Do you accept anonymous comments?

KAJAL MAJHI
KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
11 years ago

eeh! the anonymous comments, their comments are out of any topic regarding any of my blog posts,  I wonder why do the hide their name? and the strange thing is you know what? they post comments only on the post, titled "Have you ever been crazy for a pen? " I think I have to disable the anonymous option. isn't it?

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think you should use comment moderating and delete any anomymous comments that do no sound genuine. 

KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
11 years ago

Undecided yeah Cool

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
11 years ago

I never accept such comments... and also I delete comments where people promote there business... like flower selling etc.. after a few deletion they stop putting such comments..

nice....

xyzflowerplaza

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Look, blogger dot com (don't know of wordpress though) itself doesn't publish such nonsense anonym comments with ad links and simply send them to your comment spam folder where you've option to publish them if you desire to do so.... so what's the problem buddy? Apart from these hazards, I feel anonym option should be there to give chance to your secret admirer Wink

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Celebrities often say that any publicity is good publicity. I say that any comments are good comments. An individual has taken the time and effort to find your blog and then to comment on it.

And I do have the option of deleting the comment if I find it offensive (which has not happened yet).

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago

^agree

KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
11 years ago

I totally agree with you sir,

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

If it is an individual, that's fine. The hassle is the anonymous comments that seem to come from bots

I won't mind anonymous comments as long as they are not spam.

Infact, many of my friends comment as anonymous. Smile

Kartik Jagdale
Kartik Jagdale
from Pune
11 years ago

I wont mind If there are Annoymous Comments on my blog

It is actually Godo If your blog is a startup blog

increases your page rank

alas i have aslo remove d the word verification from  ma blog.

preety easier to  comment

- Kartik

( www.insecuregeek.blogspot.com )

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

Noting wrong with that as long as they are genuine. 

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
11 years ago

I dont see anything wrong ...people be more frank..while commenting anonymously..and i feel that is geniune rather than commenting merely for having a link..

Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Me too accepting the anonymsus comments

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

I won't entertain any anonymous comment but if it is really important I will post my answer on my blog post...

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

i delete spams but Anonymous comments relevant to the article should be Okay for me. But it is not really good to post as an anonymous person, instead could have revealed the identity!

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

I accept whatever comments come my way, cos hell, I dont get that many comments in the 1st place :p. Beggars cant be choosers.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Nothing wrong in accepting annonymous comments if they offer good feed back and impersonal critique.

Payal
Payal
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Kajal, I think you should start monitoring your blog. Spammers will flood your blog with unneccessary comments if you don't monitor them. I also have my own parenting blog called Humpty Bumpty Kids where I always make sure that I keep a tab on the comments through wordpress. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread