quote it in their blog, referring to you. And to their surprise, they find that the task cannot be done. 

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Exactly!

Sometimes I want to quote a line or two while commenting because I really liked the lines, or if my post is kind of similar, and then when I can't , it is very annoying.  Not everyone wants to steal your material and like you said Ranjith, if people want to, they'll find a way.

LockSign in to reply to this thread