Locked Indirank Thread => August 2012

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Discussion can go on lines of (well, not that is a absolutely adhered to, of course): 

1.  What change you are expecting from previous IndiRank? (inc or dec)
  2.  Had a good blogging month? (activity helps you, you see!)

And after (whenever) the IndiRank is announced/updated, we can use this same thread for 

1. Discussing what IndiRank you have got. (and/or the difference from prev. time)
  2. Any problems shown in your stats. (No feed, wrong MozRank, etc.)
  3. Just fun discussions! (though this usually transpires without a call for it!)

Cheers! Tongue out

Status: It's out, but not a very big hurrah from my side anyways..

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Changing the title
1-20
21-34
Replies 1 to 20 of 34 Descending
Solo Backpacker
Solo Backpacker
from New Delhi
11 years ago

my blog's IndiRank is 81...not expecting any dec...however, it may remain same.Undecided...just waiting n watching..

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

Life unfurled presently has 80. Might drop considerably.

Impressions myt get a rank of 60-70. Fun blogging with BAT, Haiku Heights along with the september month and all. 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiRank is going to be delayed this month, the Mozrank guys have changed their API code. Frown

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Btw, hope you do something about Alexa also this time. Instead of taking my nice .in Alexa rank, the horrible .com alexa was considered last time.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I thought till today that API would be updated in a way that wouldn't affect existing applications! Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago
If you're a current user of the API, don't fret, you'll get all of the increases in performance and awesomeness of Mozscape without changing a thing. Cool, huh?

Doesn't that mean that the old code should still work?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

And here is the answer: We've recently made a change to our URL Metrics API. Previously, it was possible to get a default set of metrics returned when no bit flags were specified. It is now necessary to specify the metrics you wish to have returned and we will no longer return these defaults. You may see empty responses { } unless you specify which metrics you would like returned

Conflicting statements! Innocent

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Precisely! We changed the code quick enough, but it looks like they have also reduced the number of urls we can query per batch. We used to do it in batches of 5000, now it's been throttled to 200. Which means calculating Mozrank for 30000 bloggers will take days unless they do something about it soon! Frown

Kedar
Kedar
from Vadodara
11 years ago

1. inc2. yep... I enjoy photography so I always get something for my photo-blog [http://photography.nitty-witty.com ] and ofcourse I always have something to say in my quotes blog [http://ilike.nitty-witty.com/] !Well I couldn't get time to post my other blogs but surely will have to take out time :)

let's see what've got here!

Nishant Kumar
Nishant Kumar
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Since this .com & .in business has come along on blogspot, my Alexa rank has gone missing. And what has followed is a downgrade in the rankings

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

My "Latest Information 4 U" blog is just a month old.

Global 977,623 Global Rank  India Flag 62,497 Rank in IN 

Is that a good sign ?

Kedar
from Vadodara
11 years ago

Where did you find this Sampath?

Kedar
Kedar
from Vadodara
11 years ago

still waiting....

I'm still expecting a drop. Haven't blog in 2 months. From like a 1000 views per month to just 80-100 views. Sad, But I'm back now! Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Indi rank is finally out and my Alexa problem has been corrected and I have a career best rank of 87

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Wowieee! You truly deserve that rank, Congrats TF! Now can we get one smiley from you? :)
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Congrats, TF. Your determination to turn preset topics into springboards for creativity is manifesting in more ways than one.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks, Arti. I don't know. I just can't get myself to use smileys, though is just a click. Maybe when I see you on chat.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks Subhorup.Glad you liked my contest entries.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You stand alone, TF!! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Hmm, for the smiley.. I will come. Remember the deal :)
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Thats the best possible rank for a regular blog, I guess. Many Congrats and I hope you stay there!
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

SmileCongrats TF.high & mighty you are.

I just cannot fathom why my rank has slipped from 80 to 71,i hope you techies can throw some light on it.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Congratzz TF ..Greaat JOB :) It was well deserved.

Mine decreased from 83 to 70 ;( ..I am not sure how this indi rank works now..Moz Rank increased, Alexa rank decreased significantly, freq of posting was same...Only thing changed was Last update..Is this one single factor that big? Any Ideas

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Seems to be a dip in mozrank and Juice passing links from July to Aug. Indirank dipped from 84 to 74!!! Now what I cannot understand is the following stats

June  Moz Rank : 2.3 Alexa : 1.39 Million Juice Passing Links : 3 Indirank : 79

Aug Moz Rank : 3.61 Alexa : 758.55 K Juice Passing Links : 57 Indirank : 74

August is much better than June in every way and posting has been uniformly good all through but Indirank is 5 points lower. This mystery element in Indirank determination is a bit too mysterious for me :)

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Indirank does work in mysterious ways! Hope it picks up again next time around.
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

CS your blog is certainly better than what the rank connotes.Even i am sorely disappointed with my rankCry

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
11 years ago

Very strange ranking...

Both of my blogs ranking dipped. This is weird because for both of the blogs, statistics improved.

Computer And You:

Indi Rank: from 87 to 75

Moz Rank: from 4.59 to 4.63

Alexa Rank: 208K to 164K

External Juice Passing link from 558 to 651

Frequency of posting and Last update are the same...

It's F.O.S.S.

Indi Rank: from 82 to 74

Moz Rank: from 3.33 to 4.19

Alexa Rank: 545K to 390K

External Juice Passing link from 37 to 54

Frequency of posting and Last update are the same (i,e Vrey Good and Recent)

I wonder what went wrong ??

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Something seems strange. Subho's Jejune Diet went from 85 to 65, with Moz Rank going from3.92 to 3.87, Alexa Rank from 228 to 230, but External Juice Passing links from 200 to 368, frequency of posting unchanged, but last post being detected two weeks ago. Some bug somewhere, I guess.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Looks like everyone's rank went down but only mine went up. Hope my rank is the correct one. 87 is too good to be true. My Moz rank went from 4.41 to 4.53. My Alexa has been 9 M due to some .in, .com confusion. Now it seems to bre resolved and it is at 653 K. Juice passing went from 214 to 259.

fool , i think its due to series of posts on blog. cheers

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Looks like everyone's rank went down but only mine went up. 

time to take up a more suitable name TF.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Mine is at 71, Thanks to my feed problem. A bit heartbreaking for me :'(
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Mmm! Arti! As though you need Indirank for people to visit and love your blog :)

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Very sweet of you to say that CS but really speaking that is not the case... :(
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Feed problem not yet solved? This might be your lowest rank?!
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Arti your rank is not a mirror of your blog-which is far better.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Very kind of you to say that Induji, same applies to you as well. Travelling in the same boat as you gives me a lot of comfort and joy. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

DS, not the lowest... I had made my debut in the 60's Cool And my feed problem is still not solved Undecided

yo Arti ji, next rank would recover.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

out of the 80s I go, and for a dip in MozRank only. even though my Alexa has become better, the crawler seems to say I've become worse in that too. sad.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
It will rise again Poet!! Dont fret.

From 85 to 75 :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

My individual stats became better but my rank dropped!

Sudha Ganapathi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Mine too ! Dropped from 82 to 74 :-(

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
11 years ago

For my Desi Traveler blog it is steadily declining every  month from 78 ( April May June) to 76 July and now 75 in august..... while I have been more regular in posting as well as the no of page hits has also increased. What am I doing wroing? Cry The number of FB follower has also increased to from 25 to 85 .... I sure need to understand this better... Experts please give some gyan 

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Back to 83... I am happy.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Happy for you Faridaji, Congratulations! Smile

congo's farida ji

1-20
21-34