Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

***************Update***********************

We have done it guys :) Project #50Voices , Poetry #Someday released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrkJ3FwrkI

**************end Update***********************

Hi All,

Recently I started working on an experiment where 50 people will come together to record 1 poetry.

Here is how it will work:

1. Every person will be given 1 line of a poem
  2. The person will record his/her line(with his/her video speaking it) from his/her home and send it to me
  3. I will collate all lines ,create a single poem and add some music

We already have around 25 volunteers Via my FB page. If you guys are interested , please do comment below or on my facebook page(Link in my blog)

The poem chosen for this is titled "Someday"

PS: I have never done this before and have no idea if it will work. It is an experiment for me too . If we are able to pull it off..It will be beautiful and yes pretty cool ;)

So who is in? 

We are starting in a day or 2

Update , I am freezing any more entries tonight so anyone who wants to be a part should comment by 8:00 PM. I will assign a line to everyone who registered here or on the FB page and post instructions for recording by midnight.

It would be great if you all can send me the files in a day or 2, it will not take more than 10 mins of yourtime. I plan to collate all this weekend and release by sunday

Update::

Project 50 Voices:starts

Here is the poem with lines assigned to everyone

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An-wfCh_M8h1dGlHLWF6TjJqLVFlRWZhLUdibk9HNnc

Please send in your recordings by 4th Nov :). Lets make it awesome .

Instructions:

1: Find the line assigned to you, everyone should have 1 line

2. Comment below that you received a line and will record it by 4th Nov

3. Listen to the Someday Video at "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx5QSL4GoA" to see the the one line that you will record. You can chose to use your own emotions but please do stick to the tone and timing

4: Sit/Stand in front a camera or webcam and record yourself saying the line

5. Sound Quality :VVVV Important: Record Indoors, Sit/stand near the camera and SWITCH OFF any FAN/AC/COOLER. If I have to work ony audio enhancements i will not be able to do it if there is Fan/Cooler/AC static voice in the back Ground

6. Email your Video file to poetryforgood@gmail.com 

7.The files should be named as lineNo_Name_Location eg 1_madhur_Hyderabad_India

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: edits
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
11 years ago

If eligible, I am in!

Count me in !!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Not me, unless the poem is something like midsummer night's dream and you have some donkey character in the poem.

Nitisha Pandey
Nitisha Pandey
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

I am in. :)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

cool:)..

@TF..LOL.someday buddy :)

Update , I am freezing any more entries tonight so anyone who wants to be a part should comment by 8:00 PM. I will assign a line to everyone who registered here or on the FB page and post instructions for recording by midnight.

It would be great if you all can send me the files in a day or 2, it will not take more than 10 mins of yourtime. I plan to collate all this weekend and release by sunday

I am in too... never done something like this before.. looks fun

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Waiting for your recording :)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Guys Project has been launched, Please check the update in the decription.

We need the recordings by 4th november. Shoudl not take more than 10 misn of your time :)

Once you send your poem, please reply here

Nitisha Pandey
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

Hi Madhur,

Will the video clarity be of great importance? I mean My lappy doesn't have a webcam and my camer is only of 2MP. Will it do? 

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

No Nitisha, Video Quality is not very important ,Just make sure sound is clear and there is no disturbance:).I will take care of the video :)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

just to reword myself: Yes a 2 MP camera will be perfectly OK. Voice is more important than Video..

Also we do not need any full shots, just your face and shoulders will also do. DO not worry much about teh video, I can crop it and do some editing. Audio is something beyond my control

PS:This is an experiment and I have no Idea how it will turn out to be. There are 100s of things that can go wrong but hopefully we will be able to manage. 

Got it and will be done Smile

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

got your recording :) Thank you

Nitisha Pandey
Nitisha Pandey
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

Sent you the recording. 

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
11 years ago

Commendable job Madhur! Thanks for bringing the blogging world together :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread