Why isn't Indiblogger monetized?

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

The topic says it all. With so much of traffic coming in I am sure Indiblogger can be monetized. And it can be done discreetly too. I am sure no one will mind.

Any particular reason, Indiblogger?

1-20
21-40
Replies 1 to 20 of 40 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Believe me, if the recession keeps up, we just might end up going so! Smile As of now, no plans!

S K G Rao
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Let it be as of now forever.Ads is Trojan Elephent.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Sorry - as for the reason, I don't believe our traffic would justify monetization as yet. Advertising tends to degrade the user experience - so we would think of monetizing IndiBlogger only when it becomes really, really worth it!

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Just so that we get a feel ... what would be traffic to Indiblogger (per day)?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Yogesh - sure I remember you! Smile How's it going? Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I agree with your views on monetization.

@Amitabh, @Yogesh - we get approx 1200-1400 visitors per day, and 3200-3700 pageviews. Our pageviews per visit has gone up by 20% after we launched this forum. Cool

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I recommend you monetize now. Of course, it needs to be done in an elegant. At least this way, we can pay you back for roviding us this forum. Not that we would go click-click-click to generate click frauds, but I am sure we will find some advertisement wirth clicking.

Note: before you apply to adsense, for example, get rid of this thread. Wink

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Well ... donations are accepted LOL!

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

On a another thought .. we just do this because we love it! All our lives we have been part of one community or the other.. we have spent so much money on a lot of things .. Quite frankly money was the last thing on our minds and maybe its a good thing or maybe its a bad thing... good because our only focus was quality and a bit lopsided because it came at a cost ..

But the bottom line is as long as you guys enjoy spending time here and love the experience which is only going to get richer by the way .. there is absolutely nothing that is going to stop us.. money is an incidental thing.. As long as we have enough for beers , a bottle of whiskey and side dishes we are cool man.. we are cool with that .. LOL

Enjoy yourselves here and help us know how you can enjoy more!!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Chota - the hosting is a small amount, so I certainly hope that never becomes an issue!

@Amitabh - I'll surely get rid of this thread (or atleast your reply) before signing up with Adsense! Smile

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Yeah... KFs and Old Monks have been Indiblogger's good old friends. As long as we have money for them, we're good. Aren't we? 

Rafiq Raja
Rafiq Raja
from Chennai
15 years ago

Let's not go overboard on monetary terms when IndiBlogger concept is just hitting the right length.  Let it prosper, and the patrons would slowly feel the need for a monetized environment.  But forcing on them, may not work always. 

Renie & Co... keep up the good job.

Sachin Jain
Sachin Jain
from Bangalore
15 years ago

well said Rafiq Smile

In fact, Renie and team have done a good job by putting this forum and blog aggregator together. However as he himself thought, monetizing should not be the priority right now due to the following reasons:

- Traffic needs to be really boosted (10 fold) to make anything significant

- Usually forums also host PPC ads like Google AdSense but the success of the same depends on outside India traffic. Probably IndiBlogger has more than 90% traffic from India

- Need to create more compelling reasons for bloggers to visit IndiBlogger on a regular basis

So at the moment, probably monetizing should not be the prime motive but to grow this concept in depth and breadth. You never know, there could be a bidder in that case :)

Good luck...

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

in future you will need funds to maintain this site and forums , so i will suggest why not put currently  paypal donate button on site.

2nd is amazon advt. of books, for this you can open a new forum or page so if anyone wants to purchase books he can go to that page and read and purchase it.

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I bet people enjoying this forum will never mind contributing to the betterment here ! Ask whenever need arise :D

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

That's nice to know - thank you! Smile

Donations wont be a bad idea while venturing into advertisements in this recession times won't do any good.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Usually forums also host PPC ads like Google AdSense but the success of the same depends on outside India traffic. Probably IndiBlogger has more than 90% traffic from India

-Very true!

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

i think indiblogger should put up some paid link sponsors . I'm sure alot would be interested.

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

are you using hostgator baby plan ?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Yep!

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

BINGO !!! Cool Wink

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Both Alpha Inventions and Condron accept donations so you can look at that.

How about adding a search engine that show cases 10 blogs for each category say 10 categories.That's a 100 blogs in the reading cycle.

People usually submit their blog on search engines once in a while to be in the reading cycle of their channel so they get page veiws as well as comments.This can be automated for those who donate Let us say Rs 500 monthly.

I am just combining Condron and Alpha.You can obviously make a better business plan and come up with larger numbers.

The money can be used to advertise to make it more visible.I came to know of Indiglogger after 6 months of active blogging.

I get about a 50 page views a day on my blog without any promotion and about 300 if I submit my blog at Alpha or Condron.Just to give you an idea....Smile

Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
14 years ago

I found the link of Condron but which alpha are you talking about ?

Here is a site that uses monetization rather elegantly, may give you some useful ideas:

http://hubpages.com/

1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread