How To Create Menus on Blogger Blog?

Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi friends,

I am a new blogger on blogger.com and have started posting articles. Initially a simple format was sufficient, but now I want to make it more impressive and well organized.

How can I create menus on the blog ? Menus such as Home, About us, Theme 1, Theme 2, .....Contact Us, etc. I want to stick to blogger instead of moving to other platforms such as wordpress. Please advise.

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Yatin, 

I found the option'Pages' Under My Blogs section. Thanks

Can you guide me further?

Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I chose the option show pages as and chosen "Top Tabs". Based on my poor knowledge, I managed it and I could see the "home page" tab. 

However, other tabs or menus are not available. 

Please guide me whenever time permits. 

Thanks for your help so for. Appreciate you for the same. 

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago

add a new page o'er there 

Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Yatin, 

I am not intending to create new page, but just want to create tabs like "Personal Finance", "Self Improvement", etc. When someone clicks on it all articles/content relating that will be displayed in breif summaries. 

Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Yatin, 

I understood yuor point. Thanks. 

However, how can I organize my content in such a way that it is categorized under different headings or themes ? Please advise

I am planning to have tabs for each theme and when I click on the Theme say "Self Improvement" I should a list of articles under that theme. I've seen this in other blogs. 

I've seen some activity or visitors in the blog but the design and look needs to improve a lot.......would appreciate your help to make it better and well organized. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I think I understood what you meant. There are two ways to do it. One is manullay and the other automatically. To make the process automatic, you need to tag all your posts properly (this includes tagging posts already written with the categories under which you wish to file your posts). You then need to add some HTML code gadget  which will include the category names linked to the corresponding tag search pages.

The other way is to do it manually. You should create a new page for each of the categories like self improvement and so on. You will need to update these pages whenever you publish a new post with links to your new posts.

The first way is aesier because whenever a new post is published to categorise your article, you just need to tag it properly. But teh second one is more advantageous since you can control what your readers should see i.e. if you think that one of your post in a particular category is a must read, then you can ensure that it is always the first visible post.

Choose which of these you want and I will guide you further. Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here are examples of teh two ways of organising blog posts into categories.

Type 1: AUtomatic http://myyatradiary.blogspot.in  You can see the menu on teh top. Clcik on a category and you will see posts which have been tagged with that particular category. The post are in reverse chronological order. If you would like to make a partcular post in a category to be vsiible to the user first, it is a difficult thing.

Type 2: Manual http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.in Click the categories on the top. Each of them leads you to a page which can be customised in whichever way you want. But, each time you publish a post, you need to update the corresponding page manually.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Sorry for the hundreds of typographical errors. :(

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I wanted to know something similar, was familiar with the tags, but still thanks for the links and explanation

Sridhar
Sridhar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks Ranjith. You are bang on target. I am looking to organize blogs posts in an automatic fashion with proper menus.

For now I want to use the 'Automatic' option where I can post articles, tag them (label them) and it goes in to the right category (or categories).

I saw the yatra dairy blog, which is neatly organized and has interesting content too. Good work.

I have a few queries, if you can help me it ll be great.

Can one article go in to two or more categories/menus ?

How to create the menus? (You mentioned some HTML code gadget) I'm not familar with HTML, but if you gude me I can try to do it once, and follow it for the next few menus.

Yatin: Thanks for sharing the link. I'm reading it and trying to incorpate it as well.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I saw your blog. It looks that your posts are already tagged and you have the menu on the top similar to what exists on arti's blog. If you are looking for a drop down menu with categories and subcategories and the background design for the menu, have a look at this page. It contains some menu examples with the code. If you are able to understand it, go ahead, otherwise choose a design and reply here. I will help you further. Link: http://bdlab.blogspot.com/2011/01/17-drop-down-menu-widget-in-blogger.html

D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
11 years ago

Here is a detailed article on my blog readitt, how to add menu categories to your blogger blog.

http://www.readitt.in/2011/10/add-categories-to-blogger-in-30-seconds.html

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

A HUUUGE THANKS TO ALL MY BENEFACTORS WHO HELPED ME TO MAKE MY PAGES AGAIN Laughing

lOVE YOU ALL!

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

I had posted my query on another topic but i got my help from here too!!!!!!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread