Free advertising coupons from FB - Whats the deal?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

FB has sent me a message saying they are giving me Rs. 1500 worth of couposn to advertise my FB fan page? Anyone else got it?  Is it useful for blogs? Any ideas on how best to use it?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

I too got that. I even tried using it, but it requires an online transaction of INR 0.0

Though I never used it, cause advertising on Fb wouldn't really help in promoting my blog. 

But I guess content specific blogs, specially cooking, photography etc can gain a lot from Fb promotions. 

Bala Yogesh
Bala Yogesh
from Chennai
11 years ago

I got it as well...Would be a lot useful if we have a FB page..

But Unlike Google ads..this requires CC details..only after which we can enter our coupon code..

was worth it though

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks Ritwik and Bala. I am a bit hesitiant to share credit card details. I do have a FB page. But I am wordering if  it would help me who has a story/poetry blog.

Bala Yogesh
from Chennai
11 years ago

Well..All I can say is that it's worth it..At least in case of my page..it worked..and I know many ppl who had tried their luck with FB credits and were tasted a bit of success but FB ads is not effective as Google adwords

And btw..If u add ur CC details..U will be charged $1 which will be reversed automatically..

and also remember to set the maximum budget in ur ads if u create one to INR 1500 else..u will be charged in a real deal

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

The Fool, I used it quite successfully. In the promo period (while using that 1500) I got about 40-50 new Likes. I registered my CC with lowest limit. I just tell you that FB charges in dollars, so you would have to calculate the converted amount before hand; it will help you in putting your upper limit of expected expenditure.

I was debited some 6dollars in addition to free 1500 rupees. It's worth giving a shot...

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
11 years ago

But they do not let you move without giving the CC informaton or am I missing something?

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Just realised its a 2months old thread. Wink

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

FB ad for bloggers, especially creative writing and opinion, translates poorly to results. To some extent promoted posts pull in some engagement, but facebook is not the right platform for link promotion anyway. With paid likes, if you can get a 10% engagement, I would say you are doing good. That is not what FB will say though.

LockSign in to reply to this thread