One review a day

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

No,  I am not reviewing blogs .. I do not need to as long as awesome reviewers like The Fool and Captain are here. 

I went to the Blog review section of the forum. There are countless blogs without a single review. Can we try to make it a point to visit the section once in a while and review atleast 1 new blog every week?

I am sure it will go a long way in strengthening the already strong bond which we have. It will also help newbie bloggers like me who have benifitted a lot from the opinion of fellow bloggers. 

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Purnendu, I agree. A review a day can help a lot. Let me see if I can contribute atleast that much to the review section. Innocent

Purnendu, I disagree. You are definitely NOT a newbie blogger UndecidedTongue out

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

C'mon ! There are veterans here .. compared to them, am a newbie :P

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

To be honest, the kind of reviews I do takes time and I see that as the way to really add value to a blogger. So I started it. But that takes lot of time and can't be done one a day or even one a week every week. The reviews in Indi are usually about glancing at the blog or maybe a post and saying "nice one". And frankly, in terms of advice there isn't much to say about a newly started blog. You can copy paste any generic blogging advice and that will be true for a new blog.  A blog begins to develop a character only when it has been around for 6 months.

Just saying "nice one" encourages people maybe but appreciating everyone is same as appreciating no one. If you say I am a great blogger and tomorrow I find the same comment from you on a blog that looks obviously lousy to me, I don't value your comment any more.

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Very true.. but I still think the newbies should not feel ignored. Good or bad, even a speed review will do good. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
8 years ago

Reviving this ...

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I've reviewed enough blogs to say that most people don't seem to care even to acknowledge or reply. However, compared to a year or two, few people have the potential to push for making a great and versatile content beyond just writing if they wanted to, but I doubt they would at least for now. Most criticisms are common anyways. It's more convenient for indiblogger to have updated tips and how to basics so that people can follow it and improve rather than reviewing blogs in general. If bloggers genuinely want to improve, they should make efforts to do so themselves by researching and observing other sites in most cases rather than waiting for someone to tell them. 

Purnendu
from Pune
8 years ago

I agree to most of it, but lets say it is just a way to give back to the blogging community :)

It's more convenient for indiblogger to have updated tips and how to basics so that people can follow it and improve rather than reviewing blogs in general.

+1, coz mostly in Reviews section, I see suggestions on how to make the blog look better organized, design and style wise.

I had forgotten my review skills. I can review 10 a day. I am just out of form these days.

If you can write 10 stories in a month, I'm sure you can do 10 reviews in a day Laughing

:))
Guys do start with my blog please
Purnendu
from Pune
8 years ago

Done for your blog :)

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I will be very grateful to all , if anyone can spare time to review my blog as I have been thinking about buying a domain. Please let me know, whether it's worth investing. Thanks in advance.

Jensy George
Jensy George
from Chennai
8 years ago

Hi. I'd posted a blog review four days back and no feedback. So if anyone free please review my blog as well. Thank you. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Guys this isn't a thread to ask people to review your blogs. I am sure you can read the thread and understand the purpose of such threads. Bloggers of all people should read to understand the purpose of such posts. Would you appreciate if somebody derails a current threaded conversation in your comment sections with something else? 

LockSign in to reply to this thread