How many times have you thought of quitting blogging?

Rahul
Rahul
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Does stuff ever get discouraging while blogging?Lack of motivation,lack of readers,lack of comments,lack of ideas?What do you think is the most painful thing for any blogger?What causes the most frustration?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

The path to creation has to necessarily be paved with suffering. Dejection and self doubt are integral to any creative activity.

Rahul
from Kolkata
11 years ago

That can make a great movie line...;-)

Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I wish Indiblogger had a like button, I would have definitely liked that comment TF!

Nirati
Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Lack of  motivation, writer's block, frustration, self doubt, thinking your writing is shit :P .. All of that, and so much more! 

I've deleted 7 published posts once :/ And have come close to deleting my blog 2x, but haven't .. 

Rahul
from Kolkata
11 years ago

What keeps you going then?

Kriti Trivedi
Kriti Trivedi
from Bhopal
11 years ago

Iam already not a very active blogger but I have certainly made a consistency of at least 1 post per month and doing that since almost 2005. So never thought of quitting as such as I know i will come back. Yes No of Visitors and comments make me feel good and incourage but their absense dosent depresses me as more or less I write what i think and speak so Its meeting with me. And how could i miss a meeting with a wonderful person like me :D.Yes you can say I write for myself first.CoolThough when some/all of my written part vanishes (due to light or net disconnect) or definately irritates me 

Rahul
from Kolkata
11 years ago

:-) Ahh...system glitches..yep they do tend to get on one's nerves...

Gunjan R Sonar
Gunjan R Sonar
from Nasik
11 years ago

The best unique content but no traffic or good traffic but no earning from the blog,  can cause the biigest frustration...... 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

People will real passion won't think about earnings. Most of the people who blog for earnings are ones reproducing second hand stuff and calling themselves bloggers.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Earnings are the perks that (might) come along your way as a result of your hard work and dedication and you need to have a lot of patience for that. In essence - You earn because you blog. It should never be the other way round otherwise it can cause you more harm than good.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Though I have never thought of quitting, but I've seen many go and it's really sad when that happens... Lack of time, may be.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Lack of time is what they say. But what it means is that blogging does not figure high on priority against other competing activities for your time - which means the passion is gone. 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Valid point TF, a break is still good to take once in a while but to break out completely is quite disappointing to say the least.

LockSign in to reply to this thread