Need a major category for Arts.

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

And sub categories as Stories, poems, essays, paintings etc...

It is more or less a crime to call art as sub category of entertainment. The purpose of art is not entertainment.  Entertainment is one of the many goals it can achieve.

Including humour as subcategory in offbeat and personal is only humorous. Because what do we do when we need to seriously laugh about the everyday official affairs? We can't call it offbeat and personal. Can we? We can't put humour under anything. Because eveything comes under humour.

These are my humble suggestions. I hope you agree.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Request to use the below thread for this discussion.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=10245

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Or use this.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=10759

Let us continue already raised topics on existing threads to consolidate discussions in one place.

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Both the topics which are discussed here do not speak what I want to say.

Both the topics only ask for necessity of new categories. What I wish to say can't be said as a comment to it because it needs discussion. If I just said I need a category for arts, it can be added as a comment. But here I ask for taking art from entertainment and why explains why it must be done. Similar is the case with humour also.

This is a possible confusion but we can generate topics within topics. Here I want to generate a topic from another topic.

The point must be whether there is enough to discuss about  a comment or not.

If there are enough points to be discussed about a comment, it is better to post it as new topic.

So I believe this topic must stay.

You can start another topic taking only humour into concern. Nothing wrong in it.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I still feel it is the same. But I leave folks to decide whether they want consolidated discussions on the other threads or discuss specifically here.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Jayan, I think Arti's thread is the one where you need to put in your suggestion. Hemalbhai (a fellow Indipolice), and Arti have taken pains to make that Google spreadsheet and tried to include as many newer topics on Indivine without cluttering it. So please forward any suggestions you have on that thread.

LockSign in to reply to this thread