Use Google alerts to find inspiration for blogging

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

I find Google alerts an invaluable tool to keep up with anything - the field of blogging, personalities, or even IndiBlogger itself.

If you have a blog about a cartain topic, create an alert for it and Google will do the rest - reporting the latest information on that topic to you so that you're always on top of things. For example, if you have a blog about Indian Cooking, create an alert for the keyword "Curry". Or if your blog's name is "Killikooba.com", then set an alert for "killikooba" so that any mention of your blog is immediately reported to you by Google.

Does anyone else here use Google Alerts? If not, you should!

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I have been using Google alert for the past couple of years. Only for profesional purtposes though. That it could help me with blogging never occurred to me. Thanks.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Yup its freaking cool!

Arun
Arun
from Trivandrum
15 years ago

Recently i had a chat with one of experienced blog in the niche make money blogging. He has suggested that google alerts is an inevitable to find new topics and know what is happening with regard to a particular sector or section.

Naveen Roy
Naveen Roy
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Yeah, true Google alerts gives men ideas

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Nice idea .. I use weekly prompts and memes for my blog ... and participating regularly in them has earned me few good blog readers too ..

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Seems good. I'll try this out for sure!

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I use Google Alerts not for inspiration but as support and verification of the ideas I write about.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I thought that Renie has started a thread all of a sudden after so many years! Sealed

Coming to the topic, I feel that it is a cumberssome thing and we would be fcacing information overload!

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

LOL, even I thought so and was wondering why this topic is not made stickyUndecided

Anyway, nice thought it is.

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

Thanks Renie,i have done it !

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Ha ha... I was confused myself until I saw it - 3 years ago! Looks like Mickey has been using the forum search to dig up old threads! Smile

I still use Google alerts... but I've had to narrow them down and use quotes to keep the results more relevant. I certainly won't recommend using the keyword "curry" anymore!

LockSign in to reply to this thread