How to promote your post?

Shamik Bhattacharya
Shamik Bhattacharya
from Bangalore
11 years ago

To the high rankers in IndiBlogger.. what is the technique to get your work noted? How can you get your post promoted? It would be great if you share your views!

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Samik,

How about starting out by checking other blogs that interest you and promoting them, perhaps even commenting on them? That will help you introduce yourself to a lot of new bloggers, gradually :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is one approach you can follow. I am not sure if this really falls inside the white area but still it isnt bad either. Regularly, visit the directory page here - http://www.indiblogger.in/directory.php which sorts the blogs based on the recentness. These exists a high probability that those blogs are from new members. You can verify this by looking into their profiles to find out if the total blogs owned by them equal one. By default, members are sent a mail whenever one is added by a fellow blogger into his / her network. Prepare a list of those blogs which seem interseting to you and which are worthy enough to read. Add those members into your network, read their latest post on IndiVine, comment on it and promote it. If possible, share the same on twitter or facebook. After doing so many things, they would probably visit your blog and if they like it, they will hang on to it. You too need to do the same thing occassionally - atleast reading, promoting and commenting.

In the long run, one of them will stop reading the other and one would become a folloower and the other followed. ( though not always ). And if it doesn't happen, then you have become blogger friends otherwise you both are just another follower-followed pair.

And as always Content is the King ... but only if it is supplemented by promotion. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

And two other things: Regularly visit the forum and take part in the discussions and if you like to chat, spend some time on IndiChat.

The probability of poeple clicking the promote button of your post rather than the nine other promote buttons increases when they have seen your presence sufficiently more number of times than the others.

I wish that someone can prove the two theories I have just proposed. Smile

Shamik Bhattacharya
Shamik Bhattacharya
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks a lot Ranjith. I 'll keep your theories in mind. Content alone doesn't make it all. A good promotion is essential too. Thank you once again

Shamik Bhattacharya
Shamik Bhattacharya
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks a lot Arti... The 2 way communication or both sided promotion is required; I understand. :)

Shamik Bhattacharya
Shamik Bhattacharya
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thank You HItesh. I have tried social networking sites already. Will try guest blogging. Thank You :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread