Discrimination at 5-star hotels

Rachit
Rachit
from Delhi
11 years ago

Have you ever faced discrimination at a 5-star hotel. I had a harrowing experience recently at The Oberoi, New Delhi. I was on my bike and I was treated like dirt. I tried to fight but to no avail. I was there for official work so I didn't want to make it worse and I gave in. But this kind of behavious ir not done. 

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Link
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Was it the security or the hotel staff?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I was discriminated against on Emirates flight. After that I decided I will never take Emirates flight again. I was very thirsty and the steward(a white skinned fellow) did not turn up at all. After lot of bell ringing he finally came with a small glass of water. That was not enough and I asked for more. He pointed to the tap at the end and told me if I want water I can walk up to the take it myself. 

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

TF, why accuse Emirates. I had similar experience on Air India flight. Every time I asked water, that aunty used to give me that nanny look that after two attempts, I could not dare to ask for it.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

But Air India is supposed to be government airlines where everyone knows quality of service. Emirates is supposed to be world class service and everyone goes gaga about Emirates. 

Not like I was asking him for alcohol. It was just water.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

While traveling in India, I do not stay at 5-star hotels; I stay at cheaper hotels. There, I have come across a great many that do not allow foreigners. I always find this very curious for two reasons: 1) Where are foreigners supposed to stay, if not at hotels, while travelling? 2) Why are these hotels limiting their income by refusing people who are willing to pay them?

Rachit
Rachit
from Delhi
11 years ago

We have weird people here. We're big racists. Forget about being racist against foreigners, we're racist against each other.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

Interesting story. I had an experience on Indian Airways. I asked for a glass of water and it never turned up depite the air hostess being Indian. No wonder its one of the worst airlines in the world. Try flying Virgin, they will treat you like royalty. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread