Placement of meta tags for individual posts in blogger html

Anita Mokashi
Anita Mokashi
from Sunnyvale, CA
11 years ago

Hi All

I had a query regarding placement of metatag for individual posts on blogger html.I recently started adding meta tags in blogger html. First i added the homepage description meta tag under <head> in html.Then i posted individual metatag below homepage meta tag. but now my individual post also shows the homepage description.Can anyone suggest where should i place the individual post meta tag so that google can read its description rather than homepage description for all posts?

Thanks

Anita

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

What are the metatags you are using ? 

Anita Mokashi
Anita Mokashi
from Sunnyvale, CA
11 years ago

meta tags like blog url, description and keywords

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

There is a meta which forces each page to render the description which is given inside this particular meta... was wondering if you have put that 

Anita Mokashi
Anita Mokashi
from Sunnyvale, CA
11 years ago

I Dont know abt that...where will i find it?

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
11 years ago

Some Suggesting, Dont waste your time adding Meta tags, Description to your post as Google and other major search engines are not taking it, they are being just ignored.

Google will crawl your post and automatically assing Description,tags to the post.

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

i find that other searches are actually consistently picking up seach descriptions and meta tags entered in the blogger dashboard, while google results are still inconsistent. some pages they do, some they dont. one day, they do, the next day they dont. my guess is that there are ongoing tweaks to how they are apllying/rolling out the new algorithm and the cached tags they are reading at google search. curious if anyone else is also noticing this.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
11 years ago

Google will choose to use or not use meta description in search results based on several parameters, the seary query being one of the key factors. If the meta description is relevant to search query, then the meta description could be displayed in the SERP snippets.

It is important to use proper meta description in blogs.

LockSign in to reply to this thread