I Will Try To Help You - Ask Any Question on SEO/Wordpress, Adsense or Content W

Hector M
Hector M
from Dehradun
11 years ago

I have been blogging for more than 2 years and know a bit about SEO, Wordpress, Articles and Adsense - Shoot any questions and I will try my best to help you. 

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Make title suitable
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Hector M
Hector M
from Dehradun
11 years ago

Hi, 

Lets take each question one at a time - 

• Quality of Your Hosting Plays an Important Role? 

Yes, it does. In two ways - first it increases the user experience and secondly its one of the factors that Google considers for ranking websites. Page speed analytics have become one of the most important consideration for the past 6-12 months. Since users are able to surf better, they tend to open more pages, leading to lower bounce rate and better engagement. (Source:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkPhw5n4ZE) 

Checking Your Website Speed - https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

It's not just about the host, but a well designed website as well and both go hand in hand towards better ranking and user experience. 

• What Factors While Choosing a Host?

Uptime and Strong Security are some basic things. Then comes your budget, which I think puts a lot of constraints like Shared, Virtual or dedicated, depending on what you can afford. It's more of a balance in what you are getting back from the website and what you wish to put in. A fast, reliable, secure and affordable host is what you should go after. 

• How Accurate is G Analytiscs? 

It's the best in class enterprise solution available for free. It's considerably accurate and many websites like buyandsellads, flippa and others use G Analytics as a benchmark for traffic recognition. There are some reliable analytics out there, you may use them just to test this premise. There was some debate regarding the same of whether Google is estimating and predicting traffic, so even though I would say that it might not be pin point accurate, it does a good job overall. 

• Analytics differentiate human and nonhuman? 

Google Analytics and other web-based analytics programs track visitors that trigger JavaScript. As a result, threats, bots and automated crawlers are not recorded since these visitors typically do not trigger JavaScript. These services also don't track visitors who leave a page before it is fully loaded or have Javascript disabled. The choice of your potential advertiser would have been subjective as AWstats gives a better picture of 'Unique Visitors' to your website being installed on your server. Awstats from the point of view of the webmaster is the network traffic monitor while analytics is much more robust. 

I think I covered all topics. Hope this helps you. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Brilliant. Thanks for your time and effort :-). I mostly concentrate on average time spent on site more than unique visitors though. For me at the very least it shows how many people spend time to read the content.

LockSign in to reply to this thread