I want to custom register my blog. Give me some tips

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

My blog has been up for 4 years now. I think it is high time a got it registered. I tried direct registration through blogger, unfortunately that is not possible without a credit card. I am not knowledgeable about this issue. Can someone guide me?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes, me too. Though its been discussed a lot earlier, still I am not able to decide.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

you can use your debit cards also

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It was rejected. I own a vijaya bank debit card. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

1. Go to any domainhosting provider like hastgator, hostmonster, dreamhost or bigrock .. I am using host mosnter and big rock and like bigrock much much more than hostmoster which is the biggest in the world.

2. There, search for the domain name you wanna have with the suffix (.com / .in etc ) .. For ex if you are in big rock, it will tell u whether the domain name is available or not and the rates .. usually rates are high for .com and low for .in (rs 99 per year)

3. Once you found a domain name which suits u and service provider both .. go ahead give your details and buy. Thats it if you just want a custom domain name for your blogger etc blog. Your url will get active in 5-6 hrs and then you can point your blogger blog to it by changing the custom domain name settings. 

-----

4. If you want a self hosted one then you will need to buy webhosting too. for this the service provider will ask you. typically, buy the linux plan for 1 website with unlimited data usage. It will be abt rs 170 per month. 

5. Once you got your domain hosting plan, open the control panel of ur account. Now you need to install CMS (Content Management System) .. it can be Wordpress/ Joomla etc 

----

6. Suppose you chose wordpress, install it.  Give your wordpress admin credentials which you will be using later for admin access. make basic configurations and you are live in another 2 hours. 

7. Wordpress comes as default theme which is currently 2011. If you want another theme, you will need to install it. You can choose a free theme or a paid one which comes between $30 - $60 one time. Go to themeforest or related sites and buy your theme and then install it. 

8. Customize .. be busy for a week and then your site will be up in full capacity. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Credit card is not must .. you can use net banking

LockSign in to reply to this thread