Is it right for the qualified professionals to go for exams not meant for them

Ankit Gupta
Ankit Gupta
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

In context to professionals appearing for job in the clerical cadre.

I realize that many of the unstructured problems within the country have created a havoc and even over qualified people are applying for under qualified jobs. I am not a government's policy maker, but I feel that something is going extreme wrong. Having said that, Even if I put all blame to unemployment, recession and job security, I see that the banks, the government and largely, we the professionals are eating someone else's bread.  We can still cook our food if we try to come out of our comfort zones, but making claim's on somebody's else work appears impartial. Per se, Any day I can try to do better in something for which i am better trained and qualified than somebody who's not graced by God.

There are people who need these jobs more than the ones who apply for. I may sound as if i do not need one that is why i am making vague assertions. It may also be noted that doing job just because you need a platform to begin is no good justice you do to the deserving people. You may have a right to get into some job, but you are certainly no force to make someone else deprived of it. Even if he holds merit, your over qualification kills his ambition... -What do I do with my 12th class pass newspaper boy who has appeared in clerical exam thrice, but has failed because a BE, MBA , and a B.CA took his job-What do I do with the lady who cuts the grass outside my home?. She has a girl who has studied till 12th, and can't afford any education further. Can she ever compete an MBA in interview?-How do I convince people who involve into becoming waiters, tea makers, hawkers and street addicts, just because they do not qualify to major exams and minor ones are getting tough to crack? Are we creating an imbalance?? Why does every needs a secured government or banking job. Just that when the government was being kind on the salaries with sixth pay commission, the privates were busy in right sizing by pink slips. This will never be a permanent solution, the supply and demand issues will always stay... 

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: link edited
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Request you to remove the link within the next hour, failing which this thread will be deleted.

Ankit Gupta
Ankit Gupta
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

I Didnt get you... 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are not supposed to promote your posts on general forums. Normally I would delete such threads without notice as a moderator. But since topic seems fine, if you remove link and request to read your blog, I can let the thread remain for discussion.

Ankit Gupta
Ankit Gupta
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

i am travelling, can you please help me on this. just to remove the link and resubmit it. my apologies for brevity and request

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It is fine. Thanks for complying. But requesting someone to read a blog post in general forums is against blog rules. I missed a 'the' in my reply to you and it has changed the meaning to just its opposite. Sorry for that.  But discussion should be within the forum here. Whenever you get net access again, please update that as well. 

Ankit Gupta
Ankit Gupta
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

Thanks

Ankit Gupta
Ankit Gupta
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

But that is resulting in cyclic problems, i believe. Somehow people are rushing to government jobs

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I think you are misiing the larger picture here, it is a simple demand and supply system and pure markets are into play. People are rushing to government jobs? I do not think that itself is a right assertion.

It all depends on what private sector has to offer, when economy is bad people go for security when it is good people go for growth. It is pure economics

When we talk about protecting the uneducated etc etc we are talking about more reservations, on the contrary i would argue that an engineer is unable to get a suitable job anywhere and is forced to become a Peon, he struggeled hard to get a degree and maybe also took a loan ,how does that make him less suitable than someone who possibly was never interested in studies or the struggle and left education after 10th?

People can hold only 1 job at a time...if a engineer is ready to work as a Peon it reflects on the Bad state of the economy and in no way reflects bad on the Engineer.

Another point i would like to make is that Gaining skills that are required by the market are mandatory not optional. If your 12th class paper boy sees that there are way too many paper boys around he better get some more skills if he wants to grow ,that is how economy works and that is how labor force productivity goes up

If we try and alter teh natural course of the market we will end up creating a lethargic economy with no increases in productivity and hence fail to ever become a developed nation.We will end up creating reservations with No incentives for anyone to improve

LockSign in to reply to this thread