How about a Secret Blogging Community?

Hanish
Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

I am planning to create a secret blogging community of 10 members who can collaboratively help each other at every step of blogging. This will include reviewing, promoting and help each other really improve. I believe that sharing is a very important aspect of blogging. What I've also learnt is that when communities become as big as IndiBlogger people tend to forget why they were here in the first place leading to activities like promotion without reading the posts which I find really retarted.

The bloggers I want to include in this little community should be just amazing in their writing. I don't care if the blogs get a millions hits of just a couple of hits a day, I want them be just amazing in the kind of content they carry. Once I am able to find these 10 bloggers I will startegize future plans. As a starting point I can assure you that what I have in mind simply crazy.

I know how new bloggers struggle every day to get a few hits. Hence I am calling everyone who think they have a blog that can stand out. The blog can of of any category, from any location. I am really looking out for diversity in these 10 bloggers.

Hence, if you are interested, please comment with your blog addresses. I will review them personally and any further communication will happen through IndiMail.

Cheers,

Hanish

UPDATE : No need to enter your blog links. I'll hunt them down through your profiles. Just leave a comment.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Asked users to enter their blog links which is apparently against the forum rules. Corrections have now been made.
Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

hi hanish,

your idea seems interesting.

here is the link to my blog,if i could be of any help...

http://asteriascanvass.blogspot.in/

Im quite new to indiblogger but not new to writing.

regards

ratika

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Doctor, No links in the forum please!!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Add him to your network and send him blog links by personal message if you like.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Please add me in your network so that I can get in touch.

Hanish
Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

I have acted upon it. Thanks for enlightening me on the rules.

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

I am in. I would nominate my blog: Impressions for it.

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

im sorry....i wasnt aware of this....

will be careful next time

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

hanish

how do i delete my blog link from thr thread

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Cool down Doc!! You cant delete individual replies.

Abhishek Ghosh
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Shoot an email to indiblogger.in/contact/

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Hanish - Best of luck for your venture. But in the past 3-4 bloggers came like this and announced schemes and asked for bloggers to join them. Then they disappeared. Not sure if it was because they found enough bloggers or some other reason. No idea if they implemented their idea and anyone benefitted. 

And in your model, I don't think it is a good idea to invite different kinds of bloggers. Better for bloggers of same genre to come together. There is no common ground between bloggers of different genre. Anyway its your call. All the best.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Diversity is something that helps us understand different academic disciplines. I have a friend who writes on philosophy. He read an article on irrationality (which is completely based on economics) on my blog and guess what? The next thing he did was write a blog explaining the reason behind irrationality using what he learnt in philosophy. I was able to give irrationality a completely different treatment after I attended a marketing conference where one speaker briefly spoke about how unreasoned human actions are which can hence be exploited. These are just two examples. Diversity encourages ideas, more specifically newer ideas. On the other hand people from the same academic disciplines can't contribute much because all of them are from the same field and hence probably know the same things. The best ideas emerge when diverse minds meet.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Also, I don't know about others. I have a few ideas in my mind which I am looking forward to implement. I am just a normal blogger like what you are. I was really surprised when I added an IndiVine post which linked nowhere and still there were people promoting it. Funny.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

See diverse thinkers are fine. But you have cookery bloggers and tech bloggers whose priorities are totally different and I don't see what they can contribute to say a philosophy blogger.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

You may call me optimistic.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Why secret? Why not be open and help each other openly? You will automatically find the ones to your liking and form groups and communities

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Plus your experiences will help everyone out there on how to do stuff.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

You don't understand. Think again, you just might :)

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Greetings from the larger lunacy, Harish. I was reminded of the classic Monty Python set about the funniest joke in the world while reading this thread. Look it up on Youtube if you are interested. At the crux of human conflict is the sense of I am right, you are wrong, let us be different from the others. That is how religions work. Almost all of them claim that theirs is the way, and that all those who follow other ways are, well, doomed. The good thing about this idea here is that it is secret. That way no one will ever come to know. Moreover, it is crazy, so it does not have to keep up any appearances. And since it is secret, it will not even appear to those who are not in on it. All the best, Harish. I'm going to be in on this even if the ark is full, as a matter of fact, I have always been in, just that no one knew.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

I am impressed with thy writing skills :)

Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

That was the secret idea!! However, my reading skills are obviously below par; apologies for getting your name wrong, Hanish.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

There are many blogging syndicates like this who work together promoting each other blog. I would be interested in this scheme. Kindy get in touch. 

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Please add me in your network so that I can get in touch.

Siddharth Gupta
Siddharth Gupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Definitely Ageerd with the idea. Do Count me in.

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago
This is one great idea. Limited people means we can know each other better and also help each other in promoting blogs successfully. ' I would like to be part of it, I have added you to my network. Let me know the 'what abouts' through indimail.
Hanish
Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

I am glad that some of you like the idea. I have already started reading a few blogs. I'll probably wait another day for more people to join. Expect my IndiMails on Monday :)

Rajesh Asarpota
Rajesh Asarpota
from Dubai
11 years ago

Not regular, I write when I feel like... But always game to learn something new.. Let me know...

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Please add me in your network so that I can contact you.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@hanish

I do understand ,and that is precisely I said so. Secrecy will get you a lot of yes men and a few critics but will it serve the purpose?

Think again,

You are trying to create a new Secret community because you do not like the concept of Indiblogger promotion. 

What I basically see happenig is that you and the other 9 "Selected" bloggers will start promoting each other without really caring about quality as you wil be a group and that is sort of mandated that you promote each other.I do not think that is a viable solution. 

In case you plan to share blogging tips, you will be defeating the whole concept of blogging because you intend to keep your knowledge within the "Select" 10.

If i were to share my experiences I would keep an open session and would know that the ones close to me would attend and many more wh wish to attend can also join in.

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Chillout.

Siddharth Deshpande
Siddharth Deshpande
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Hanish,

I'm interested. I've added you to my network.

--

cheers.

Solo Backpacker
Solo Backpacker
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Hi Hanish..I write travel blogs..let me know if I can join this group..

Hanish
from Earth
11 years ago

Please add me in your network to ease future communication.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I was chilled out...did you feel otherwise?

LockSign in to reply to this thread